Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) Clockwork Prince discussion

Names for Charlotte and Henry's unborn son!

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sophie Hey guys, I was thinking, why don't we think of good names for Charlotte and Henry Branwell's unborn son?

Henry's wanted to call him "Buford"

What name do YOU think the baby should be called?

Gabby Is it a boy?

Sophie yes

Nurlely Charless or Charlie would be way too common. Buford is actually cute, and kind of reminding me of Henry, with chubby face.

I need to develop my imagination before I can come up with better names...

Gabby How did we know it was a boy?

Sophie Gabby wrote: "How did we know it was a boy?"

In the book, Charlotte said that the Silent Brothers found out and told her she was having a baby boy.

Gabby Awwwww, really? OMG that is the cutest thing ever! I have a secret love for Henry :)

Sophie I hope the baby is born during "The Clockwork Princess"! I really want to read it!

But, back to the question, what would you call the baby?

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

They should name him "Marde"
It's in French.

Gabby I'd call him Ollie. I have a sudden obsession with that name. :)
-And i hope he IS born in CP!!! I need to see their family whole! :D

message 12: by Jeni (last edited Dec 20, 2012 05:39AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jeni I have a terrible sense of foreboding with regard to Charlotte and Henry. I sense little baby Osbert will be an orphan by the end of the book. :*(

Edit: As I flipped to the next page of topics it suddenly occurred to me that if, heaven forbid, I'm right about Charlotte and Henry, Tessa (as godmother, of course) could adopt said orphan and raise him as her own.

Halle Mason

message 14: by Eva (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eva Jeni wrote: "I have a terrible sense of foreboding with regard to Charlotte and Henry. I sense little baby Osbert will be an orphan by the end of the book. :*(

Edit: As I flipped to the next page of topics it..."

OMG! Henry is a redhead! and so is Clary and Jocelyn from TMI... also Charlotte is a Fairchild, just as them as well...

Gabby Jeni wrote: "I have a terrible sense of foreboding with regard to Charlotte and Henry. I sense little baby Osbert will be an orphan by the end of the book. :*(

OMFG YOU HAVE IT FIGURED OUT!!!!

Serena I think the baby boy should be named after Jem and have the name James. It's totally something Charlotte would do.

Sophie Eva wrote: "Jeni wrote: "I have a terrible sense of foreboding with regard to Charlotte and Henry. I sense little baby Osbert will be an orphan by the end of the book. :*(

Edit: As I flipped to the next page...

OMG Henry is a redhead... "

You have a point there - maybe something really bad happens to Henry so Charlotte gives her maiden name to her child, and then that child goes on to be the great-great-great grandaddy of Clary!

Nurlely Sophie wrote: "You have a point there - maybe something really bad happens to Henry so Charlotte gives her maiden name to her child, and then that child goes on to be the great-great-great grandaddy of Clary!"

Was sensor the only thing Henry invented? If it was, then Henry will be the dead one in CP2. I doubt that CC will be that cruel. Charlotte and Henry just realised that they were married for love. They need longer time to enjoy that.

message 19: by Lily (new) - added it

Lily Just Halle wrote: "Mason"

I like that name, but I also like Timothy.

Gabby Nurlely wrote: "Sophie wrote: "You have a point there - maybe something really bad happens to Henry so Charlotte gives her maiden name to her child, and then that child goes on to be the great-great-great grandadd..."

She's cruel enough to kill off one of the main characters in CoHF and someone asked her if there is someone she wouldn't dare kill and she said 'Not really. I guess the more you know your characters, the more comfortable you are with killing them off.'

message 21: by Jeni (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jeni Nurlely wrote: "Charlotte and Henry just realised that they were married for love. They need longer time to enjoy that. "

So did Remus and Tonks and we all know how that turned out.

:*(

Matilda Rose Oliver? :) Ah well. Cassandra Clare honestly picked the best names in this story - I love them all and they suit so well.

Kellie Sophie wrote: "Eva wrote: "Jeni wrote: "I have a terrible sense of foreboding with regard to Charlotte and Henry. I sense little baby Osbert will be an orphan by the end of the book. :*(

Edit: As I flipped to t..."

But Henry is a Branwell...
Jocelyn is a Fairchild...

Blujeanbooks96 I actually think that maybe, if Jem or Will does in fact die, that Charlotte and Henry will name their baby after one of them.

message 25: by Eva (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eva Kellie wrote: "Sophie wrote: "Eva wrote: "Jeni wrote: "I have a terrible sense of foreboding with regard to Charlotte and Henry. I sense little baby Osbert will be an orphan by the end of the book. :*(

Edit: As..."

Charlotte is Fairchild.. idk if she had any other relatives with her lastname

Halle Arthur

Blujeanbooks96 Jeni wrote: "I have a terrible sense of foreboding with regard to Charlotte and Henry. I sense little baby Osbert will be an orphan by the end of the book. :*(

While this is heart breaking theory, I also really like it - Tessa raising the baby.

As for the name, I think they'll find a compromise.. something that combines 'Buford' into the name... maybe...

message 28: by Mary (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mary I think the child's name should be Oliver. It is a nice name and it fits with the period of time the book is taking place in.

Chisom O i forgot wats their last name? cause ik that they're prob parents of JOcelyn or grandparents

message 30: by Mary (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mary Charlotes maiden name is Fairchild. But her mairried name is Barnwell.

Lizbeth I like Theodore. It just sounds something that would fit for the little boy yet something both Charlette and Henry can agree on.

Aprilyn Umel I'm not sure if you guys have read the first chapter of Clockwork Princess but in the end of it, there was a part were they were saying how Charlotte might be chosen as the new consul.
Maybe this has something to do with the whole naming the child Branwell or Fairchild thing....
and the should name the child after an angel...