Twilight (The Twilight Saga, #1) Twilight discussion

What do u think of the book/movie,is it a success or flop?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Samira This is not to my liking, I believe that the whole this is a big and utter FLOP! I didn't like the book or movie.

Jeni The entire franchise has made $5,736,100,000 (Yes, that is BILLIONS), worldwide. Technically, that's classified as a success.

As for my personal feelings about it, I'm surprised it did so well. It wasn't the best written literary offering I've read, but it wasn't the worst.

If people like it and they buy it, it's a success, sadly.

Carina Jeni wrote: "The entire franchise has made $5,736,100,000 (Yes, that is BILLIONS), worldwide. Technically, that's classified as a success.

As for my personal feelings about it, I'm surprised it did so well. ..."

I agree. I dislike the series and think the Twilight movie is dreadful (not seen the others so cannot comment) but that aside the series is still a success as it has sold enough books 'to be' made into a movie franchise.

Chelsea Denisse The Twilight movies are maybe the worst book to movie adaptations in a while. Though I am in love with the books. I am going to admit the movies were a guilty pleasure for me but I will say they weren't my favorite movies (Except the last one)

Alison Paley I agree with Jeni - everyone's personal feelings aside (because it seems everyone either LOVES or HATES Twilight books or movies or both!) it would definately be considered a success considering its wide audience and that fact that when you say "Twilight" to anyone (young, old, male, female!) everyone knows you aren't talking about a sunset and you mean a vampire love story! :)

Nuran It's clearly a success. Success = lots of money. That is what this book did, made lots of money.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Money = SUCCESS

Goodness as a novel = lacking....

message 8: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Mademoiselle Catherine le Troll d'Internetz wrote: "Money = SUCCESS

Goodness as a novel = lacking...."

good thing there..

message 9: by Olivia (new)

Olivia how very strange...

Nichola Like it or hate it, the whole franchise is a success on most levels. Given the amount of money it's made I suspect more people are fans of this than are admitting to it otherwise it couldn't have made the money its raking in. For me the books get worse the more you read them but in all fairness, I'm 31, the book wasn't aimed at someone my age. I can see why teenage girls fall in love with it. The films are worth watching if only so you can have an opinion on how bad they were!