City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) City of Bones discussion

Ewwww gross, a shirtless dude.........

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 19, 2012 08:15PM) (new)

[Despite being a girl] This is a threat to my manhood!
People should put fatass gross old guys on book covers so people don't feel bad about how fugly they look.....

Mariana Haha! Yeah, my mom didn't want me reading this at first becuse she assumed it was inappropriate.

Sophie Mariana wrote: "Haha! Yeah, my mom didn't want me reading this at first becuse she assumed it was inappropriate."

Same - the only reason my mum let me read it because my cousin had already read it and said it was fine. (We didn't tell mum it was YA.)
:)

Gabby My mum read it first and practically glued me to a chair and told me to read it. Love Malec.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Sophie wrote: "Mariana wrote: "Haha! Yeah, my mom didn't want me reading this at first becuse she assumed it was inappropriate."

Same - the only reason my mum let me read it because my cousin had already read it..."

My mom actually bought it for me.... but I still don't like naked people on my books.

message 6: by Ami (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ami E. Bowen I'm glad I'm old enough to choose my own reading material and no one can say yay or nay about it. Though, whenI a teen my grandmother stopped me from reading "Wife" by Judy Blue and my mother made me take a Jackie Collins novel back to the store for money back, claiming it was too old for me.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Ami wrote: "I'm glad I'm old enough to choose my own reading material and no one can say yay or nay about it. Though, whenI a teen my grandmother stopped me from reading "Wife" by Judy Blue and my mother made ..."

I have access to multiple libraries and my parents don't even check what I read. That's because they're open-minded, they trust me, and I haven't done anything bad yet. I'm a lucky kid.

message 8: by inga (last edited Dec 22, 2012 02:16AM) (new) - added it

inga Mademoiselle Catherine le Ninja Coréen wrote: "Ami wrote: "I'm glad I'm old enough to choose my own reading material and no one can say yay or nay about it. Though, whenI a teen my grandmother stopped me from reading "Wife" by Judy Blue and my..."

Same. My parents always encouraged me to read, but they let me choose my own reading material. Their parents, my grandparents, didn't control their reading choices either.

It was different with watching TV though; my mother was very apprehensive about TV shows, and forbade me to watch series that she thought were "all about sex."
Once she forbade me to watch Supernatural because she said she didn't want me watching a TV series about demons and the devil, as she was worried I would have nightmares, and it was the same with Reaper.