Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Writing Opportunities > The First Annual Abalone Awards

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A.C. (new)

A.C. Mason (acmason) | 17 comments ***Permission to Forward***

The First Annual Abalone Awards

The Cultural, Interracial, and Multicultural Special Interest Chapter of Romance Writers of America is hosting the first annual Abalone Awards.

The Abalone Awards for Published and Unpublished Writers

The purpose of The Abalone Awards contest is to professionally uplift and support writers and recognize outstanding unpublished and published works of writers of Ethno-Cultural Romance.

Abalone
Abalone is a commonly known as an ear shell. They are sea dwellers and water touches all continents. The iridescent nacre that lines the inside of the shell varies in color from silvery white, to pink, red, green -red, deep blues, greens and purples. Abalone is used for food, the shells and as decorative items. Because of its versatility, abundance, fruitfulness, beauty, diversity and spectra of colors the Abalone was chosen to represent our awards.

Entry Fee(s):
CIMRWA members – $15.00,
non-CIMRWA members/RWA members – $20.00,
non-CIMRWA members/non-RWA members – $25.00.

Now accepting entrees until Jan 13, 2013 at midnight PST.

Eligibility
-The Abalone Awards contest is open to all CIMRWA members, RWA members, and the general public.
-Entries are limited to those works with ethno-cultural romance elements. Definition on our website.
-Unpublished: Open to those who have not accepted a publishing offer for, or Self-Published, a work of original fictional narrative prose of 20,000 words or more by Jan 13, 2013.

For more details about the contest (such as full contest rules, score sheets, submission format, entry form etc.) please go to our website at: http://www.cimrwa.org/abalone-awards.....

Thank you,
a.c. Mason
President
CIM Special Interest Chapter of RWA
Weaving tales of love that dissolve barriers

***End Forward***

message 2: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 7314 comments Mod
Hi ac. I'm going to move this to the writing opportunities folder. Thanks!

message 3: by A.C. (new)

A.C. Mason (acmason) | 17 comments Thank you!

message 4: by A.C. (last edited Jan 11, 2013 10:17AM) (new)

A.C. Mason (acmason) | 17 comments ***Permission to Forward***

The First Annual Abalone Awards

for Published and Unpublished Writers

***SUBMISSION DEADLINE EXTENDED***

The Cultural, Interracial, and Multicultural Special Interest Chapter of RWA is pleased to announce we are extending our submission deadline for the first annual Abalone Awards. The purpose of The Abalone Awards contest is to professionally uplift and support writers and recognize outstanding unpublished and published works of writers of Ethno-Cultural Romance.

The submission deadline has been extended to February 17, 2013 at midnight PST.

Entry Fee(s): CIMRWA members – $15.00, RWA members – $20.00, All others – $25.00.

Eligibility
• The Abalone Awards contest is open to all CIMRWA members, RWA members, and the general public.
• Entrants must be 18 years of age by the date of entry.
• Entries are limited to those works with ethno-cultural romance elements as defined below.
• An individual may enter more than one manuscript in the same category, may enter in more than one category, but the same entry may not be entered in more than one category.
• An individual, which includes other pseudonym may NOT enter more than one division. One division (either Published or Unpublished) must be chosen.
• Authors that would meet our definition of published may enter in the unpublished contest
but only in a category they have NOT published in.
• Our definition of published: Those who have not accepted a publishing offer for, or Self-Published, a work of original fictional narrative prose of 20,000 words or more by date the contests' close.

For more details about the contest (such as full contest rules, score sheets, submission format, entry form etc.) please go to our website at: http://www.cimrwa.org/abalone-awards.....

Thank you,
a.c. Mason
President
CIM Special Interest Chapter of RWA
Weaving tales of love that dissolve barriers

Definitions:
Ethno-Cultural Romance: stories that focus primarily on the romantic relationship and revolves around Cultural, Interracial, or Multicultural aspects of the character(s), location(s) or theme(s).

Cultural: of a particular social, ethnic, religious group; character(s), location or theme(s) of a SINGLE CULTURAL
group (such as Native American, African American, Israeli, Hispanic, Iraqi, Irish… and other cultural groups)

Interracial: conducted, involving, or existing between different races. (MORE THAN ONE racial group.) Which includes interracial (character(s)) of multiple ethnic, cultural or religions heritage/ancestry

Multicultural: of MORE THAN ONE culture relating to, consisting of, or participating in the cultures of
different countries, ethnic groups, or religions.

***End Forward***

message 5: by Gynger (new)

Gynger Fyer (gyngerfyer) | 19 comments Thank you A.C. I was bummed when I found out about it a mere three days before the original deadline. I am glad they extended it. Can I forward this to a few other groups or should I go to the RWA site and get it?

Thanks,

Gynger Fyer

message 6: by A.C. (new)

A.C. Mason (acmason) | 17 comments Gynger wrote: "Thank you A.C. I was bummed when I found out about it a mere three days before the original deadline. I am glad they extended it. Can I forward this to a few other groups or should I go to the RWA ..."

Please do! Thank you, Gynger.

Mason