Fans of The Hollows series by Kim Harrison discussion

46 views
So if the ever after shrinks completely...

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) ...then I'm assuming it's gone and all the demons and everything surviving in the ever after die and disappear as well? Is there other significance if it shrinks completely?


message 2: by Zeenat (new)

Zeenat (zeekwon) | 241 comments magic goes away I think.


Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) Ley line magic only right? This would affect a lot of people I know. But what about the demons restricted to that area? If the ever after is gone wouldn't they also be killed off?


message 4: by Zeenat (new)

Zeenat (zeekwon) | 241 comments Well all magic taps into the ever after. Think about at the beginning when Rachel used to do only earth magic, she still had to tap a line. Ley line magic is more direct, whereas earth magic uses life as a conduit--I think. Anyone else verify this? I need to go find the hollows insider...


message 5: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (char_lene) | 3 comments Zeenat wrote: "Well all magic taps into the ever after. Think about at the beginning when Rachel used to do only earth magic, she still had to tap a line. Ley line magic is more direct, whereas earth magic uses l..."
Earth magic gets its strength from ley lines, filtered through plants and animals. Reading the Insider at the moment, lol.


message 6: by Zeenat (new)

Zeenat (zeekwon) | 241 comments right that's what I thought. Couldn't remember the details though LOL.

What about creatures not of the ever after? Like vampires is a virus right? not really "magic"?


message 7: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (char_lene) | 3 comments Zeenat wrote: "right that's what I thought. Couldn't remember the details though LOL.

What about creatures not of the ever after? Like vampires is a virus right? not really "magic"?"


Species origin unknown, but believed to originate in several demon curses. This is for an undead vampire.


message 8: by Cher (new)

Cher (sharpei) | 33 comments Is it really shrinking or is it bleeding into the Earth dimension? Which would lead to what exactly? A blending? Anyone versed on Quantum string theory? Weren't both worlds one at one time? *shrug*


message 9: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 26 comments I think it's bleeding back into reality. But what makes it the Ever After is it being seperate from reality, so if it completely bleeds back in then it ceases to exist and along with it magic.

Do you think that Rachel will solve the Ever After problem in this book? I know this one's called Ever After but the focus of this book is the kidnapping and since we know the focus of book 13 is Ivy's soul then it would seem that book 12 would be fixing the Ever After. If so the Men in Black type people could come back then to try to stop her. It seems to be the kind of thing they'd do.


Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) Jessica wrote: "I think it's bleeding back into reality. But what makes it the Ever After is it being seperate from reality, so if it completely bleeds back in then it ceases to exist and along with it magic.

Do ..."


I could be completely off base here, but Im guessing Ivy does turn in this book and the soul is saved but it's on the back burner because of all the other stuff going on and she will be more of a focus later along with other vamp stuff. Again just a guess, could be far off

I really hope she solves the leaking in the book. I'm tired of that plot angle hanging over the heads of the books and it's a disastrous one.

The kidnapping will be the focus but the kidnapping is tied into fixing the ever after leak, so I'm guessing (hoping) they'll both be resolved this book


back to top