Book-a-holics discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Suggestions > January 2013 Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katie (new)

Katie Gianelli (katie094) | 236 comments Mod
Here is where you can nominate the books you'd like to read for ourJanuary read. There is no particular theme this month so go ahead and nominate any book you choose. There will be a poll posted in a week (26th) to choose our book so get your suggestions in by then.

message 2: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylawrites89) I would like to nominate a series!

Tiger's Curse (The Tiger Saga, #1) by Colleen Houck Tiger's Quest (The Tiger Saga, #2) by Colleen Houck Tiger's Voyage (The Tiger Saga, #3) by Colleen Houck Tiger's Destiny (The Tiger Saga, #4) by Colleen Houck

message 3: by janussaouzts (last edited Dec 19, 2012 03:40PM) (new)

janussaouzts (janussa) | 6 comments The Book Thief
Fault in our Stars
City of Bones

message 4: by Katie (new)

Even though I'm the moderator for the group, I'm still going to be reading our monthly books along with you guys =) So I'm going to make a suggestion as well.
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

message 5: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylawrites89) Jane, even if we don't read City of Bones, definitely take the time to read it, that series is awesome.

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) Katie wrote: "Even though I'm the moderator for the group, I'm still going to be reading our monthly books along with you guys =) So I'm going to make a suggestion as well.
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
[bookc..."

just to let you know i'm not suppost to read that.

message 8: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylawrites89) Blueturtles wrote: "just to let you know I'm not suppost to read that."

Just curious Blue, but how come you can't read it?

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) Kayla wrote: "Blueturtles wrote: "just to let you know I'm not suppost to read that."

Just curious Blue, but how come you can't read it?"

it is imapropro

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) Ruth wrote: "The Fellowship of the Ring
The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien"

we need to read The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien first.

message 13: by The Pirate Ghost (new)

The Pirate Ghost (Formerly known as the Curmudgeon) (pirateghost) If I am eligible to Nominate, I'd noninate Monster Hunter International by Larry Correia. It's the start of a great series.

Monster Hunter International (MHI, #1) by Larry Correia

message 14: by Rosario (new)

Rosario (charocaballero) Hello everyone. I have just joined, so I don't know whether I qualify for suggestions or not. If so, someone recommended the following to me and I plan to read it in January 2013: A Lady Cyclist's Guide to Kashgar by Suzanne Joinson.
Cheers!

message 15: by Katie (new)

Charo wrote: "Hello everyone. I have just joined, so I don't know whether I qualify for suggestions or not. If so, someone recommended the following to me and I plan to read it in January 2013: A Lady Cyclist's ..."

Of course you can make a suggestion! =) Welcome to the group. We're glad to have you. Anyone can make a suggestion as long as they are a member.

message 16: by Rosario (new)

Rosario (charocaballero) Thanks!

message 17: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) Hey! Shouldn't we pick a genre first?

message 18: by Katie (new)

Blueturtles wrote: "Hey! Shouldn't we pick a genre first?"

There is no particular genre this month since it is rushed to pick a book. In the handbook telling how this club works, you will see that during the normal picking of the book we will choose a theme or genre. Since we want to get this club started ASAP for the people who have already joined, there is no particular theme this month.

message 19: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) If there is a book about slinderman we need to read it.

message 20: by Lisa S (new)

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) Is there a certain genre you all read? I don't know what to suggest.

message 21: by Katie (new)

Lisa S wrote: "Is there a certain genre you all read? I don't know what to suggest."

Lisa we really don't. Next month we will decide on a certain theme but for January since it's kind of rushed feel free to suggest anything! =D

message 22: by Sarah (last edited Dec 24, 2012 11:41AM) (new)

message 23: by Becky (new)

Becky (rrrjtl) | 81 comments I Hope You Find Me (Find Me, #1) by Trish Marie Dawson Dying To Forget (The Station #1) by Trish Marie Dawson Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë Chasing the Bard (Fey #1) by Philippa Ballantine The Prophecy (Bakkian Chronicles, #1) by Jeffrey M. Poole These are just a few I have on my Kindle now that I've not read yet. I have heard AMAZING things about the first 2.

message 24: by Rosario (new)

Rosario (charocaballero) The first book looks interesting (I have marked it as to read) Jane Eyre is definitely a great read and still 'modern' in many ways. So, good reading!

message 25: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) isn't this closed?

message 26: by Katie (new)

*** This Thread is Now Closed ***

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.