City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) City of Bones discussion


485 views
Why can't Jace be portrayed by Morgan Freeman or Will Smith

Comments Showing 1-50 of 227 (227 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

If you think that a black person can't do a good Jace, then you're a racist. Racists go to Hell, ps Jesus loves u!


Heather It has nothing to do w/ race. He can't be protrayed by the actors you mentioned because he's SEVENTEEN. Also, he's supposed to be possibly related to other people in the book who are of ENGLISH. His mother is supposed is supposed to have RED hair. BLUE eyes and BLOND hair are mentioned often. Not to mention the prequels. Have you even read the books. There are charachters that could be concievably be black and there are charaters who are actually Spanish and Latino. Don't pick a fight about racism when there isn't one. It's rude and stupid.


message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Heather wrote: "It has nothing to do w/ race. He can't be protrayed by the actors you mentioned because he's SEVENTEEN. Also, he's supposed to be possibly related to other people in the book who are of ENGLISH. Hi..."

Don't even ATTEMPT to justify your sickness, you racist.


Gabby EXCUSE YOU! He can't be play ed by one of those because of his age and that fact that Jace has a LIGHT SKIN TONE! And don't you dare say that Cassandra Clare OR I am racist, because we're not. Believe what you want but as soon as you start telling other people that they are racist than YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME!


Gabby Heather wrote: "It has nothing to do w/ race. He can't be protrayed by the actors you mentioned because he's SEVENTEEN. Also, he's supposed to be possibly related to other people in the book who are of ENGLISH. Hi..."

A-FREAKING-MEN TO THAT!


message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Gabby wrote: "EXCUSE YOU! He can't be play ed by one of those because of his age and that fact that Jace has a LIGHT SKIN TONE! And don't you dare say that Cassandra Clare OR I am racist, because we're not. Beli..."

Racist is still being racist. I hope you find a cure for your bigotry.


Sophie @Mademoiselle
I'm sorry to tell you this, but it is hardly discrimination if they are not suited for the role in the first place. The colouring of the character is completely up to Cassandra Clare, and it's your own opinion, not ours if you believe she is racist. WHICH SHE IS NOT.


message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Sophie wrote: "@Mademoiselle
I'm sorry to tell you this, but it is hardly discrimination if they are not suited for the role in the first place. The colouring of the character is completely up to Cassandra Clare,..."


I see you're wearing a black shirt in your profile picture...that's racist! I'm sure a real black person (if you could find one) would be offended!

#moronictroll


Sophie It is called a wetsuit, and yes, most wetsuits are normally black!

And thank you for noticing my picture :)


message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Sophie wrote: "It is called a wetsuit, and yes, most wetsuits are normally black!

And thank you for noticing my picture :)"


Your picture is beautiful. I've been sending it to my creepy pedophile internet friends so that we can discuss how cool you look. ;]


Sophie Aww... I'm touched.
Creep.


message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Sophie wrote: "Aww... I'm touched.
Creep."


I'm not creepy....oh wait, yes I am.
*waggles eyebrows like a stereotypical movie villain and jumps out the window*


Sophie Mademoiselle Catherine le Troll d'Internetz wrote: "Sophie wrote: "Aww... I'm touched.
Creep."

I'm not creepy....oh wait, yes I am.
*waggles eyebrows like a stereotypical movie villain and jumps out the window*"


Was the window really necessary? You know, your "villain-self" could have been on the top floor of a 20 story building... you never know. And then, I'm sorry to tell you, you would be nothing more than a rather repulsive splat on the ground. :)


Erika Lol


message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Sophie wrote: "Mademoiselle Catherine le Troll d'Internetz wrote: "Sophie wrote: "Aww... I'm touched.
Creep."

I'm not creepy....oh wait, yes I am.
*waggles eyebrows like a stereotypical movie villain and jumps o..."


I usually phone a fat kid and have him/her meet me below the window just so that I have something soft to land on after I jump 20 stories. I usually make him/her sign waiver first.


Sophie And you were saying that WE were discriminative in the other chat! What do you have against fat kids, huh? Are they wearing wetsuits that annoy you?


message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Sophie wrote: "And you were saying that WE were discriminative in the other chat! What do you have against fat kids, huh? Are they wearing wetsuits that annoy you?"

Well, smart one, what exactly do you think would happen if I jumped on a SKINNY person? We'd both die (not just one)!


Heather This entire discussion is why people think Americans are stupid hicks.


message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Heather wrote: "This entire discussion is why people think Americans are stupid hicks."

I only pretend to be an American because they really do act like this.


Gabby @Heather, i know it's fustrating, but please don't insult others

@ Mademoiselle Catherine le Troll d'Internetz......SHUT UP ALREADY!


Sophie Mademoiselle Catherine le Troll d'Internetz wrote: "Sophie wrote: "And you were saying that WE were discriminative in the other chat! What do you have against fat kids, huh? Are they wearing wetsuits that annoy you?"

Well, smart one, what exactly d..."


Thus, the coda of the story is...

a)Don't go jumping out of buildings pretending to be a villain.
b)Don't use people as landing mats.
c)Don't go posting derogatory, offensive and creepy stuff in the first place.

Voi-La!


message 22: by Sophie (last edited Dec 19, 2012 08:47PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sophie Heather wrote: "This entire discussion is why people think Americans are stupid hicks."

Mademoiselle Catherine le Troll d'Internetz wrote: "Heather wrote: "This entire discussion is why people think Americans are stupid hicks."

I am not American and neither do I think that they are "stupid hicks"

BTW vulgar words


Heather I believe the insults began w/ you. I did not insult anyone directly, unlike you. If you are comment, gain some intellegence. Now, that is a direct insult.


Sophie I'm sorry. I didn't mean to insult anyone.


Nurlely Heather wrote: "This entire discussion is why people think Americans are stupid hicks."

Oh No. Trolls do not have citizenship. They are outcast.. :)


Gabby Okay, everyone this is what Mademoiselle Catherine le Troll d'Internetz .... lets just call her Catherine.
Okay, this is what 'Catherine' wants. for everyone can argue, so she feels as though she has accomplished some sick, stupid wish. everyone stop posting and she will stop abusing.


Sophie Gabby wrote: "Okay, everyone this is what Mademoiselle Catherine le Troll d'Internetz .... lets just call her Catherine.
Okay, this is what 'Catherine' wants. for everyone can argue, so she feels as though she ..."


You are totally right. She just wants to derive negativities out of us - frustration and anger.


Sophie Gabby wrote: "@Heather, i know it's fustrating, but please don't insult others

@ Mademoiselle Catherine le Troll d'Internetz......SHUT UP ALREADY!"


I commend you on your ability to stand up for others! Good on you


Heather You obviously aren't American. Here being called a hick is not "vulgar." Many proudly proclain their redneck heirtage. Being called a racist is a whole differant story. We work really hard to earse racial lines and barriers. Stirring trouble where there is none is demeaning to blacks and whites. It can cause an argument as you just saw. It can even lead to beatings and death. It is NOT a minor thing in America, and Gaby was fully aware of that. So, it was not brave. It was very, very wrong at best- stupid at worst.


message 30: by Sophie (last edited Dec 19, 2012 09:11PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sophie Oh, sorry I thought it was an insult because it was put in that context (ie.stupid).
Just so you know, I completely support equality and don't believe in discrimination for colour, religion, race, political beliefs, etc.

I am really sorry if I caused any offence.


Nurlely Gabby wrote: "Okay, everyone this is what Mademoiselle Catherine le Troll d'Internetz .... lets just call her Catherine.
Okay, this is what 'Catherine' wants. for everyone can argue, so she feels as though she ..."


She said her name is Catherine. I think the best thing to do is for us to ignore her.

We do not let Trolls stop us from posting our comments. This is what we love, and this is why we came to Goodreads, to share our opinions about the books we love.


message 32: by Sophie (last edited Dec 19, 2012 09:24PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sophie Nurlely wrote: "Gabby wrote: "Okay, everyone this is what Mademoiselle Catherine le Troll d'Internetz .... lets just call her Catherine.
Okay, this is what 'Catherine' wants. for everyone can argue, so she feels ..."


Here, here!
All in favour, say "I"


Sophie Ariane wrote: "I"

Thx


Nurlely Heather wrote: "This entire discussion is why people think Americans are stupid hicks."

My American friend thinks that calling him a hicks is condescending. Maybe for you it is not 'vulgar', but my friend disagrees with you. Not considering it 'vulgar' doesn't mean that you are not 'insulting' them. It was the tone that will clarify more, but since we are only able to read here, we take it just like it is... :)

And please do not over-reacted on what Gabby and Sophie were saying. We were sort of 'discussing' something with Catherine here, and Gabby thought that you were insulting Americans by calling them hicks.

And I may not know Sophie and Gabby, but just from reading their comments, I can understand that they are also against racism. I even can say, that no one here is with racism or ignites racism case but the infamous troll Catherine.


Gabby IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII


Sophie Nurlely wrote: "Heather wrote: "This entire discussion is why people think Americans are stupid hicks."

My American friend thinks that calling him a hicks is condescending. Maybe for you it is not 'vulgar', but m..."


Thankyou so, so, so much.


Sophie This is the problem when no-one can see your facial expressions or hear your voice -
comments are mistaken and taken the wrong way.


Gabby Yes. So sorry for taking this the wrong way.


message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

You people have no idea how entertaining you are. Look! Just a few stupid comments and I got over 30 replies. This is why I love fangirls.


message 41: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 19, 2012 09:50PM) (new)

Vous êtes hilarants!
Américains sont très stupides...


Gabby le sont pas.

(It's in french :)


Heather Oui! I can respect someone who plays devil's advocate. And names themselves after the woman who knits at the foot of le guiolltine (sorry spelling is bad in any language.)


Nurlely @Sophie @Gabby @Heather

When the evil is around, the good must be there to let the evil knows that such evil does not run the world or our little Goodreads' discussion forum... :)

But ignorance is something else. Especially when stupidity and arrogance are added to mix such perfect pathetic soul. I think Catherine is proud of herself now. So predictable... :)

I am thinking of presenting Catherine the troll a big mirror for her to see her face clearly while typing her boredom into the discussion forum. Maybe her constant screams will crack the mirror and then she needs to wait a whole year before getting another mirror for her birthday present.


Heather She is the mirror


message 46: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 19, 2012 10:03PM) (new)

Gabby wrote: "le sont pas.

(It's in french :)"


USODA!!!
(Japonais)


Gabby And who cares anyway if we got over 40 posts, we must've thought it was worth our while to stop here and say how stupid your being, eh?

I'm sorry, in case you can't read that, Catherine, let me put it in french for you :)

Et qui se soucie de toute façon nous avons obtenu est plus de 40 messages, nous a dű pensé que c'était vaille la peine de s'arrêter là et de dire à quel point votre être stupide, hein?


message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Heather wrote: "Oui! I can respect someone who plays devil's advocate. And names themselves after the woman who knits at the foot of le guiolltine (sorry spelling is bad in any language.)"

"Catherine" comes from both my great-grandmother and also Catherine the Great of Russia.


message 49: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 19, 2012 10:07PM) (new)

Gabby wrote: "And who cares anyway if we got over 40 posts, we must've thought it was worth our while to stop here and say how stupid your being, eh?

I'm sorry, in case you can't read that, Catherine, let me pu..."


Je parle l'anglais... :/
Aussi, je ne suis pas d'accord.


Gabby Oh, i apologise.

AND i have some news for you; http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/5... Join and you can stop bugging us.


« previous 1 3 4 5
back to top