Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Dance Party > R2: ♪ Emerald City Readers

Comments Showing 1-50 of 574 (574 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

message 1: by Lina (last edited Jan 02, 2013 09:48PM) (new)

Lina | 5563 comments EMERALD CITY READERS
Captain: Elishia

Players:
Anna
KarenF
Nikita
Mary
Elishia

message 2: by Lina (last edited Dec 20, 2012 10:45PM) (new)

Lina | 5563 comments Team Dance Card

♪ Link to Team Spreadsheet HERE

message 3: by Elishia (new)

Elishia | 2620 comments Yay i'm first here, hello everyone. Not sure what i'm meant to say so i'll just introduce myself ☺.
I'm Elishia 30 and live in London England.

I don't know anybody in this team but seen a few of you on the threads.

message 4: by Anna (new)

Anna Wadlow (awadlow42) | 226 comments Hello Elishia. I am Anna and I am from Missouri. Mary and I were both on the winning team on the last round. Welcome to the game.

message 5: by Anna (new)

Anna Wadlow (awadlow42) | 226 comments We need to decide on a captain and a team name. Some name sugestions: Green Mashers, Emerald Eyes, Go Green...lol. Just some ideas.

message 6: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 752 comments Emerald City Readers? I suck at coming up with names.

I'm Mary and I'm in Massachusetts.

message 7: by Anna (new)

Anna Wadlow (awadlow42) | 226 comments Wizard of Oz....Emerald City Munchkins?

message 8: by Isha (new)

Isha | 170 comments Hi Team! I'm Nikita and I live in New Zealand. This will be my first round playing so I might not be the best person to be the captain but if no one else wants to do it, I'd be willing. I like the name Emerald City Readers.

message 9: by Elishia (new)

Elishia | 2620 comments Hey all, I don't mind being captain if nobody else wants to do it. I haven't been a captain before but played last round and am on here a lot.

I'm rubbish with coming up with names as well, I like the Emerald ones

message 10: by KarenF (new)

KarenF (cleocleveland) | 458 comments Hey everyone! I'm Karen also in Massachusetts and also horrible at naming things. My birthstone is emerald though so I'm good with any of the emerald ones. :)

And I'm good with Elishia being captain. I did it last round so I'd rather not again and I've got a potential business trip mucking up my February. Won't cut in on reading time so much as online time.

message 11: by Elishia (new)

Elishia | 2620 comments Looked online for some songs with green in
Emerald City
greensleeves
The Green Green Grass of Home
Pretty Green
Green eyes
Evergreen

message 12: by Elishia (new)

Elishia | 2620 comments Merry Christmas all

message 13: by Anna (new)

Anna Wadlow (awadlow42) | 226 comments Merry Christmas everyone

message 14: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 752 comments Hey are we going to pick a name?

message 15: by Elishia (new)

Elishia | 2620 comments We all seem to like the Emerald City ones so how about we go with the majority?

Emerald City Readers
or
Emerald City Munchkins

message 16: by Elishia (new)

Elishia | 2620 comments my vote Emerald City Readers

message 17: by Elishia (new)

Elishia | 2620 comments Lol no Mary its not

message 18: by Lina (new)

Lina | 5563 comments LOL Mary, I agree with Elishia, it's not.

message 19: by KarenF (new)

KarenF (cleocleveland) | 458 comments Hey sorry everyone. Between crazy holidays and then a crazy work week I haven't had any goodreads time this week. So I'm just catching up now. Don't worry, it's not usual for me to be this out of touch.

I like Emerald City Readers too. I'm only 5 feet tall so the munchkin thing comes a little too close to childhood taunting that I apparently have not gotten over. :)

Mary - I'm Northeast of you - just outside of Lowell. And man, is it cold out there today! Oh, and Go Pats!

message 20: by Elishia (new)

Elishia | 2620 comments Sorry but that munchkin thing really made ma laugh.

Ok that's 3 of us that have chosen Emerald City Readers

message 21: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 752 comments It's warm here at a whopping 27f degrees.

message 22: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments **shivers**

message 23: by Lina (new)

Lina | 5563 comments I had a little giggle about the munchkin comment too, sorry Karen!

message 24: by Elishia (new)

Elishia | 2620 comments Hi everyone ready to start?

message 25: by Mary C (last edited Jan 03, 2013 10:05AM) (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 752 comments If anyone sees any reason why I couldn't use any of those let me know.

Those are just my go to options incase I don't have anything on the bookshelf that they put up with the song.

message 26: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 752 comments Simply Heaven

I just came across this under the Top 100 romance freebies for Kindle. The word Heaven is the Drops of Jupiter Song lyrics. Just thought I put it up incase it's called and someone can't find anything.

message 27: by Elishia (new)

Elishia | 2620 comments I'm going to look for some now so i'll have a look at yours once i've looked at the lyrics. I was going to wait till its called but it will be late here so I should really be prepared.

message 28: by Elishia (new)

Elishia | 2620 comments Yes that's what i'm thinking.

message 29: by Elishia (new)

Elishia | 2620 comments Mary wrote: "So here is my plan so far on the song options:

Susan: Wanted Dead or Alive by Bon Jovi (1986)
Wanted - Dead or Alive by Amber Scott (title connection)

Gisela: Drops of Jupiter by Train (2..."

Your picks look good to me and this is how i'm linking mine so I hope they're right.

message 30: by Elishia (last edited Jan 04, 2013 03:27AM) (new)

Elishia | 2620 comments First Songs up
Here it is! The first song is now playing.

Week 1: ♬ Battlescars by Guy Sebastian feat. Lupe Fiasco (2012)

POSSIBLE LINKS
Lyrics: Click here.
Video: YouTube Clip here
Shelf: Military Romance
Word: No bonus word this week.

message 31: by Elishia (last edited Feb 27, 2013 09:18PM) (new)

Elishia | 2620 comments Week 1: Books Picked

Elishia - Her Forbidden Hero Year, Plot (Battlescars and PTSD) and Shelf 10 Points Review

Anna -Love In The Falls: Sam & Camden Year 6 Points Review

KarenF -Hell on Wheels Year, Cover (Gun/shooting),Plot and Shelf 12 Points Review

Nikita -The Night Is Mine Year, Cover (Gun/shooting) ,Plot and Shelf 12 Points Review

Mary - Shades of Gray Year, Cover (Gun/shooting), Plot (Battlescars) and Shelf 12 Points Review
Total points 56

Week 2: Books Picked

Elishia - Present Danger Year, Name (Character name), Plot (Neighbours and Obsessed ex)14 Points Review

Anna - Embers of Hope Name (Author and Character name),Cover(Fire) Plot (Neighbours and Moving) -10 Points Review

KarenF - Deception Year 6 Points Review

Nikita - Captive of My Desires Year, Name (Character name), Plot (Obsessed Heroine)14 Points Review

Mary - Present Danger Year, Name (Character name), Plot (Neighbours and Obsessed ex) 14 Points Review
Total points 62

Week 3: Books Picked

Elishia - Intimate Strangers Cover (snow), Name(Author), Setting and Plot 17 Points (includes bonus word Shimmied) Review

Angela - Beauty and the Beast Name(Author), Setting and Plot 14 Points Review

KarenF -Shroud For A NightingaleCover, Year and Name(Author) 13 Points Review

Nikita -Somebody To LoveCover (Beach), Name(Character), Setting and Plot 16 Points Review

Mary - Just One Kiss Cover (Flowers), Name(Author) and Plot 10 Points Review
Total points 74

Week 4 - Books Picked

Elishia - Smokeless FireYear, Cover (Fire and face) ,Plot (Love triangle :-() and Jinn turn into fire, Shelf and Title 16 Points Review

Angela - Smokeless FireYear, Cover (Fire and face) ,Plot (Love triangle and Jinn turn into fire), Shelf and Title 16 Points Review

KarenF -Chasing FireYear, Cover (Fire) ,Plot (Fire)and Title 15 Points Review

Nikita - Angel FireYear, Cover (Fire) ,Plot (Fire-fighter and fire-starter)and Title 16 Points (includes bonus word Bus top) Review

Mary - Chasing FireYear, Cover (Fire) ,Plot (Fire-fighter)and Title 15 Points Review
Total points 82

Week 5 - ♬ Little Talks by Of Monsters and Men (2011)

Elishia - Dragon BoundYear, Cover (Dragon) ,Plot (Quest) and Shelf 13 Points (includes bonus word Stomped) Review

Angela - Tangled TidesYear, Cover (Sea Monster and clouds) ,Plot???, and Title 15 Points Review

KarenF -Grave DanceYear, Plot (Talks to dead) 10 Points (includes bonus word Stomped) Review

Nikita -Dragon BoundYear, Cover (Dragon) ,Plot (Quest) and Shelf 13 Points (includes bonus word Stomped) Review

Mary - Mutineer Setting (Spaceship), Name (Kris), Plot (Rescue) and Cover(Ship) 16 Points Review
Total points 67

Week 6: ♬ I Knew You Were Trouble by Taylor Swift (2012)

Elishia - One True Thing Plot( bad boy), Cover (blond with bangs (fringe)) and Year (12 Points includes bonus word) Review
Angela - Stirring Up Trouble Plot, Title and Year (13 Points) Review
KarenF - Third Grave Dead Ahead Shelf, Year and Plot (10 Points) Review
Nikita -The Siren Shelf, Cover and Year (10 Points includes bonus word) Review
Mary -Valley Of Fire Setting, Name and Plot (15 Points includes bonus word) Review

Elishia - Treachery in Death Year, and Cover 9 Points includes bonus word Review
Angela - Damian's Oracle Year, Plot and Title 13 Points Review
KarenF - Hot Zone Year, Plot and Title 13 Points Review
Nikita - Hot Zone Year, Plot and Title 13 Points Review
Mary - Night of Fire Setting, Plot and Name 14 Points Review

♬ Week 8 Song: Truly Madly Deeply (1997) by Savage Garden

Elishia - Tigerland Cover (Sky) and Plot 6 Points (includes bonus word) Review

Angela -Rapture Cover (Sky and Mountain), Name (Character)and Plot 11 Points (includes bonus word) Review

KarenF -Rescue My Heart Cover (Mountain),Plot and Shelf 7 Points (includes bonus word) Review

Nikita - Rescue My Heart Cover (Mountain),Plot and Shelf 7 Points (includes bonus word) Review

Mary - Night Rhythms (Blaze) Year, Name (character) and Plot 15 Points ( includes bonus word) Review

message 32: by KarenF (new)

KarenF (cleocleveland) | 458 comments I'm going with Hell on Wheels (Black Knights, Inc., #1) by Julie Ann Walker .

Just picked it up for $0.99 and it fits the year (2012) and is on page 2 of the Shelf

message 33: by Anna (last edited Jan 04, 2013 03:48PM) (new)

Anna Wadlow (awadlow42) | 226 comments Week 1: ♬ Battlescars by Guy Sebastian feat. Lupe Fiasco (2012)

I am going to read: Love In The Falls: Sam & Camden

Song Link: Published in 2012

Date Finished: 01/04/13
5/5 Stars

Likes: I enjoyued this book. It gave a surprise ending that I didn't expect. I will be looking for more books from this author.

Dislikes: There was nothing I didn't like about this book, although Camden's mother did tick me off a bit...lol.

message 34: by Elishia (new)

Elishia | 2620 comments KarenF wrote: "I'm going with Hell on Wheels (Black Knights, Inc., #1) by Julie Ann Walker.

Just picked it up for $0.99 and it fits the year (2012) and is on page 2 of the Shelf"

Thanks I almost chose this one as well. The gun links to the lyrics as well so more points.

message 35: by KarenF (new)

KarenF (cleocleveland) | 458 comments Ha! I guess I was too distracted by the hot dude in black & the bike. I didn't even notice the gun. :)

message 36: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 752 comments I was scrollng through the shelf but that's worth only 1 pt. I think my original choice is worth 5 pts, if I'm reading the points thing right. One of the artist's names is Guy and the word Guy is in the title.

A Girl, a Guy, and a Ghost by Patricia Mason

I'm at work and have this book with me on my Kindle. But I don't know how much I'll get read until tonight. I might keep scrolling the shelf though for one that I have that was published in 2012 like the song. That would be worth 7 pts I think. 6 for the year and 1 for being on the shelf. Right?

message 37: by Elishia (new)

Elishia | 2620 comments Haha Karen I didn't at first either.

Yes that's right Mary, that's exactly what I did.

message 38: by Lina (new)

Lina | 5563 comments Mary, I've just checked on the booklink and that book was originally published in 2009, not 2012. So it would only count for the name point.

message 39: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments KarenF wrote: "Ha! I guess I was too distracted by the hot dude in black & the bike. I didn't even notice the gun. :)"

HAHA I didn't notice the gun either

message 40: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 752 comments I know it doesn't qualify for the year. I was saying I was going to look for one that I have that did.

and I found a book worth 9pts.

Shades of Gray (KGI, #6) by Maya Banks

shelf: 1pt
2012: 6pts
Gun on cover: 2pts
Total 9pts.

I'll grab it when I go home for lunch and start it at work if I have time.

message 41: by Lina (new)

Lina | 5563 comments Mary wrote: "I know it doesn't qualify for the year. I was saying I was going to look for one that I have that did.

and I found a book worth 9pts.

Shades of Gray (KGI, #6) by Maya Banks

shelf: 1pt
2012: 6pt..."

Score!! good find Mary!! Sorry for the misunderstanding.

message 42: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 752 comments actually I think it will have a plot link too as this series always has a gun battle of some kind. But I don't know if I can get 12pts for a book or if the max is 10.

message 43: by Anna (new)

Anna Wadlow (awadlow42) | 226 comments Well, I had no idea that we could add up points like that. Now I know to watch for it in the coming weeks. Good thing I took a another look at what you all had posted.

message 44: by Elishia (new)

Elishia | 2620 comments I think the max you can get is 21 because you could hit all the points on the scoring in 1 book ( i'll have to aim for that for at least one book).

Shelf= 1 point - (only the shelf linked under that week's song counts for this)
Cover= 2 points - (item on the cover links to the video clip or lyrics)
Plot= 3 points - (one of the plot points links to the song)
Title= 4 points - (song title and book title have matching key words i.e. not a preposition)
Name= 5 points - (First or last name of author, artist or character matches)
Setting= 6 points - (publishing date matches release date or place matches lyrics)

message 45: by Anna (new)

Anna Wadlow (awadlow42) | 226 comments I understand Elishia, but I thought we could only pick one category. I misunderstood...lol

message 46: by Elishia (new)

Elishia | 2620 comments Lol I wondered about that myself at first.

message 47: by Isha (new)

Isha | 170 comments I'll be reading The night is mine by M. L. Buchman

message 48: by Anna (new)

Anna Wadlow (awadlow42) | 226 comments I'm finished. Updated message #37.

message 49: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 752 comments Well I'm kind of annoyed that I have 100 pages of my book read. I'm annoyed because I had plans to meet my friend at the gym right after work. She texted to say she was running a few minutes late. So I stopped for gas but then I still waited in the parking lot for her for a half an hour. The only reason I waited so long was because I had the book with me and she said she was on her way. She made me wait 15 minutes yesterday. I let her have it when she got there.

If she had just said she was going to be really late then I would have sat at work longer and read in a nice warm office. Or stopped at Costco to get dog food and a couple of other things.

message 50: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Mary wrote: "If she had just said she was going to be really late then I would have sat at work longer and read in a nice warm office. Or stopped at Costco to get dog food and a couple of other things."

I think this is rude, Mary. It isn't like the old days, when you couldn't reach someone. Now everyone has cellphones! It is a very passive-aggressive thing to do. She is saying her time is more important than yours... and that you couldn't possibly be doing anything worth her taking a minute to let you know her change in arrival.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.