The Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword discussion

Announcements > Live chat for brainstorming!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 100 (100 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Samantha The Escapist (last edited Jan 30, 2013 07:42AM) (new)

Samantha The Escapist (greatescapist) | 81 comments Take this link:
https://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?cha...

Choose a name, and hop into the channel if you want to brainstorm ideas or get opinions from other members of the group without having to wait for a post on a thread or a return email.

This channel is brand new though so have some patience, if no one is in the channel but you want to brainstorm take it on yourself to lurk and try to drum up some interest. This could be a fantastic resource for those times when you want answers right away if we can get it to catch on.

Itsy Bitsy Spider had a great idea; post "IN" or "ON" or "ONLINE" or something in the thread when you're in the chat so others know to join in. Then when you leave either delete your comment or post "OFF".

Try not to leave too many outdated posts in the thread though, it'll be up to you guys to tidy up your own posts every once in a while.

message 2: by lafon حمزة, Pensmaster! (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) | 178 comments Mod
Nope. Just type a nickname, and enter.

message 3: by sucre'd fiend (new)

sucre'd fiend (sucredfiend) | 39 comments bout go on!

King☚☠☛ℱα₪ℊ ☄ ℒïካ₭ïᾔ ℘αℜⓀ ♬ *Vampires Rule the (K)Night* Linkin Park ~ Castle (VampireKing) | 18 comments Hey, this doesn't work on the ipad! Any help?

message 5: by lafon حمزة, Pensmaster! (new)

It should though. I mean it works from my iPod. Oh and sometime tomorrow I'm going to clean up this thread. It's an announcement topic, not for chatting, ok?

King☚☠☛ℱα₪ℊ ☄ ℒïካ₭ïᾔ ℘αℜⓀ ♬ *Vampires Rule the (K)Night* Linkin Park ~ Castle (VampireKing) | 18 comments No idea what's wrong :\ Yeah, sure.

message 7: by sucre'd fiend (new)

sucre'd fiend (sucredfiend) | 39 comments Bout to get on

Samantha The Escapist (greatescapist) | 81 comments I'm not certain what it means but it ought to be fine. We don't really utilize the mod powers in there anyway.

message 9: by lafon حمزة, Pensmaster! (last edited Dec 24, 2012 06:31PM) (new)

It's because I registered the channel. Now that room is exclusive to us. It also has the side effect that if I or another operator of the channel isn't in the room the topic won't be set. Fixed this. However no one else will be made an OP.

❄️ Propertea Of Frostea ❄️ Bitter SnoBerry ❄ (berrynumey) Lol, okay Samantha.
Hey to anybody reading this...I'll be online in a few hours...well more actually XD 12 hours from now!
*same spoiler*

King☚☠☛ℱα₪ℊ ☄ ℒïካ₭ïᾔ ℘αℜⓀ ♬ *Vampires Rule the (K)Night* Linkin Park ~ Castle (VampireKing) | 18 comments ✮ Ї'м Йоt Шєїґd, Ї'м Gїftєd ღ ~ Йцмєу ☮ wrote: "Lol, okay Samantha.
Hey to anybody reading this...I'll be online in a few hours...well more actually XD 12 hours from now!
*same spoiler*"

I'll see you in 12 hours. ^^ But for a few minutes only.

King☚☠☛ℱα₪ℊ ☄ ℒïካ₭ïᾔ ℘αℜⓀ ♬ *Vampires Rule the (K)Night* Linkin Park ~ Castle (VampireKing) | 18 comments I've been there past an hour. C'mon there ^^

Samantha The Escapist (greatescapist) | 81 comments My bad, it's been a busy month. I'll get back in there on a regular basis and you can help me start drumming up interest. We have enough people to get a the channel well populated but not without a little effort.

message 15: by ❄️ Propertea Of Frostea ❄️ Bitter SnoBerry ❄ (last edited Jan 17, 2013 11:01PM) (new)

❄️ Propertea Of Frostea ❄️ Bitter SnoBerry ❄ (berrynumey) I haven't been there all week either o.O
Hopefully, next week when my pre-finals are over, I'll check it out XD

message 16: by sucre'd fiend (new)

sucre'd fiend (sucredfiend) | 39 comments Going on in a few minutes; my friend is editing my shit right now

❄️ Propertea Of Frostea ❄️ Bitter SnoBerry ❄ (berrynumey) Samantha The Escapist wrote: "Going in all day while i clean the house -if anyone wants to join me just give me some time to answer you.

Hoping to talk about writing OR some of my latest craft projects. Or my new kitty! She's..."

I'LL TALK ABOUT YOUR KITTYYYYY!!!!! =^.^= I love cats!!!

message 18: by lafon حمزة, Pensmaster! (new)

Nope. Choose any you wish.

message 19: by Stormy (new)

Stormy | 1 comments I am in there today :) Would love to chit chat

King☚☠☛ℱα₪ℊ ☄ ℒïካ₭ïᾔ ℘αℜⓀ ♬ *Vampires Rule the (K)Night* Linkin Park ~ Castle (VampireKing) | 18 comments Heya guys, anyone there today? ^^

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Yah, I'll try to get on when someone says that they'll be on.

Guys, post "ON" when you get on, and "OFF" when you get off, so we people's know when to get on!!

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

That website is blocked on school wifi, so I won't be able to get on while anyone else is on, except for in the middle of the night xP

message 24: by Samantha The Escapist (last edited Jan 30, 2013 05:49AM) (new)

Samantha The Escapist (greatescapist) | 81 comments Well there are people from all time zones on here, even north america itself spans 6 of them so I'm sure you'd be able to go on when someone else is awake.

Oh also I just tend to post that I'm on and then delete the comment when I log out. Speaking of which I'll be on all day at work in an hour or so.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

How many people actually get on that thing?

Samantha The Escapist (greatescapist) | 81 comments Itsy Bitsy Spider wrote: "How many people actually get on that thing?"

I've seen as many as 5 but to be honest a lot of the time it's just one person sitting in there waiting for others to join. Hopefully it'll pick up and get big but that'll only work if people are patient and willing to idle in there and check back once in a while for chatters.

If we can get this established as a spot for goodreads users to go it could be an excellent resource for writers. I'm trying to think of a good way to drum up interest but I don't want to spam other threads unless it's applicable lol.

btw IN now.

❄️ Propertea Of Frostea ❄️ Bitter SnoBerry ❄ (berrynumey) Um...maybe, but I'm not so free to edit anything... :/

Shade's a darker than White (theLoneHue) | 7 comments Nobody is there now.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Or now..

King☚☠☛ℱα₪ℊ ☄ ℒïካ₭ïᾔ ℘αℜⓀ ♬ *Vampires Rule the (K)Night* Linkin Park ~ Castle (VampireKing) | 18 comments Hey guys! Get ON there NOW ^^
I haven't been here in a long time..

❄️ Propertea Of Frostea ❄️ Bitter SnoBerry ❄ (berrynumey) On...seriously. (view spoiler)

Samantha The Escapist (greatescapist) | 81 comments sure

Shade's a darker than White (theLoneHue) | 7 comments Hi, I'm going on now for a few minutes, hoping to catch on some writing :)

message 35: by Purvika (new)

Purvika (frostybells) | 57 comments I think .... All we are doing is saying on but nothing else lol...

❄️ Propertea Of Frostea ❄️ Bitter SnoBerry ❄ (berrynumey) On and ON
I say on and on
I don't mind being a host
But still being fun is a ghost
On a new tab, I'm there
And now to my library to care
I'm sorting it anew
Come on there the few
I'm bored
And boredom is NOT adored

~TheWeirdN

message 37: by Purvika (new)

Purvika (frostybells) | 57 comments That's why I told.... All people do here is say ON .... thts all :p

message 38: by Purvika (last edited Mar 16, 2013 11:37AM) (new)

Purvika (frostybells) | 57 comments I did once ... Sat for 15 Minz then went off :p cuz I was the only one there

message 39: by ❄️ Propertea Of Frostea ❄️ Bitter SnoBerry ❄ (last edited Mar 17, 2013 05:21AM) (new)

❄️ Propertea Of Frostea ❄️ Bitter SnoBerry ❄ (berrynumey) I'll be there...now ON

@Samantha...I've got GTA 4 now XD Just bought it =D

❄️ Propertea Of Frostea ❄️ Bitter SnoBerry ❄ (berrynumey) Guys!! People!! Come on there! I'm too bored -_-
Where are all of you?
@Rose, Fang, lafon, Haku, Samantha...???

King☚☠☛ℱα₪ℊ ☄ ℒïካ₭ïᾔ ℘αℜⓀ ♬ *Vampires Rule the (K)Night* Linkin Park ~ Castle (VampireKing) | 18 comments Hey N, sorry. You know I'm mighty busy..

message 43: by Zack (new)

Zack ?on?

message 44: by Zack (new)

Zack ..kind of defeats the purpose of having an area to express your opinions, just to go somewhere else to discuss opinions. ....offline.

❄️ Propertea Of Frostea ❄️ Bitter SnoBerry ❄ (berrynumey) Well, I can come. It depends on the time though...

message 46: by Zack (new)

Zack eh ..was getting at its easier to just stay on g-reads. more constructive to practice my trolling in the other more populated chat rooms. Was a good idea though.

message 48: by Zack (new)

Zack ok

Samantha The Escapist (greatescapist) | 81 comments okay i know no one has been interested in a while but i could use some brainstorm help if anyone is available to talk! i'm hoping to discuss multiple first person perspectives across a series

Help me! In the room now.

message 50: by Purvika (new)

Purvika (frostybells) | 57 comments Hmmm sigh

« previous 1