Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES > Books You Finished in One Sitting

Comments Showing 1-50 of 67 (67 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Have you read any books that you literally could not put down?

message 2: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Slammed (Slammed, #1) by Colleen Hoover and Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick

message 4: by Tayla (new)

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) | 1650 comments Does none count?

message 5: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Tayla wrote: "Does none count?"

Gee Tayla :)

message 6: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Libbie wrote: "On the Island by Tracey Garvis-Graves
The Fake Boyfriend Experiment by Stephanie Rowe
Unearthly (Unearthly, #1) by Cynthia Hand
The Reckoning (Darkest Powers, #3) by Kelley Armstrong
One Moment by Kristina McBride"

Love One Moment. I think I read it in one day too, if not in one sitting :D

message 8: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tracesoftracy) | 95 comments I'm easily distracted so no):
even "living dead girl" by Elizabeth Scott I had to put down because of rape scenes and distractions and it was big typed short chapter book /:

message 9: by Libbie (new)

Libbie Gisbelle wrote: "Love One Moment. I think I read it in one day too, if not in one sitting :D"

I meant to just see how it started, ended up not going to bed until 3am. Oops?

message 10: by Libbie (new)

Libbie paula wrote: "The Host Hush, Hush and Twilight"

You read The Host in one sitting? That's pretty impressive =)

message 11: by Doruntina (new)

Doruntina | 55 comments When i have a day off, i shut the outside world OFF for the whole day and just last Sunday, i didnt move from my spot for 8 hours, not even to go to the bathroom :$ freaky! I know...
Books i've read in one sitting:
Twilight, Harry Potter books (i would not eat, sleep or rest literally until i finished each new book), The Iron Queen, Obsidian, City of Bones... i dont know what else.

message 12: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Libbie wrote: "Gisbelle wrote: "Love One Moment. I think I read it in one day too, if not in one sitting :D"

I meant to just see how it started, ended up not going to bed until 3am. Oops?"

It was a great book, right? I was a bit unsure at first. Then WOW!

message 13: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Dori wrote: "When i have a day off, i shut the outside world OFF for the whole day and just last Sunday, i didnt move from my spot for 8 hours, not even to go to the bathroom :$ freaky! I know...
Books i've rea..."

It took me about 3 or 4 days to finish a Harry Potter book. You are amazing to finish it in one sitting :)

message 14: by Morganvillechic (last edited Dec 20, 2012 05:39AM) (new)

Morganvillechic | 301 comments The Accidental Hero (Jack Blank Adventure, #1) by Matt Myklusch The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1) by Kelley Armstrong The Morganville Vampire series Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1) by Kendare Blake etc.

message 15: by Almita (new)

★RavenclawReader★ (stargazer101) | 299 comments The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan

Cuba 15 by Nancy Osa

There's more, but I can't remember their names.

message 17: by Elle (Ligia) (new)

Elle (Ligia) | 2 comments On the Island by Tracey Garvis-Graves The Fault in Our Stars by John Green What a Boy Wants (What a Boy Wants, #1) by Nyrae Dawn
Those are the ones that I remember right now, but there are plenty! =)

message 18: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Elle (Ligia) wrote: "On the Island by Tracey Garvis-GravesThe Fault in Our Stars by John GreenWhat a Boy Wants (What a Boy Wants, #1) by Nyrae Dawn
Those are the ones that I remember right now, but there are plenty! =)"

I remember I read What a Boy Wants in one sitting also. Then began my girl-crush on Nyrae Dawn :)

message 19: by Jojobean (new)

Jojobean | 675 comments Here are the books I have read in one sitting that I really liked.
I have read alot of books in one sitting b/c that's kinda my thing. I'm known for reading books in a day :D

How They Croaked The Awful Ends of the Awfully Famous by Georgia Bragg On the Day I Died Stories from the Grave by Candace Fleming Never Cry Werewolf (Never Cry Werewolf, #1) by Heather Davis Something Strange and Deadly (Something Strange and Deadly, #1) by Susan Dennard Born Wicked (The Cahill Witch Chronicles, #1) by Jessica Spotswood Megan by Mary Hooper Megan 2 by Mary Hooper Megan 3 by Mary Hooper Newes from the Dead by Mary Hooper At the Sign of the Sugared Plum by Mary Hooper Petals in the Ashes by Mary Hooper Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1) by Kendare Blake Sweet Venom (Medusa Girls #1) by Tera Lynn Childs The Vespertine (The Vespertine, #1) by Saundra Mitchell Drowning Instinct by Ilsa J. Bick The Sacrifice by Kathleen Benner Duble Bound by Donna Jo Napoli Raised by Wolves (Raised by Wolves, #1) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes Trial by Fire (Raised by Wolves, #2) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes Taken by Storm (Raised by Wolves, #3) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes Dirty Little Secrets by C.J. Omololu Still Waters by Emma Carlson Berne Scars by Cheryl Rainfield Cut by Patricia McCormick Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson The Awakening and The Struggle (The Vampire Diaries, #1-2) by L.J. Smith Origins (The Vampire Diaries Stefan's Diaries, #1) by L.J. Smith The Fury and Dark Reunion (The Vampire Diaries, #3-4) by L.J. Smith Sold by Patricia McCormick Beyond The Burning Time by Kathryn Lasky The Burning Time by Carol Matas Cold Kiss (Cold Kiss, #1) by Amy Garvey Low Red Moon by Ivy Devlin Vesper (Deviants, #1) by Jeff Sampson Vampire Crush by A.M. Robinson The Redheaded Princess by Ann Rinaldi Hawksong (The Kiesha'ra, #1) by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes In the Forests of the Night (Den of Shadows, #1) by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes Demon in My View (Den of Shadows, #2) by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes Shattered Mirror (Den of Shadows, #3) by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes Snakecharm (The Kiesha'ra, #2) by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes Midnight Predator (Den of Shadows, #4) by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes Falcondance (The Kiesha'ra, #3) by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes Wolfcry (The Kiesha'ra, #4) by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes Wyvernhail (The Kiesha'ra, #5) by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes Persistence of Memory (Den of Shadows, #5) by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes All Just Glass (Den of Shadows, #7) by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes Token of Darkness by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer Bad Girls Don't Die (Bad Girls Don't Die, #1) by Katie Alender The Devil's Arithmetic  by Jane Yolen But I Love Him by Amanda Grace Reincarnation by Suzanne Weyn Give a Boy a Gun by Todd Strasser A Living Nightmare (Cirque Du Freak, #1) by Darren Shan The Vampire's Assistant (Cirque Du Freak, #2) by Darren Shan Nine Days a Queen The Short Life and Reign of Lady Jane Grey by Ann Rinaldi Mary, Bloody Mary (Young Royals, #1) by Carolyn Meyer Beware, Princess Elizabeth (Young Royals, #2) by Carolyn Meyer Doomed Queen Anne (Young Royals, #3) by Carolyn Meyer Patience, Princess Catherine (Young Royals, #4) by Carolyn Meyer The Bad Queen Rules and Instructions for Marie-Antoinette (Young Royals, #6) by Carolyn Meyer Duchessina A Novel of Catherine de' Medici (Young Royals, #5) by Carolyn Meyer In Mozart's Shadow His Sister's Story by Carolyn Meyer Cleopatra Confesses by Carolyn Meyer By the Time You Read This, I'll Be Dead by Julie Anne Peters Teach Me by R.A. Nelson Gathering Blue (The Giver, #2) by Lois Lowry The Best Little Girl in the World by Steven Levenkron The Luckiest Girl in the World by Steven Levenkron Blood Secret by Kathryn Lasky Demon Chick by Marilyn Kaye Killing Mr. Griffin by Lois Duncan Down a Dark Hall by Lois Duncan Code Orange by Caroline B. Cooney Flight #116 Is Down! by Caroline B. Cooney Emergency Room by Caroline B. Cooney The Terrorist by Caroline B. Cooney Twins by Caroline B. Cooney The Runaway (Fear Street #41) by R.L. Stine Life in the Fat Lane by Cherie Bennett Fever 1793 by Laurie Halse Anderson

message 20: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Wow! It must of taken you a long time to post all of them! :D

message 21: by Mary (new)

Mary Dempsey (BigonBooks) The fifth Percy Jackson book.

message 22: by Libbie (new)

Libbie Books I've read within 12 hour of their midnight release:

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) by J.K. Rowling Breaking Dawn (Twilight #4) by Stephenie Meyer Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins

message 23: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Libbie wrote: "Books I've read within 12 hour of their midnight release:

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6) by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) by J.K. Rowling[bookcover:Breaking Dawn|116254..."

They are pretty thick books! You finishing them in one sitting is very impressive :)

message 24: by Katie (new)

Katie (katiehodgkinson) I read The Fault in Our Stars by John Green in an afternoon today actually. The first book I've read from start to finish pretty much without distraction!

message 25: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Katie wrote: "I read The Fault in Our Stars by John Green in an afternoon today actually. The first book I've read from start to finish pretty much without distraction!"

Great one right? The ending was a bit heartbreaking, but I loved it so much!

message 26: by Kathy (last edited Feb 03, 2013 01:19PM) (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments Pandemonium (Delirium, #2) by Lauren Oliver Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi Beastly (Kendra Chronicles, #1) by Alex Flinn Tiger's Curse (The Tiger Saga, #1) by Colleen Houck

The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder Chasing Brooklyn by Lisa Schroeder I Heart You, You Haunt Me by Lisa Schroeder Far from You by Lisa Schroeder
though the last 4 books are in verse they are AMAZING!!!

Also Easy by Tammara Webber and it's THE BEST book on the entire planet!!!!!

message 27: by Kristy (new)

Kristy Ann (thefictionalfairy) | 345 comments Shimmerspell (The Shimmer Trilogy, #1) by Kimberly Spencer
A Kiss in Time by Alex Flinn
The Betrayal Knows My Name, Volume 1 by Hotaru Odagiri
All of the Sailor Moons and also For Mike. For some reason that book isn't coming up.

message 28: by Erin (new)

Erin Latimer | 108 comments The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games #1) by Suzanne Collins I literally read this without moving from the position I'd sat down in. I was sucked in and trapped until I'd finished it.

Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer This was one of those "just one more chapter...okay just another. One more. Oh, crap. It's three in the morning..."

message 29: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Erin wrote: "The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games #1) by Suzanne CollinsI literally read this without moving from the position I'd sat down in. I was sucked in and trapped until I'd finished it.

Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa MeyerThis was o..."

LOl... It happens all the time :)

message 30: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahmarie902) | 2 comments I just finished "The Girl In The Wall" by Daphne Benefits Grab!! It was a awesome read!! It only took me 6 hours to read!!

message 31: by Sagey (new)

Sagey Pooh | 296 comments The only one I can remember is Twilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie Meyer

message 32: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Sarah wrote: "I just finished "The Girl In The Wall" by Daphne Benefits Grab!! It was a awesome read!! It only took me 6 hours to read!!"

Great! I have to check it out ^_^

message 33: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Sagey wrote: "The only one I can remember is Twilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie Meyer"

Only book 1 of Twilight really made me feel something :) The rest were not as good.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

I have read a few

Twilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie Meyer New Moon (Twilight, #2) by Stephenie Meyer Eclipse (Twilight, #3) by Stephenie Meyer Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4) by Stephenie Meyer The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games #1) by Suzanne Collins Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) by J.K. Rowling The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

The quickest two were Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) by J.K. Rowling and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6) by J.K. Rowling . Read them both in 5 hours. All of these were read in contests with my friend. We always see who can read the fastest.

message 35: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Great contest :) Wow Harry Potter books took me at least 2 to 3 days to finish.

message 36: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 672 comments I have read all Harry Potter books in one sitting, they are amazing loooove! :)

I read The Hunger Games, Thriteen Reasons Why, The Future Of Us, Iron Fey Series and so many more lol

message 37: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Harshini WatchMeRead wrote: "I have read all Harry Potter books in one sitting, they are amazing loooove! :)

I read The Hunger Games, Thriteen Reasons Why, The Future Of Us, Iron Fey Series and so many more lol"

You read fast :D These books are THICK!

message 38: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 672 comments Did someone just tell me I read fast? Jeez Gisbelle what would you be called then...?

message 39: by Erin (new)

Erin Latimer | 108 comments Oh yeah! Harry Potter, the last book. Cause I stayed up all night!

message 40: by Harleen (new)

Harleen Leaving Paradise (Leaving Paradise, #1) by Simone Elkeles and Return to Paradise (Leaving Paradise, #2) by Simone Elkeles

They were soooo good! I loved them sooooo much. Unexpectedly none the less.

message 41: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 672 comments Ok the last book I read in one sitting was The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks

message 42: by Megan (new)

Megan Brooker | 490 comments All three Hunger Games books I read each in one day if that counts but that's it.

message 43: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Harleen wrote: "Leaving Paradise (Leaving Paradise, #1) by Simone Elkeles and Return to Paradise (Leaving Paradise, #2) by Simone Elkeles

They were soooo good! I loved them sooooo much. Unexpectedly none the less."

I loved them too. I finished in one day also, maybe not in one sitting. It was long ago. I don't remember :)

message 44: by ✨Maggie (new)

✨Maggie (maggieeg2) | 10 comments I got the Selection done took me 2 hours one one couch.

message 45: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments ✨Maggie wrote: "I got the Selection done took me 2 hours one one couch."

impressive :) It took me almost 2 days XD

message 46: by ✨Maggie (new)

✨Maggie (maggieeg2) | 10 comments Ooh and the Percy Jackson books.

message 47: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I haven't posted my books yet XD

Here are some of them:

Don't Die, My Love by Lurlene McDaniel One Moment by Kristina McBride Nobody But Us by Kristin Halbrook From Ashes by Molly McAdams Dizzy by Nyrae Dawn Don't Let Me Go by J.H. Trumble

message 48: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 672 comments I just read another book in one sitting, but it took only 40 minutes teethe pretty small lol
Diary of a Wimpy Kid (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #1) by Jeff Kinney , looking forward to the rest of the series

message 49: by Alyson (new)

Alyson (bookworm149) | 3 comments The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1) by Kelley Armstrong The Awakening (Darkest Powers, #2) by Kelley Armstrong The Reckoning (Darkest Powers, #3) by Kelley Armstrong The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games #1) by Suzanne Collins Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1) by Kendare Blake The Calling (Darkness Rising, #2) by Kelley Armstrong The Gathering (Darkness Rising, #1) by Kelley Armstrong

It was so hard putting these books down once I started the first page.

« previous 1