Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone discussion

Book 6 SPOILER ALERT: Did anyone else cry when the old magical gay guy (aka Dumbledore) died?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 83 (83 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I know I did.

Lashya Wilson He was *N*O*T* Gay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Lashya wrote: "He was

*N*O*T*

Gay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

WAS TOO!

Lashya Wilson Where does it say that???? Because I TOTALLY Missed it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gabby Actually he was (JK Rowling confirmed it in an interview.) I'm not trying to side with Mademoiselle Catherine le Troll d'Internetz, because she is abusing goodreads, but it's true.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes jk Rowling said it in an interview

Nichola He was surely as gay as the OP is a troll.

Ellen was he agay? if so was grinwald his old lover and the fight was a lovers spat

Nichola Ellen wrote: "was he agay? if so was grinwald his old lover and the fight was a lovers spat"

Not his lover but he was the object of his affection which is why he took so long to confront him.

message 10: by Ciara (last edited Dec 21, 2012 04:50AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ciara ...I've read the series, but feel bad for those who haven't reached the book in which he died (Half-Blood Prince).
So, next time you post a spoiler-filled comment, please say so and post it under the right book!

Secondly, yes Dumbledore is gay. I won't argue any further.

Thirdly, it is unfair to label him under 'gay' only, when he is so much more. Supposing you've read the whole series, as you've reached Half-Blood Prince, you'll know what an amazing man he was, despite his faults and sometimes unpleasant demeanour.
Sorry to nag at you, but I must say it.

Lastly; R.I.P. Albus Dumbledore!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

No, I didn't cry. I fell out of love with Dumbledore in the last book.

message 12: by A (new) - rated it 5 stars

A can anyone link me the video where Rowling said that he was gay? cause i've seen the article,but is there any video of it?

Lashya Wilson Faith wrote: "I am so fucking tired of the whole " OMG NOOO DUMBLES IS GAY!!!!" thing , he's gay , get over it people. Why does it freak everyone out so much?"

This is BRAND NEW, To me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 14: by Erin (new) - rated it 4 stars

Erin O'Riordan The only part of the series that actually made me cry was in the seventh book when Harry went into the forest. I love Dumbledore, but I think his death was spoiled for me before I read it.

BTW, shouldn't this discussion be on Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince?

message 15: by Stepheny (new) - added it

Stepheny Ciara *I love Harry Potter!* wrote: "...I've read the series, but feel bad for those who haven't reached the book in which he died (Half-Blood Prince).
So, next time you post a spoiler-filled comment, please say so and post it under t..."

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank you.

message 16: by Leah (new) - added it

Leah Maegen wrote: "I balled when he died :( I haven't done that sort of thing since then(I was a preteen)"

You balled?

message 17: by Nichola (last edited Dec 20, 2012 03:24PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nichola Leah wrote: "Maegen wrote: "I balled when he died :( I haven't done that sort of thing since then(I was a preteen)"

You balled?"

Her eyes out? As in bawled her eyes out meaning she was heartbroken and cried a lot. That's what I assumed it meant anyway :/

message 18: by Leah (new) - added it

Leah Nichola wrote: "Leah wrote: "Maegen wrote: "I balled when he died :( I haven't done that sort of thing since then(I was a preteen)"

You balled?"

Her eyes out? As in bawled her eyes out meaning she was heartbrok..."

Well balled and bawled are very different words

Nichola Leah wrote: "Nichola wrote: "Leah wrote: "Maegen wrote: "I balled when he died :( I haven't done that sort of thing since then(I was a preteen)"

You balled?"

Her eyes out? As in bawled her eyes out meaning s..."

LOL yeah I know. I might be wrong that's just what I assumed it to mean :)

Gabby Ciara *I love Harry Potter!* wrote: "...I've read the series, but feel bad for those who haven't reached the book in which he died (Half-Blood Prince).
So, next time you post a spoiler-filled comment, please say so and post it under t..."

Nah, don't count on the troll who started this to change the title.

message 21: by Nichola (last edited Dec 20, 2012 04:38PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nichola Maegen wrote: "And I really don't appreciate those comments- they hurt my feelings."

Do you include my comments in that? I didn't mean to offend you I meant to say I understood what you were saying but acknowledged that I may have been wrong in my assumptions. Sorry, my apologies if it was one of my comments, the down side to net communication is that voice intonation is lost which can give the words loads of different undertones :(

Maegen Nichola wrote: "Maegen wrote: "And I really don't appreciate those comments- they hurt my feelings."

Do you include my comments in that? I didn't mean to offend you I meant to say I understood what you were sayi..."

Okay, thank you very much for your apology. I hadn't used the word 'bawl' in a long time so I accidentally spelled it wrong. It wasn't your comment.

message 23: by Cat (new) - added it

Cat Move this to the actual book he died in. Thank for the spoilers, JERK. Im on book three and have not seen the movies yet. Move this to a different book.

Nichola Maegen wrote: "Nichola wrote: "Maegen wrote: "And I really don't appreciate those comments- they hurt my feelings."

Do you include my comments in that? I didn't mean to offend you I meant to say I understood wh..."

I hadn't noticed the mistake to be honest until someone asked for clarification :(

Gabby Evanna wrote: "Move this to the actual book he died in. Thank for the spoilers, JERK. Im on book three and have not seen the movies yet. Move this to a different book."

I'm sorry you had to read this spoiler. The person who started this comment WANTED to upset and spoil things for people she's been trolling around other discussions as well, it's unforgivable.

Yasmine Nouri I was sad, but the one I cried for was Dobby! You won't believe it. I'm not much of a crying type and I was leaking! I never forget that night. On the whole Harry Potter series gave me a lot of heartaches!

Yasmine Nouri About him being gay, J.K. Rowling sees him as such (she mentioned it in a press conference or interview), but there is no distinctive clue in the story showing him to be one!

Sienna Lashya wrote: "He was

*N*O*T*

Does it really matter if he was? Seriously.

Andrea Escaffi-James I have never thought of Dumbledore as that "Old Magical Gay guy".
But yes, i was very sad and shed a few tears. The last book wasn't going to have the comfort of knowing AD would help Harry with his wisdom and protection.
I felt alone and scared for Harry.

Joannne it was sad

Kristen Tarzwell I have never thought he was that 'old magical gay guy' either.
And yes JK Rowling viewed him as such
And I actually didn't cry either...it was kinda expected for me but of course it was sad. Any death of any person is sad

message 32: by inga (new) - rated it 5 stars

inga Lashya wrote: "He was

*N*O*T*

People like you really upset me. So what if he is gay? I always thought he was asexual, but it doesn't matter to me either way.

message 33: by Leah (new) - added it

Leah Spoiler much

Micki Lou Lashya wrote: "He was

*N*O*T*

I'm really sorry to say hunny but he was, J K Rowling said in a documentary she did about writing and publishing of the final book that she had always thought of Dumbledore as gay. I know a lot of people would have loved to him with Professor McGonagall but it was never to be. Sorry.

message 35: by Leah (new) - added it

Leah Micki wrote: "Lashya wrote: "I'm really sorry to say hunny but he was, J K Rowling said in a documentary she did about writing and publishing of the f..."

He's a bit old for McGonagall, isn't he? He's over 100 and McGonagall is in her 70's from what I remember...

Sparrowlicious Lol this topic made me grin when I saw the title. Well, yes, I was sad.
Even though I knew it already before even reading the book because my father loves to spoil things and he read the book before I read it. Bleh. (And it was all over the internet as well.)

Bookluvr luvr ok listen up, dumbledore is not gay end of story. anyone who says differently, don't kid yourself. You just wish you were dumbledor so much that you had to insult the real one

Rade I don't know why it matters so much if he is or he is not gay. And why does it say "Spoiler alert" and then the actual spoiler in the title? Why couldn't it say, "did anyone feel sad when this Harry Potter character died. If you want to make it interesting, say "controversial character". I think it spoiled it for many people who did not read the book but unconsciously looked at the question to see if it appeals to them. Just my opinion. Have a good day

Nimethnimora Bookluvr wrote: "ok listen up, dumbledore is not gay end of story. anyone who says differently, don't kid yourself. You just wish you were dumbledor so much that you had to insult the real one"

How on earth is being gay supposed to be insulting? JK Rowling confirmed in an interview that he WAS gay and if you don't like it, that's tough.

In any case, Dumbledore was a very complex man, his being gay is only one of many different aspects of him. It does not solely define who he is and it is certainly not insulting.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Bookluvr wrote: "ok listen up, dumbledore is not gay end of story. anyone who says differently, don't kid yourself. You just wish you were dumbledor so much that you had to insult the real one"

As much as I wish I were dumbledore, it would be stupid to be so jealous of a fictional character that I would insult him by calling him gay which 1: isn't even an insult and 2: a fact confirmed by JK Rowling. I don't know why you put up such a fuss over it instead of accepting the fact.

Jessie Radford Well I have heard the gay rumor before, and could care less either way. It didn't take away from the character one bit. But what I think is strange has anyone notice that you don't hear mention of anyone of the professors at Hogwarts being married or having a spouse? Save for Lupin but that was after he left.

message 42: by Gabby (last edited Jan 06, 2013 10:13PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gabby Good point. and it's not a rumour. At least I don't call something that's been proven true (By the author herself) is still called a rumour.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Gabby wrote: "God point. and it's not a rumour. At least I don't call something that's been proven true (By the author herself) is still called a rumour."

Which God points at what?
Please clarify.

Gabby Mme. Catherine le Ninja Coréen wrote: "Gabby wrote: "God point. and it's not a rumour. At least I don't call something that's been proven true (By the author herself) is still called a rumour."

Which God points at what?
Please clarify."

Okay, so there was a spelling error. Deal.

message 45: by Aditi (new) - added it

Aditi who said he was gay.. and yes i cried a lot..for him..he was one f my favorite character..so inspiring..

message 46: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 06, 2013 10:21PM) (new)

Gabby wrote: "Mme. Catherine le Ninja Coréen wrote: "Gabby wrote: "God point. and it's not a rumour. At least I don't call something that's been proven true (By the author herself) is still called a rumour."

Wh..."

* Okei
* sppeleng
* erir

Jezus womin, cant eu sppel enything rite?0

Gabby Aditi wrote: "who said he was gay.. and yes i cried a lot..for him..he was one f my favorite character..so inspiring.."

JK Rowling said it in an interview.

message 48: by Gabby (last edited Jan 06, 2013 10:27PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gabby Mme. Catherine le Ninja Coréen wrote: "Gabby wrote: "Mme. Catherine le Ninja Coréen wrote: "Gabby wrote: "God point. and it's not a rumour. At least I don't call something that's been proven true (By the author herself) is still called ..."

Look who's talking.

message 49: by inga (new) - rated it 5 stars

inga Bookluvr wrote: "ok listen up, dumbledore is not gay end of story. anyone who says differently, don't kid yourself. You just wish you were dumbledor so much that you had to insult the real one"

Homophobic comments like yours don't get you far on the internet, honey. I suggest you keep your homophobic vibes to yourself, hm?

message 50: by Aditi (new) - added it

Aditi ok maybe so does it really matter..i dont think so...

« previous 1