Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived: BOM/SGOM > January SGOM: Erotica

Comments Showing 1-50 of 86 (86 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lina (last edited Dec 19, 2012 09:17PM) (new)

Lina | 5563 comments [image error][image error][image error][image error]

January Sub-Genre of the Month

It's on again! The mods have each nominated a Romance Sub-Genre and now we've posted a poll HERE for you, the members, to vote on what type of book you would like to read next month. The poll will run until December 30th.
Check back to find out which sub-genre won and then let us know below which book from your January reads will fit that sub-genre. Or ask for a recommendation. Or recommend a few books to other members. Or... well, you get the idea :-)

[image error][image error][image error][image error]

message 2: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Neat pics, CaroB!

message 3: by Lina (new)

Lina | 5563 comments Thanks. Or should I say, thank Pinterest :-)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

How about an Interracial :)

message 5: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments That is on the list, Lel, so it will be nominated one of these months.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Yippee!!! I just finished reading one and it was great A Lad's Trousers by Alexandria Infanté

message 7: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Oh, that one looks good, Lel. I love a "woman-in-pants" story. LOL!

message 8: by Shannon (new)

Shannon | 3 comments The book sounds really good and I love Interracial romances. Is it only in Ebook format?

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

No, she's actually in print on amazon. And I absolutely loooved this story. The love between the two characters (race did not matter to either) was just epic, and the stuff we girls dream of. I want my very own Christopher lol!

message 10: by Lina (new)

Lina | 5563 comments The Poll has ended. And the winner is... EROTICA!!
So what's your erotica read going to be for January?

message 11: by Lara (new)

Lara | 2335 comments I think I'll read Dark Craving (Dark Kings, #1) by Donna Grant . I just picked it up as a discounted ebook for my Nook.

message 12: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Lara, it's good!

I'm not sure what I'll read for this...I have plenty to choose from ;)

message 13: by Lara (new)

Lara | 2335 comments Thanks Susan! I picked up all three books this week as they have been reduced price ebooks (for other sellers too).

message 14: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (jyl22075) | 2336 comments Ooo, I have tons of books for this genre. I'm leaning toward Backstage Pass (Sinners on Tour #1) by Olivia Cunning since it's been on my TBR since forever.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I will be reading atleast two - On Dublin Street - Samantha Young and Exquisite!

message 16: by Gisela, Moderator (new)

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments I'm considering:

The Harlot (Taskill Witches, #1) by Saskia Walker The Reluctant Dom by Tymber Dalton Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1) by E.L. James among others

message 17: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Well we have the buddy read for Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione so that's one , I'll definitely read more .

message 18: by Leah (last edited Dec 30, 2012 04:09PM) (new)

Leah (horsenducks) I'll be sticking around here for some recommendations. I have read at least a few books in this genre in the past few months but have run out of books for January!

message 19: by KarenF (new)

KarenF (cleocleveland) | 458 comments Hmmm, so it looks like erotic romance is cool and not just erotica? Sorry I know it's a total nit-picky PITA question but it's the former bookstore manager in me. Must. Classify. Everything.

That's good for me, much to choose from on the ER side. Off the top of my head Feeling Hot (Out of Uniform, #7) by Elle Kennedy or Double Down (Vegas Top Guns, #1) by Katie Porter are things I've been meaning to get to on Mt. TBR.

message 20: by Lina (new)

Lina | 5563 comments Good point Karen. This is supposed to be a sub-genre of romance, so yep, erotic romance is fine :-)

I've got heaps to choose from, but I'm a really moody erotica reader. I could go days reading nothing but and then not read another for ages. I'll see how I feel in January...

message 21: by Lara (new)

Lara | 2335 comments Hmm, another, more clearly erotic, option I already own is Claimed (Brides of the Kindred, #1) by Evangeline Anderson . It also sounds like there will lots of sexy time ;-)

message 22: by Skandia (new)

Skandia (sfgirl) | 17 comments I'm going to read Wallbanger by Alice Clayton
Very high ratings so far, erotica and humor as genres listed - looks good !

message 23: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments My first read of 2013 was Duck! (Avian Shifters, #1) by Kim Dare which is M/M erotica.

message 24: by Lara (new)

Lara | 2335 comments I started Claimed (Brides of the Kindred, #1) by Evangeline Anderson last night. I was hoping for a book that would also fit in with my alphabet challenge in another group, but don't have a good choice that has enough pages to qualify. This one is going pretty well, though. Easy to read.

message 25: by Lara (new)

Lara | 2335 comments Finsihed Claimed (Brides of the Kindred, #1) by Evangeline Anderson today. It's quick and has lots and lots of steamy scenes. Hot alien sex! ;-)

message 26: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I just finished Masters at Arms (Rescue Me, #1) by Kallypso Masters and I'm here to tell you I am very surprised. Was there kinky sex going on? Yep. But there was a very powerful story there too. This sets the stage for the rest of the series that I'm now anxious to get to :)

message 27: by Gisela, Moderator (new)

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments Really?! *Runs to add it to Mt. TBR*

message 28: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I spent the afternoon and evening reading Ecstasy by Bella Andre very steamy way to spend several hours ;)

message 29: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I'm thinking of reading Jaid Black for this and another challenge. I'm not familiar with her work. I don't want anything too icky. What would you ladies recommend?

message 30: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Finished Reno's Chance A Navy Seals Story (Tempting SEALs, #1) by Lora Leigh - it was OK. I prefer her Breeds series. I wonder when the next one will be out.

message 31: by Susanne (new)

Susanne (bookcrazy47) | 884 comments I started Checking It Twice by Jodi Redford this weekend but I really didn't like it so I returned it today and marked it as DNF. It was such a sad surprise because I really liked Jodi Redford's other book The Naughty List.

message 32: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I finished our buddy read of Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione and really liked it. I'm sorely tempted to go on to book two, but I'll have to make myself wait for next month LOL

message 33: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Susan (susayq) wrote: "I finished our buddy read of Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione and really liked it. I'm sorely tempted to go on to book two, but I'll have to make myself wait for next month LOL"

It's hard to wait , I was really tempted to start the second one too

message 34: by Lara (new)

Lara | 2335 comments I had already read Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione , so decided to go ahead and read Desire Unchained (Demonica, #2) by Larissa Ione . Especially since I was able to get it from the library. I just finished it this evening. It's a quick read, but I didn't like it as much.

message 35: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Lara wrote: "I had already read Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione, so decided to go ahead and read Desire Unchained (Demonica, #2) by Larissa Ione. Especially since I was able to get it from the library. I just finishe..."

I also didn't like the 2nd book as much as the first. Shade really rubbed me the wrong way.

message 36: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Lauren wrote: "I also didn't like the 2nd book as much as the first."

Ditto.

message 37: by Lara (new)

Lara | 2335 comments LK, have you read the third book? I'm wondering how much I want to read the series.

message 38: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Lara wrote: "LK, have you read the third book? I'm wondering how much I want to read the series."

No. But my friend lent it to me, so I have it.

message 39: by Lara (new)

Lara | 2335 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "Lara wrote: "LK, have you read the third book? I'm wondering how much I want to read the series."

No. But my friend lent it to me, so I have it."

I borrowed the second from the library as an ebook. I think they the whole series, so may read them since I won't have to spend money. It will depend on what else I'm planning to read that month.

message 40: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "I'm thinking of reading Jaid Black for this and another challenge. I'm not familiar with her work. I don't want anything too icky. What would you ladies recommend?"

So...I didn't get a response to this...are you all unfamiliar with this author?

message 41: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I've not read anything by her so I'm no help. Sorry

message 42: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Sorry Lisa Kay. Haven't read her either.

message 43: by Lina (new)

Lina | 5563 comments I haven't either.

message 44: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Jan 11, 2013 10:13AM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Okay. I guess I have a decision to make all on my own. LOL!

message 45: by Lara (new)

Lara | 2335 comments Let us know what you decide. While I know Jaid Black is an Ellora's Cave regular, that is about it for my experience. Although she may have written one of the short stories in one of the anthologies I've read. But, if so, I can't remember.

message 46: by Susanne (new)

Susanne (bookcrazy47) | 884 comments I just finished Bad Boys Do (Donovan Brothers Brewery, #2) by Victoria Dahl . It's definitely closet-erotica and this was pretty tame but I still liked it a lot. I both laughed and cried which is very rare for me!

message 47: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments That book was a surprise for me I wax expecting a 3 star read but I ended giving it 5 stars.

message 48: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (last edited Jan 16, 2013 03:57AM) (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I loved that whole series, Susanne and ShoSho! In fact, most times when I post a pic of a guy in a kilt on pinterest, I'm thinking of Jamie Donovan ;)

ETA: and it was spicier than I thought it would be. I remember reading the first one and calling my BFF and asking her why I didn't know Victoria Dahl wrote such hot stuff LOL

message 49: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments The first book I read I read from her was a historical, I can't remember what is was (something wild in the title ) it was really spicy! Hehe.
I didn't read the first book in Donovans , I heard it has a lot of lying in it.

message 50: by D.G. (new)

D.G. I thought I was the only person who liked Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione better than the rest of the series!

I read one series by Victoria Dahl and really liked it. She definitely can write steamy stuff but not make the book all about that. I'll have to check that series!

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.