♥Books, Coffee, Music & Ireland♥ discussion

Randomosities :D > Apocalypse 2012

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tina (new)

Tina Pisco (goodreadscomtina_pisco) | 23 comments Apocalypse anyone? Just posted my end of the world blog:

http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/...

message 2: by Sophie, The Romantic Moderator :) (new)

Sophie | 2550 comments Mod
They always say the world will end... We are still here... End of.

message 3: by Nicole D. (new)

Nicole D. (thereadingrebel) | 1278 comments If Jesus doesn't know when the world is going to end and Him coming back then I know that the Mayans don't have a clue whatsoever.Plus it says that Jesus will come when no one thinks he will so the world will not end on any day that we the human race think it will.

message 4: by Ciara (new)

Ciara  | 37 comments The world'll end some-time, it has to; but maybe not now.
The sun's life span will run out and without it, we won't survive.

Stephen Hawking has a theory. This is it:

In 3/4 billion years, a giant asteroid containing more radiation the sun will produce in its whole life span, will hit Earth and kill us all.
After that, the sun will (for seperate reasons) die, and expand, sucking planets into it as it goes.

But, he says, there is hope. Anyone heard of Gleter? Well, it's a planet 7x the size of Earth, with the correct atmosphere human beings need. Stephen Hawking believes we can flee there in time.
There's a problem, though; it's too far away. We'd need to make huge, perfectly streamlined, exceptionally fast aircraft.

Perhaps this will never happen, but it's possible. He went into much more detail on his documentary, my description is very... 'brief'. :)

message 5: by Ciara (new)

Ciara  | 37 comments The world'll end some-time, it has to; but maybe not now.
The sun's life span will run out and without it, we won't survive.

Stephen Hawking has a theory. This is it:

In 3/4 billion years, a giant asteroid containing more radiation the sun will produce in its whole life span, will hit Earth and kill us all.
After that, the sun will (for seperate reasons) die, and expand, sucking planets into it as it goes.

But, he says, there is hope. Anyone heard of Gleter? Well, it's a planet 7x the size of Earth, with the correct atmosphere human beings need. Stephen Hawking believes we can flee there in time.
There's a problem, though; it's too far away. We'd need to make huge, perfectly streamlined, exceptionally fast aircraft.

Perhaps this will never happen, but it's possible. He went into much more detail on his documentary, my description is very... 'brief'. :)

message 6: by Ciara (new)

Ciara  | 37 comments Well, everyone, we're still here! The Mayan calendar may have ended, but we're still here!

message 7: by Sophie, The Romantic Moderator :) (new)

On the news here it was like
'And so the end of the world failed to materialise'
LOL

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I just don't get how the myans are so sure that the world will end on a certain date. I mean, no one can or will ever be able to tell that date.

message 9: by Caity, that crazy moderator (new)

Caity | 4434 comments Mod
Soph wrote: "On the news here it was like
'And so the end of the world failed to materialise'
LOL"

LOL SOPH YOU MADE ME DIE LAUGHING!!!

message 10: by Sophie, The Romantic Moderator :) (new)

Lol ;)

message 11: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn (caroheartsbooks) | 897 comments well God says no one knows the time or the hour so OF COURSE these predictions r all wrong....i just wonder how people could b so ignorant to believe it but ya know thats just me

message 12: by Ciara (new)

Ciara  | 37 comments Do you think it is a case of ignorance? I think it could be a case of superstition.
I like to keep an open mind on the subject because the Mayans were an ancient culture and there is no-one who can be certain how accurate there predictions can be, or how they predicted them. Yes, I believe in God; but God created the Mayans, they created the predictions and beliefs.

message 13: by Ciara (new)

Ciara  | 37 comments Typo: THEIR. Autocorrect...yeah, not always 'correct.'

message 14: by Nicole D. (new)

Nicole D. (thereadingrebel) | 1278 comments Caro wrote: "well God says no one knows the time or the hour so OF COURSE these predictions r all wrong....i just wonder how people could b so ignorant to believe it but ya know thats just me"

Yes but not everyone is a Christian and believes what we believe it doesn't make them ignorant.It just means they believe something different.I respect there right to believe these even thought I think it is unrealistic.

message 15: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn (caroheartsbooks) | 897 comments even if they werent christian its illogical...just saying but i shouldnt judge ppl sigh

message 16: by Caity, that crazy moderator (new)

Caity | 4434 comments Mod
♥iLoveBooks♥ wrote: "Caro wrote: "well God says no one knows the time or the hour so OF COURSE these predictions r all wrong....i just wonder how people could b so ignorant to believe it but ya know thats just me"

Agr..."

Yea; I get ya. I agree.
Even if the world did randomly end on a day they predicted it wouldn't be because the MAYANS said so- it would be God's doing...you can't just decide to tell everyone your prediction and it come true... obviously...we've seen that EVERY other time its been "foretold". ;) just sayin. I don't want to push my beliefs on anyone but I'm also not afraid to say that they are my beliefs.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Ciara *I love Harry Potter!* wrote: "Typo: THEIR. Autocorrect...yeah, not always 'correct.'"

HAHAHA rofl!

message 18: by Ciara (new)

Ciara  | 37 comments IKR? :P

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Nicole D. wrote: "Caro wrote: "well God says no one knows the time or the hour so OF COURSE these predictions r all wrong....i just wonder how people could b so ignorant to believe it but ya know thats just me"

Yes..."

Yeah, I agree.

message 20: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn (caroheartsbooks) | 897 comments yup

message 21: by Maggie (new)

Maggie | 317 comments My school paper (that I am News Editor for) Did an entire End of the world issue for the school, here's a link to read some of the stories:

http://my.hsj.org/Schools/Newspaper/tabid/100/newspaperid/4202/view/frontpage/Default.aspx

You should check out the horoscopes, they're pretty awesome :)