Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Archived Challenges > Who's Your Alpha?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 403 (403 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

message 1: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (last edited Dec 30, 2012 12:42PM) (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Who's Your Alpha? Challenge

Duration: One Year From Start Date

Alpha in training = 3 books
AlphaLite = 6 books
AlphaBeta = 9 books
AlphaOne = 12 books

We all love our romance heroes. Some of us go for the Duke who has society in his pocket and gets all turned around by the heroine. Some of us go for the Bad Boy who turns all soft and mushy when his woman is around. But we always want them strong and capable of taking care of the heroine when she needs it.

According to some research on Alpha Heroes that I found here... http://www.likesbooks.com/63.html there are different ways to classify Alpha Heroes. I liked this classification the best:

The Duke: Is defined by his ducal mien. He might be nobility or a CEO, but he is concerned with propriety and correctness. He is orderly and scheduled and a stuffed shirt just waiting to be taken down a peg by a heroine who upsets his plans and schedules.

The Laird: Is defined by his role as a leader. He feels responsible for those in his charge, whether they are a family, a clan, or a ward. The laird generally learns to share his burdens in the course of a romance.

The Golden Boy: Is defined by his perfection. Everything has gone his way in life until a tragedy or event bursts his bubble. He will have to work now for his achievements rather than relying on his golden touch.

The Lone Wolf: Is defined by being alone. He is wounded, and wears his wound as a badge of honor. He prides himself on the fact that he needs no one, only to learn that, of course, he does.

The Warrior: Is defined by his sense of honor. He is a soldier, a spy, an officer of the law. His honor will be tested in the course of a romance, and his loyalties may change as a result.

The Brain: Is defined by his intelligence. He is perhaps an absent-minded professor or a computer nerd. He often pays little or no heed to social conventions or niceties because he is too busy solving or inventing.

The Libertine: Is defined by his wants and desires. He is a hedonist who is ruled by his appetites. He believes he will never be "trapped" by loving a woman, and his sense of honor and responsibility are deeply hidden. He is a rake.

The Black Sheep: Is defined by being bad. He revels in his bad reputation, whether or not it is deserved, and seems determined to live up to it. He lives to defy convention. He is a rogue and possibly outside the law.

The Sorcerer: Is defined by his mystery. There is power in his mystery, and yet, his position is never secure. The sorcerer is a cynic, possibly a charlatan, and considers himself outside of society as a whole. He is also otherworldly.

Here's the Challenge! Find a book that features each of the different types of Alpha Heroes and read it.

Alpha in training = 3 books
AlphaLite = 6 books
AlphaBeta = 9 books
AlphaOne = 12 books (You may repeat heroes in this level)

Example:

The Black Sheep: Lady Luck (Colorado Mountain, #3) by Kristen Ashley

The Duke: When the Duke Returns (Desperate Duchesses, #4) by Eloisa James

The Lone Wolf: Midnight Awakening (Midnight Breed, #3) by Lara Adrian

message 2: by JenniferJ (new)

JenniferJ I'll give er a go and try to find at least 1 for each for now.

Start Date 1/1/13--12/31/13
AlphaBeta Level--9 Books
o/9

The Duke:
Is defined by his ducal mien. He might be nobility or a CEO, but he is concerned with propriety and correctness. He is orderly and scheduled and a stuffed shirt just waiting to be taken down a peg by a heroine who upsets his plans and schedules.

The Laird: Is defined by his role as a leader. He feels responsible for those in his charge, whether they are a family, a clan, or a ward. The laird generally learns to share his burdens in the course of a romance.

The Golden Boy: Is defined by his perfection. Everything has gone his way in life until a tragedy or event bursts his bubble. He will have to work now for his achievements rather than relying on his golden touch.

The Lone Wolf: Is defined by being alone. He is wounded, and wears his wound as a badge of honor. He prides himself on the fact that he needs no one, only to learn that, of course, he does.

The Warrior: Is defined by his sense of honor. He is a soldier, a spy, an officer of the law. His honor will be tested in the course of a romance, and his loyalties may change as a result.

The Brain: Is defined by his intelligence. He is perhaps an absent-minded professor or a computer nerd. He often pays little or no heed to social conventions or niceties because he is too busy solving or inventing.

The Libertine: Is defined by his wants and desires. He is a hedonist who is ruled by his appetites. He believes he will never be "trapped" by loving a woman, and his sense of honor and responsibility are deeply hidden. He is a rake.

The Black Sheep: Is defined by being bad. He revels in his bad reputation, whether or not it is deserved, and seems determined to live up to it. He lives to defy convention. He is a rogue and possibly outside the law.

The Sorcerer: Is defined by his mystery. There is power in his mystery, and yet, his position is never secure. The sorcerer is a cynic, possibly a charlatan, and considers himself outside of society as a whole. He is also otherworldly.

message 3: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'm in and I'll do AlphaOne

message 4: by Gisela, Moderator (new)

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments I'm in!

message 5: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments ShoSho wrote: "I'm in and I'll do AlphaOne"

That sounds dirty!!!hehe

message 6: by Lina (new)

Lina | 5563 comments Lol!

message 7: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments ShoSho wrote: "ShoSho wrote: "I'm in and I'll do AlphaOne"

That sounds dirty!!!hehe"

Hahahaha :D

message 8: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (last edited Apr 25, 2013 07:51AM) (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I'm in! AlphaOne Level for me too :) I'm not sure when I'm starting this though. It'll probably be Feb 1 when I start cause my January reading looks like this month's did.

1/8/13 - 1/7/14

12/12

The Duke: Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione - Eidolon is the head of a hospital and a very "by the rules" type of guy.

The Black Sheep: The Perils of Pleasure by Julie Ann Long - Colin is the bad boy of the family

The Lone Wolf: The Duke And I by Julia Quinn - Simon was neglected as a child by his father and he doesn't want to fall in love,marry or have children cause he want the title to die with him cause of his jerk daddy. That is, until he meets Daphne and falls in love with her.

The Sorcerer: On a Wild Night by Stephanie Laurens - Martin Fulbridge, Earl of Dexter, has lived on the edge of society for the last 10 years due to his family believing he committed a murder. No on in the ton knows where he's been or what he's been doing in that time.

The Libertine: Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLean - Gabriel St.John. Enough said.

The Laird Beyond the Highland Mist by Karen Marie Moning - Hawk is the Laird of the Douglas Clan

The Brain Like No Other Lover by Julie Anne Long - Miles was a scientist who studied insects.

The Warrior No Place to Run by Maya Banks - Sam is special ops guy who's pregnant fling comes to him cause his life (and hers and their baby) is in danger. He doesn't trust her at first, but all works out great in the end'

The Golden Boy An Offer from a Gentleman by Julia Quinn. Benedict was use to getting everything he wanted until he met Sophie. Then he had to try to win her.

The Warrior Highlander Most Wanted by Maya Banks - Bowen is a warrior who's willing to give up his family for the woman he loves.

The Lone Wolf: What Happens in Scotland by Jennifer McQuiston - James has kept himself away from his family for 11 years because of a disagreement. he's made his own way in life, rather than depend on his family, only to realize he needs them for a problem he is facing now.

The Libertine Ruthless by Anne Stuart - Francis Rohan is a libertine if ever there was one! He'd be the King of Libertines ;)

Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione The Perils of Pleasure (Pennyroyal Green, #1) by Julie Anne Long The Duke and I (Bridgertons, #1) by Julia Quinn On a Wild Night (Cynster, #8) by Stephanie Laurens Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake (Love By Numbers #1) by Sarah MacLean Beyond the Highland Mist (Highlander, #1) by Karen Marie Moning Like No Other Lover (Pennyroyal Green, #2) by Julie Anne Long No Place to Run (KGI, #2) by Maya Banks Highlander Most Wanted (The Montgomerys and Armstrongs, #2) by Maya Banks An Offer From a Gentleman (Bridgertons, #3) by Julia Quinn What Happens in Scotland by Jennifer McQuiston Ruthless (The House of Rohan, #1) by Anne Stuart

message 9: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 845 comments Can't resist! Though I'm just going to make it a 3 month challenge.

Duration: 1/1/13 - 3/31/13

Level: AlphaOne 0/12

The Duke: Is defined by his ducal mien. He might be nobility or a CEO, but he is concerned with propriety and correctness. He is orderly and scheduled and a stuffed shirt just waiting to be taken down a peg by a heroine who upsets his plans and schedules.

message 10: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (last edited Dec 19, 2012 06:32PM) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) | 506 comments I'll do one of each too! *wink*

AlphaBeta Level--9 Books
o/9

The Duke:
Is defined by his ducal mien. He might be nobility or a CEO, but he is concerned with propriety and correctness. He is orderly and scheduled and a stuffed shirt just waiting to be taken down a peg by a heroine who upsets his plans and schedules.

message 11: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Dawn (Kat N Hat) wrote: "I'll do one of each too! *wink*
"

I'm going to do more than one of each!lol

message 12: by Lina (last edited Jan 13, 2013 10:09PM) (new)

Lina | 5563 comments ~RLftCI: WHO'S YOUR ALPHA?
Duration: January 2012
Level: Alphabeta

3/9 Completed

The Duke:
The Laird: All About Love by Stephanie Laurens
The Golden Boy:
The Lone Wolf: Skin Deep by Pamela Clare
The Warrior Lover Unbound by J.R. Ward
The Brain:
The Libertine:
The Black Sheep:
The Sorcerer:

Read:
All About Love (Cynster, #6) by Stephanie Laurens Skin Deep (I-Team, #5.5) by Pamela Clare Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #5) by J.R. Ward

message 13: by Susanne (new)

Susanne (bookcrazy47) | 884 comments ShoSho wrote: "Dawn (Kat N Hat) wrote: "I'll do one of each too! *wink*"

I'm going to do more than one of each!lol"

LMBO! I'm in! Who can resist? I'll also do an AlphaOne *wink wink*

message 14: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I'm in! LOL! I'm going for AlphaOne, too.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

This has to be my favorite challenge :D :D

I think I'm going to do AlphaOne quite a number of times this year *naughty grin*

AlphaOne Level--12 Books

The Duke: Is defined by his ducal mien. He might
be nobility or a CEO, but he is concerned with
propriety and correctness. He is orderly and
scheduled and a stuffed shirt just waiting to be
taken down a peg by a heroine who upsets his
plans and schedules.
The Laird: Is defined by his role as a leader. He
feels responsible for those in his charge, whether
they are a family, a clan, or a ward. The laird
generally learns to share his burdens in the course
of a romance.
The Golden Boy: Is defined by his perfection.
Everything has gone his way in life until a tragedy or
event bursts his bubble. He will have to work now
for his achievements rather than relying on his
golden touch.
The Lone Wolf: Is defined by being alone. He is
wounded, and wears his wound as a badge of
honor. He prides himself on the fact that he needs
no one, only to learn that, of course, he does.
The Warrior: Is defined by his sense of honor. He
is a soldier, a spy, an officer of the law. His honor
will be tested in the course of a romance, and his
loyalties may change as a result.
The Brain: Is defined by his intelligence. He is
perhaps an absent-minded professor or a
computer nerd. He often pays little or no heed to
social conventions or niceties because he is too
busy solving or inventing.
The Libertine: Is defined by his wants and desires.
He is a hedonist who is ruled by his appetites. He
believes he will never be "trapped" by loving a
woman, and his sense of honor and responsibility
are deeply hidden. He is a rake.
The Black Sheep: Is defined by being bad. He
revels in his bad reputation, whether or not it is
deserved, and seems determined to live up to it. He
lives to defy convention. He is a rogue and possibly
outside the law.
The Sorcerer: Is defined by his mystery. There is
power in his mystery, and yet, his position is never
secure. The sorcerer is a cynic, possibly a charlatan,
and considers himself outside of society as a whole.
He is also otherworldly.

message 16: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 11 comments I'm in and gonna go all the way ! Alpha One !

message 17: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments welcome to the challenge, everyone! :)

message 18: by Susanne (new)

Susanne (bookcrazy47) | 884 comments Karen wrote: "I think I'm going to do AlphaOne quite a number of times this year *naughty grin*"

LMBO!

message 19: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Karen!

message 20: by Gea (last edited Sep 30, 2013 08:35AM) (new)

Gea (gea89) | 412 comments I'm in, I may upgrade to AlphaOne later, depends on my reading.

Duration: January 1st 2013 - December 31st 2013
Level: AlphaBeta
Completed: 9/9 - DONE

The Duke: The Sherbrooke Bride by Catherine Coulter (14/1) ****
The Laird: Devil in a Kilt by Sue-Ellen Welfonder (22/8) ****
The Golden Boy: After the Night by Linda Howard (23/2) ****
The Lone Wolf: Dragon Actually by G.A. Aiken (8/1) *****
The Warrior: Trace of Fever by Lori Foster (6/2) *****
The Brain: The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie by Jennifer Ashley (18/3) *****
The Libertine: Reaper's Property by Joanna Wylde (25/1) *****
The Black Sheep: The Outlaw and the Lady by Lorraine Heath (9/9) ****
The Sorcerer: Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout (26/1) *****

The Sherbrooke Bride (Brides, #1) by Catherine Coulter Devil in a Kilt (MacKenzie, #1) by Sue-Ellen Welfonder After the Night by Linda Howard Dragon Actually (Dragon Kin, #1) by G.A. Aiken Trace of Fever (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #2) by Lori Foster The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie (Highland Pleasures, #1) by Jennifer Ashley Reaper's Property (Reapers MC, #1) by Joanna Wylde The Outlaw and the Lady (Daughters of Fortune, #1) by Lorraine Heath Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

message 21: by Midu (last edited Dec 23, 2012 11:43PM) (new)

Midu Hadi | 1693 comments The Duke: Mr. Darcy Presents His Bride A Sequel to Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice by Helen Halstead

The Laird: Afterlife (The Undermountain Saga, #2) by Eric Edstrom

The Golden Boy: The Second Prophecy (The Dragdani Prophecies, #1) by R. Alan Ferguson

The Lone Wolf: Half the Blood of Brooklyn (Joe Pitt, #3) by Charlie Huston

The Warrior: Dark Waltz, a Praestani Novel (#1) by A.M. Hargrove

The Brain: The Baptist by Ruby Barnes

The Libertine: The Devil's Fire (Devil's Fire, #1) by Matt Tomerlin

The Black Sheep: The Paths of the Dead (Khaavren Romances, #3 The Viscount of Adrilankha, #1) by Steven Brust

The Sorcerer: Angel Evolution (The Evolution Trilogy, #1) by David Estes

message 22: by Robin (Saturndoo) (last edited Jul 21, 2013 10:54AM) (new)

Robin (Saturndoo) (robinsaturndoo) Who's Your Alpha? Challenge

Duration: December 25,2012-December 24,2013

Level:AlphaOne=12 books (You may repeat heroes in this level)

Books Read:
12/12

1.The Duke
1. Smitten

Smitten by Colleen Coble

2.The Laird
1. Graceling

Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) by Kristin Cashore

3.The Golden Boy
1. The Boy Next Door

The Boy Next Door (Boy, #1) by Meg Cabot

4.The Lone Wolf
1. Wake

Wake (Dream Catcher, #1) by Lisa McMann

5.The Warrior
1. Christmas Haven

Christmas Haven by Hope White

6.The Brain
1. Sugar Daddy

Sugar Daddy (Travises, #1) by Lisa Kleypas

7.The Libertine
1. Blue-Eyed Devil

Blue-Eyed Devil (Travises, #2) by Lisa Kleypas

8.The Black Sheep
1. Hate List

Hate List by Jennifer Brown

9.The Sorcerer
1. Moon Called

Moon Called (Mercy Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs

message 23: by Drz (new)

Drz I'm in for Alpha Beta.

message 24: by Bookcrazy (last edited Dec 25, 2012 03:45PM) (new)

Bookcrazy | 327 comments I'll try to find a lot of alphas (alpha One) , I' m in ☺

Starting: 2013
AlphaOne = 12 books (You may repeat heroes in this level)

1. The Duke:
2. The Laird:
3. The Golden Boy:
4. The Lone Wolf:
5. The Warrior:
6. The Brain:
7. The Libertine:
8. The Black Sheep:
9. The Sorcerer:

message 25: by ❀Tea❀ (last edited Jun 07, 2013 01:10AM) (new)

❀Tea❀ (ttea) | 252 comments Duration: 01.01.2013 - 31.12.2013
Level: AlphaOne

: 12/12

1. The Duke: Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen - 01.04.2013. - ★★★★★
2. The Laird: Highlander Untamed by Monica McCarty - 23.01.13 - ★★★
3. The Golden Boy: The Hawk by Monica McCarty - 09.01.13 - ★★★★
4. The Lone Wolf: The Ranger by Monica McCarty - 09.03.13 - ★★★★
5. The Warrior: Highlander Unmasked by Monica McCarty - 25.01.2013. - ★★★★
6. The Brain: The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie by Jennifer Ashley - 08.02.13 - ★★★★★
7. The Libertine: The Many Sins of Lord Cameron by Jennifer Ashley - 07.06.2013. - ★★★★
8. The Black Sheep: Black Ice by Anne Stuart - 16.01.2013. - ★★★★
9. The Sorcerer: In Bed With the Devil by Lorraine Heath - 27.03.13 - ★★★★
10. The Laird: Highlander Unchained by Monica McCarty - 20.02.13 - ★★★★
11. The Warrior: Surrender in Silk by Susan Mallery - 24.02.13 - ★★★★
12. The Brain Talk Nerdy to Me by Vicki Lewis Thompson - 27.02.2013. - ★★★★

The Hawk (Highland Guard, #2) by Monica McCarty Black Ice (Ice, #1) by Anne Stuart Highlander Untamed (MacLeods of Skye Trilogy, #1) by Monica McCarty Highlander Unmasked (MacLeods of Skye Trilogy, #2) by Monica McCarty The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie (Highland Pleasures, #1) by Jennifer Ashley Highlander Unchained (MacLeods of Skye Trilogy, #3) by Monica McCarty Surrender in Silk by Susan Mallery Talk Nerdy to Me by Vicki Lewis Thompson The Ranger (Highland Guard, #3) by Monica McCarty In Bed With the Devil by Lorraine Heath Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen The Many Sins of Lord Cameron by Jennifer Ashley

message 26: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 1693 comments The Duke: Mr. Darcy Presents His Bride A Sequel to Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice by Helen Halstead

The Golden Boy: The Second Prophecy (The Dragdani Prophecies, #1) by R. Alan Ferguson

The Black Sheep: The Paths of the Dead (Khaavren Romances, #3 The Viscount of Adrilankha, #1) by Steven Brust

message 27: by Susanne (new)

Susanne (bookcrazy47) | 884 comments Here's my list!

RLftCI Who's Your Alpha? Challenge
Duration: 1 January - 31 December 2013

[image error][image error][image error][image error][image error]

Read: 0/12

The Duke
The Laird
The Golden Boy
The Lone Wolf
The Warrior
The Brain
The Libertine
The Black Sheep
The Sorcerer

Bonuses (3)

message 28: by Midu (new)

message 29: by NayNay (last edited Jan 19, 2013 08:47AM) (new)

NayNay I'm In!!

Duration:
One Year From Start Date (start Jan 01/13)

12/12

The Red Queen by Philippa Gregory The Red Queen by Philippa Gregory 01/02/13 ***

You Belong to Me (Romantic Suspense, #12) by Karen Rose You Belong to Me by Karen Rose 01/03/13 *****

The Kingmaker's Daughter (The Cousins' War #4) by Philippa Gregory the Kingmaker's Daughter by Philippa Gregory 01/19/13 ****

Quinn's Undying Rose (Scanguards Vampires #6) by Tina Folsom Quinn's Undying Rose by Tina Folsom 01/04/13 ****

Godiva Unbridled by Jenny Dare Godiva by Jenny Dare 01/03/13 ****

Apart From Love by Uvi Poznansky Apart From Love by Uvi Poznansky 01/05/13 ****

Blue Africa by Therese Stenzel Blue Africa by Therese Stenzel 01/07/13 ****

Lord of Vengeance by Tina St. John Lord of Vengeance by Tina St. John 01/10/13 ****

Heart of the Hunter (Dragon Chalice #1) by Lara Adrian Heart of the Hunter by Lara Adrian 01/14/13 **

message 30: by Lara (last edited Jan 01, 2013 03:13PM) (new)

Lara | 2335 comments Ooh. I'm in too. This one should be fun.

Level:Alpha One
Read: 1/12

1. The Duke: Is defined by his ducal mien. He might be nobility or a CEO, but he is concerned with propriety and correctness. He is orderly and scheduled and a stuffed shirt just waiting to be taken down a peg by a heroine who upsets his plans and schedules.

2. The Laird: Is defined by his role as a leader. He feels responsible for those in his charge, whether they are a family, a clan, or a ward. The laird generally learns to share his burdens in the course of a romance.

3. The Golden Boy: Is defined by his perfection. Everything has gone his way in life until a tragedy or event bursts his bubble. He will have to work now for his achievements rather than relying on his golden touch.

4. The Lone Wolf: Is defined by being alone. He is wounded, and wears his wound as a badge of honor. He prides himself on the fact that he needs no one, only to learn that, of course, he does.

5. The Warrior: Kiss of Midnight 1/1/13

6. The Brain: Is defined by his intelligence. He is perhaps an absent-minded professor or a computer nerd. He often pays little or no heed to social conventions or niceties because he is too busy solving or inventing.

7. The Libertine: Is defined by his wants and desires. He is a hedonist who is ruled by his appetites. He believes he will never be "trapped" by loving a woman, and his sense of honor and responsibility are deeply hidden. He is a rake.

8. The Black Sheep: Is defined by being bad. He revels in his bad reputation, whether or not it is deserved, and seems determined to live up to it. He lives to defy convention. He is a rogue and possibly outside the law.

9. The Sorcerer: Is defined by his mystery. There is power in his mystery, and yet, his position is never secure. The sorcerer is a cynic, possibly a charlatan, and considers himself outside of society as a whole. He is also otherworldly.

Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #1) by Lara Adrian

message 31: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) Sign me up!!!!

Not sure my alpha level yet.

message 32: by Elishia (new)

Elishia | 2620 comments Is The bad boy one of the categories? because its in the examples but not on the list.

message 33: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Well duh, Elishia! I meant to put the Black Sheep. I'll change that. Thanks for pointing it out :)

message 34: by Susanne (new)

Susanne (bookcrazy47) | 884 comments Karen L wrote: "Hi Susanne, The man in the fourth picture reminds me of the man that is on the new "Beauty and the Beast" tv show that is on the CW network-Jay Ryan. Is that him??"

I haven't seen that show but it can't be him. It's a Swedish model named Gavin - hunky right? Lol!

message 35: by Sandy (last edited Feb 16, 2013 01:12PM) (new)

Sandy (sandykuro) | 43 comments I'll give it a go!

~RLftCI: WHO'S YOUR ALPHA?
Duration: 01/01/13 - ??
Level: AlphaBeta (with option to extend for I do love me some men in kilts!
- oh I just had a Homer moment -
men in kilts drooooooooool lol))

5/9 Completed

The Duke:
1. Home For The Holidays by Johanna Lindsey
1. Home For The Holidays by Johanna Lindsey (01/01/13)

The Laird:

The Golden Boy:

The Lone Wolf:
1. One Good Earl Deserves a Lover (The Rules of Scoundrels, #2) by Sarah MacLean
1.One Good Earl Deserves a Lover

The Warrior:
1. His Bonnie Bride (Highland Brides, #1) by Hannah Howell
1.His Bonnie Bride by Hannah Howell

The Brain:

The Libertine:
1. Devil's Bride (Cynster, #1) by Stephanie Laurens 2. A Rake's Vow (Cynster, #2) by Stephanie Laurens
1.Devil's Bride
2.A Rake's Vow

The Black Sheep:
1. The Truth About Lord Stoneville (Hellions of Halstead Hall, #1) by Sabrina Jeffries 2. A Rogue by Any Other Name (The Rules of Scoundrels, #1) by Sarah MacLean
1.The Truth About Lord Stoneville
2.A Rogue by Any Other Name

The Sorcerer:

message 36: by Gisela, Moderator (new)

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments Oh my! Yes, thank you for that pic Sandy!

message 37: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Sandy, that picture is going to be my desktop background as soon as I get home :)

message 38: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Wow Sandy Thank you for the eye candy ¡

message 39: by Lara (new)

Lara | 2335 comments I think they need to make a movie with men in costumes like that. Yum!

message 40: by Lina (new)

Lina | 5563 comments If they did, I'd want to be one of the extras on set!

message 41: by Susanne (new)

Susanne (bookcrazy47) | 884 comments *Fanning myself* I need to find a highlander romance to read asap. Lol!

message 42: by Lara (new)

Lara | 2335 comments Start Date 1/1/13--12/31/13

Read: 2/12

1. The Duke: Is defined by his ducal mien. He might be nobility or a CEO, but he is concerned with propriety and correctness. He is orderly and scheduled and a stuffed shirt just waiting to be taken down a peg by a heroine who upsets his plans and schedules.

2. The Laird: Is defined by his role as a leader. He feels responsible for those in his charge, whether they are a family, a clan, or a ward. The laird generally learns to share his burdens in the course of a romance.

3. The Golden Boy: Is defined by his perfection. Everything has gone his way in life until a tragedy or event bursts his bubble. He will have to work now for his achievements rather than relying on his golden touch.

4. The Lone Wolf: Is defined by being alone. He is wounded, and wears his wound as a badge of honor. He prides himself on the fact that he needs no one, only to learn that, of course, he does.

6. The Brain: Phoenix Rising 1/2/13

7. The Libertine: Is defined by his wants and desires. He is a hedonist who is ruled by his appetites. He believes he will never be "trapped" by loving a woman, and his sense of honor and responsibility are deeply hidden. He is a rake.

8. The Black Sheep: Is defined by being bad. He revels in his bad reputation, whether or not it is deserved, and seems determined to live up to it. He lives to defy convention. He is a rogue and possibly outside the law.

9. The Sorcerer: Is defined by his mystery. There is power in his mystery, and yet, his position is never secure. The sorcerer is a cynic, possibly a charlatan, and considers himself outside of society as a whole. He is also otherworldly.

Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #1) by Lara Adrian Phoenix Rising (Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences #1) by Philippa Ballantine

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Susanne wrote: "*Fanning myself* I need to find a highlander romance to read asap. Lol!"

*dangerous strict voice * finish your dissertation ! Then we will read a Julie Garwood!

message 44: by Lara (new)

Read: 3/12

10. Warrior Claimed 1/3/13

Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #1) by Lara Adrian Phoenix Rising (Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences #1) by Philippa Ballantine Claimed (Brides of the Kindred, #1) by Evangeline Anderson

message 45: by Midu (new)

message 46: by Lara (new)

Read: 5/12

1. The Duke: The Healer's Apprentice 1/4/13

3. The Golden Boy: Beastly 1/5/13

10. Warrior Claimed 1/3/13

Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #1) by Lara Adrian Phoenix Rising (Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences #1) by Philippa Ballantine Claimed (Brides of the Kindred, #1) by Evangeline Anderson The Healer's Apprentice by Melanie Dickerson Beastly (Kendra Chronicles, #1) by Alex Flinn

message 47: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 845 comments Duration: 1/1/13 - 3/31/13

Level: AlphaOne 1/12

The Laird: A Rogue's Proposal 1/4/13 **** stars

The Lone Wolf: Deadly Game

The Warrior: Outlander

The Libertine:

The Black Sheep: The Rake 1/5/13 **** stars

A Rogue's Proposal by Stephanie Laurens The Rake by Mary Jo Putney

message 48: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Are we allowed to move these hunks around? I mean, I re-read The Witch and the Warrior (Warriors, #2) by Karyn Monk , and he could be put under The Laird, or The Laird (if I have to later).

message 49: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Sure, feel free to move them as you need :)

message 50: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Thanks, Susan!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9