Readers For Life discussion

Challenges > Door Jammer Challenge

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lilac (new)

Lilac  (lilac_wales) When does this challenge start and end?

message 2: by Devynne (new)

Devynne I'm gonna try to do one day soon Brisingr :)

message 3: by ZaraS (new)

ZaraS  *book reviewer Erin wrote: "In this challenge, you will be shooting for a big goal, literally. You will have to read a large book that you have been putting off. You may have been using it for some things that this poor book ..."

I just finished my first Door Jammer -

Fall of Giants (The Century Trilogy #1) by Ken Follett by Ken Follett

It was worth the 850 pages. I shall be attempting the next one in the trilogy - Winter of the World - shortly.

message 4: by ZaraS (new)

ZaraS  *book reviewer I've started the second book in Ken Follett's Fall of Giants Trilogy. It is only 818 pages long this time. LOL

message 5: by ZaraS (new)

ZaraS  *book reviewer Erin wrote: "Great job, Zara! I am currently read The Help and it is amazing. It is taking me awhile to finish because I am a pretty slow reader. LOL"

Thanks Erin. I'm a pretty slow reader as well so I know exactly where you're coming from.

message 6: by Julie (last edited Feb 28, 2013 09:53PM) (new)

Julie I'm hoping to read 10 Doorjammers this year! I'll post them as I go.....

1. The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead (401 pages) 2/28/13

The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines, #3) by Richelle Mead

message 7: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 03, 2013 12:25PM) (new)

I want to read A Storm of Swords before season 3 of Game of Thrones starts in March, but it's over 1100 pages! Well, I'll give it my best shot!
A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire, #3) by George R.R. Martin

message 8: by Julie (new)

Julie Talia wrote: "I want to read A Storm of Swords before season 3 of Game of Thrones starts in March, but it's over 1100 pages! Well, I'll give it my best shot!
A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire, #3) by George R.R. Martin"

I'm currently reading Anna Karenina on my Nook Tablet.....it is 1180 pages! I space out the reading (about 15 pages a day), so I should be finished sometime in late March.

message 9: by Madilynn (last edited Feb 03, 2013 01:48PM) (new)

Madilynn Reading Come Fly With Me by Sandi Perry

message 10: by Julie (last edited Feb 03, 2013 02:24PM) (new)

Julie Erin wrote: "Do you only read one book at a time?"

When I was younger, I always read two or three books at a time. Now that I'm older, I really prefer to read only one at a time.

Currently though, I am reading two: Anna Karenina by Tolstoy & The Perfect Hope by Nora Roberts. I don't normally read classics, but I am reading Anna Karenina for a quarterly challenge I am participatng in for another group I belong to.....