Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Dance Party > R2: ♪ The Violet Femmes

Comments Showing 1-50 of 492 (492 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

message 1: by Lina (last edited Feb 25, 2013 02:53AM) (new)

Lina | 5563 comments THE VIOLET FEMMES
Captain: Dawn

Players:
Manvir
Ab2y
Lauren
Alley
Dawn

message 2: by Lina (last edited Jan 06, 2013 02:16PM) (new)

Lina | 5563 comments Team Dance Card

♪ Link to Team Spreadsheet HERE

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) | 506 comments Oh wow, I am 7 hours late and still the first to check in.

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) | 506 comments I am super excited for this to start. I'm a challenge junkie.

I am a stay at home mom in Colorado, USA. I am on GR almost everyday mutiple times a day. I played this game last round. I don't mind being captain, but if someone else wants it feel free to take it it's yours.

As for team names The Violet Femmes jumps to mind as a play off the band name The Violent Femmes. I will probably come up with some more.

message 5: by Dani (new)

Dani | 21 comments Welcome Dawn, nice to meet you... My name is Dani and Im from Missouri.

Im new to this game and cant wait to get started!!

message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Hey team!

I'm Lauren (little mix up with the names - LauraB is actually me, lol!)

I'm from Israel and like Dawn, I played in the last round, which was so much fun. No problem with Dawn being captain and I love the Violet Femmes for a team name.

message 7: by Dani (new)

Dani | 21 comments Nice to meet you lauren..im new to this game...i have no problem with Dawn being Captain either...and the name..the violet femmes..sounds pretty good to me.

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) | 506 comments Hey Dani and Lauren!

Dani, where in Missouri are you at? I've only been in Denver for 2 years, before that I lived in Independence, Missouri.

message 9: by Dani (new)

Dani | 21 comments Oh..well im in central missouri. I lived in missouri my whole life.

message 10: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) | 506 comments I was there for 16 years so it feels like home.

message 11: by Dani (new)

Dani | 21 comments I bet...

message 12: by Bror (Abrar) (new)

Bror (Abrar)  (ab2y) | 136 comments Hey guys sorry i'm late , didn't know we started yet :)
I'm Abrar you can call me Aby , from Sudan , graphic design student , GR is my facebook and whatsapp i'm online almost all the time LOL , my second time playing this game , last time my teammates were really slow (please be fast readers) but i had fun , let's do this - have fun - win it .
Love the name , i don't mind Dawn being the captain .

message 13: by Dani (new)

Dani | 21 comments Nice to meet you Aby..its my first time playing but Im not that slow at reading...I guess...

message 14: by Alley (new)

Alley (alleycatfish) Hi all. I'm Alley from Mississippi, US. First time playing, but I'm looking forward to it!

I'm fine with Dawn as captain, and I dig the name The Violet Femmes.

message 15: by Dani (new)

Dani | 21 comments Nice to meet you Alley..I guess we are the only first timers...Im Dani.

message 16: by Bror (Abrar) (new)

Bror (Abrar)  (ab2y) | 136 comments Dani wrote: "Nice to meet you Aby..its my first time playing but Im not that slow at reading...I guess..."

Nice to meet you Dani :) not to pressure you but last time the winner team , they all read their books and review it the same day the song was announced , that was scary hehe .

message 17: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Hey Ab2y and Alley, great meeting you.
I'm a pretty fast reader - about 3 books a week. My team came 2nd last time, it was great fun. Can't wait to get started.

message 18: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) | 506 comments Of all the team challenges I've been on this is the easies choosing of a name ever.

My team was about 3rd place most weeks last round. We didn't actually finish one of our players was impacted by Huricane Sandy and by the time she got her book finished the game was over. But it was still lots of fun.

I can't promise to finish my book the day it is announced but I will try to get it done as soon as I can. I've got kids so it's not always possible.

message 19: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (last edited Feb 18, 2013 04:37PM) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) | 506 comments Total points: 485

Week 1:♬ Battlescars = 62
Week 2:♬ Laid = 54
Week 3:♬ You've got a Friend = 65
Week 4:♬ Set Fire to the Rain = 79
Week 5:♬ Little Talks by Of Monsters and Men =80
Week 6:♬ I Knew You Were Trouble by Taylor Swift = 87
Week 7:♫ Warzone by The Wanted = 73

message 20: by Alley (new)

Alley (alleycatfish) When are the songs posted? If it's on Fridays, I won't be able to finish it that day. I can most likely have it done the next day though.

message 21: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments Alley wrote: "When are the songs posted? If it's on Fridays, I won't be able to finish it that day. I can most likely have it done the next day though."

Yes, Miss Alley: "Weekly song picks will be announced in this thread on Friday Evenings."

So, not to worry. Plenty of time to get to it on Saturday.

message 22: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) | 506 comments One more week!

message 23: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) | 506 comments Ok, so I know I reserved a post above to track weekly progress, but ShoSho has inspired me to do one post a week instead of one long post, so I am going to claim a few here on the first page to make it easy reference.

message 24: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (last edited Jan 05, 2013 09:15PM) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) | 506 comments Violet Femmes

Week 1: ♬ Battlescars by Guy Sebastian feat. Lupe Fiasco (2012)
Total Team Points for the Week: 62
Team Finish Points: 6
Day 2
Individual Points: 56
Bonus Word Points: 0

Dani: Chasing Nikki♪ Jan 5, 2013 ♫ [Review] ♯ {9 points= Published 2012 and plot link }

Ab2y: The Night Is Mine♪ Jan 4, 2013 ♫ [Review] ♯ {12 Points= Shelf, cover to lyrics, plot to lyrics and 2012 release date}

Lauren: Echoes at Dawn♪ Jan 5, 2013 ♫ [Review] ♯ {12 points= Shelf, cover to lyrics, plot to lyrics and 2012 release date }

Alley: Hell on Wheels♪ Jan 4, 2012 ♫ [Review] ♯ {12 points= Shelf, cover to lyrics, plot to lyrics and 2012 release date}

Dawn: Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet♪ Jan 5, 2013 ♫ [Review] ♯ {11 Points= Plot to lyrics, cover to lyrics and released in 2012}

message 25: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (last edited Jan 17, 2013 07:25AM) (new)

Week 2:♬ Laid by James (1993)
Total Team Points for the Week: 54
Team Finish Points: 3
Individual Points: 51
Bonus Word Points: 0

Dani: 11 average of other player points given

Ab2y: Manhunting ♪ Jan 11, 2013♫ [Review] ♯ {8 Points=Published, Cover}

Lauren: Shadow Dance ♪ Jan 12, 2013 ♫ [Review] ♯ {14 Points= Plot, Published, Name}

Alley: Obsessed ♪ Jan 11, 2013 ♫ [Review] ♯ {11 Points= Cover, Plot, Setting}

Dawn:The Duke Is Mine♪ Jan 12, 2013♫ [Review] ♯ {10 Points= Name, Cover, Plot}

message 26: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (last edited Jan 20, 2013 06:30PM) (new)

Week 3
Song: ♬ You've Got a Friend by James Taylor (1971) ♬
Total Team Points for the Week: 65
Individual Points: 59
Bonus Word Points: 1

Manvir: Holly Lane♪ Jan 19 ♫ [Review] ♯ {12 Point- Shelf, Cover, Plot, Setting}

Ab2y: Reasons I Fell for the Funny Fat Friend ♪ Jan 18 ♫ [Review] ♯ {9 Point- Plot, title,Cover }

Lauren: The Duke Is Mine ♪ Jan 19 ♫ [Review] ♯ {10 Points- Cover, Plot, Name}

Alley: The Angel Experiment ♪ Jan 19 ♫ [Review] ♯ {17 Points- Cover, Plot, Name, Setting Bonus Word}

Dawn: The Ugly Duchess ♪ Jan 19 ♫ [Review] ♯ {11 Points- Name, Shelf, Plot, Cover}

message 27: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (last edited Jan 26, 2013 07:53PM) (new)

Week 4
Song:♬ Set Fire to the Rain by Adele (2011)
Total Team Points for the Week: 79
Individual Points: 71
Bonus Word Points: 2

Manvir: Smokeless Fire♪ Jan 26 ♫ [Review] ♯ {16 points- cover, title, shelf, plot, setting}

Ab2y: Double Clutch ♪ Jan 25 ♫ [Review] ♯ {12 Points- Setting, Plot, Cover, Shelf}

Lauren: Against the Fire♪ Jan 26 ♫ [Review] ♯ {13 Point- Plot, Title, Setting}

Alley: Angel Fire ♪ Jan 25 ♫ [Review] ♯ {16 Points- Setting, Title, Plot, Cover, Bonus}

Dawn: Angel Fire ♪ Jan 25 ♫ [Review] ♯ {16 Points- Setting, Title, Plot, Cover, Bonus}

message 28: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (last edited Feb 05, 2013 05:58PM) (new)

Week 5
Song:♬ Little Talks by Of Monsters and Men (2011) ♬
Total Team Points for the Week: 80
Team Finish Points: 5
Individual Points:72
Bonus Word Points: 3

Manvir: Mind Over Monsters♪ Feb 2 ♫ [Review] ♯ {16 Points= Cover,Plot, Title, Setting, Bonus}

Ab2y: Mind Over Monsters♪ Feb 3 ♫ [Review] ♯ {16 Points= Cover,Plot, Title, Setting, Bonus}

Lauren: Working Stiff♪ Feb 2 ♫ [Review] ♯ {16 Points= Cover, Plot, Name, Setting}

Alley: Mind Over Monsters♪ Feb 2 ♫ [Review] ♯ {16 Points= Cover,Plot, Title, Setting, Bonus}

Dawn: A Million Suns ♪ Feb 1 ♫ [Review] ♯ {11 Points= Setting, Plot, Cover}

message 29: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (last edited Feb 10, 2013 08:24PM) (new)

Week 6 Song:♬ I Knew You Were Trouble by Taylor Swift (2012)

Total Team Points for the Week: 87
Team Finish Points: 5
Individual Points: 77
Bonus Word Points: 5

Manvir: The Trouble With Fate ♪ Feb 10 ♫ [Review] ♯ {14 Points= Plot, title, Setting, Bonus}

Ab2y: My Favorite Mistake ♪ Feb 9 ♫ [Review] ♯ {18 Points= shelf, Plot, Cover, Setting, Name, Bonus}

Lauren: Demon from the Dark ♪ Feb 9 ♫ [Review] ♯ {13 Points= Shelf, Cover, Plot, Setting, Bonus}

Alley: My Favorite Mistake ♪ Feb 8 ♫ [Review] ♯ {18 Points= shelf, Plot, Cover, Setting, Name, Bonus}

Dawn: Trouble with Harry ♪ Feb 8 ♫ [Review] ♯ {19 Points= Setting, Name, Title, Plot bonus}

message 30: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (last edited Feb 18, 2013 04:36PM) (new)

Week 7
Song: ♫ Warzone by The Wanted (2011)
Total Team Points for the Week: 73
Team Finish Points: 4
Individual Points: 68
Bonus Word Points: 1

Manvir: The Fire Wars♪ Feb 16 ♫ [Review] ♯ {12 Points= Setting, Title, Cover}

Ab2y:Once and Again♪ Feb 15 ♫ [Review] ♯ {15 Points= Setting, Name, Plot, Shelf}

Lauren: Once and Again ♪ Feb 15 ♫ [Review] ♯ {15 Points= Setting, Name, Plot, Shelf}

Alley: Once and Again ♪ Feb 15 ♫ [Review] ♯ {15 Points= Setting, Name, Plot, Shelf}

Dawn: Bound by Blood ♪ Feb 18 ♫ [Review] ♯ {12 Points= Setting, Name, bonus}

message 31: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (last edited Feb 24, 2013 06:44AM) (new)

Week 8
Song: ♬ Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Garden (1997) ♬
Total Team Points for the Week: 67
Team Finish Points:5
Individual Points:57
Bonus Word Points:5

Manvir: When in Paris...♪ Feb 23 ♫ [Review] ♯ {10 Points= plot, setting bonus}

Ab2y: Everything and the Moon♪ Feb 23 ♫ [Review] ♯ {13 Points= Shelf,Cover, Plot, Setting, Bonus}

Lauren: Everything and the Moon♪ Feb 23 ♫ [Review] ♯ {13 Points= Shelf,Cover, Plot, Setting, Bonus}

Alley: Everything and the Moon♪ Feb 23 ♫ [Review] ♯ {13 Points= Shelf,Cover, Plot, Setting, Bonus}

Dawn: Everything and the Moon♪ Feb 23 ♫ [Review] ♯ {13 Points= Shelf,Cover, Plot, Setting, Bonus}

message 32: by Lina (new)

Lina | 5563 comments *jaw drops*

Wow Dawn, I'm officially impressed! (I'm unofficially jealous)

message 33: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments :) I'm going to the same thing but I've waiting to claim the first 8 posts of page 2 .I'm crazy like that

message 34: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) That's fantastic Dawn.
Now we just have to wait for the first song to be called :0)

message 35: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) | 506 comments Just saw confrimation our song should be posted between 4-7pm India Standard time. When I converted that it is 3-6 am Friday in Mountain Standard Time. So the book should be posted before I am up in the mornings.

message 36: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) | 506 comments Just want to make sure everyone is up on the scoring:

Scoring: As each player finishes their book for the week, they must rate and and give a minimum-2-sentence review saying what they liked or disliked about the book. You earn individual points depending on the strength of the link between the song and your book. Individual points also add into your team total.
Shelf= 1 point - (only the shelf linked under that week's song counts for this)
Cover= 2 points - (item on the cover links to the video clip or lyrics)
Plot= 3 points - (one of the plot points links to the song)
Title= 4 points - (song title and book title have matching key words i.e. not a preposition)
Name= 5 points - (First or last name of author, artist or character matches)
Setting= 6 points - (publishing date matches release date or place matches lyrics)

So my suggestion is to try to find a book that fits the setting first to maximize our points. You can claim more than one link also. (tip you can sort your to be read list by publish date)

Then the team gets more points the faster we read.

message 37: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) | 506 comments 12 hours to go.

I out of town, I head back tomorrow afternoon. I was hoping that a book I have with me will fit, but I am not having much luck with the songs posted. I am going to keep looking though. I know I have books at home, but what a waste of a 3 hour car ride.

message 38: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Based on my calculations, which may be wrong ;0), the song will be called 12:30 pm my time, which is in 45 minutes.

message 39: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) First song is up!

Week 1: ♬ Battlescars by Guy Sebastian feat. Lupe Fiasco (2012)

POSSIBLE LINKS
Lyrics: Click here.
Video: YouTube Clip here
Shelf: Military Romance
Word: No bonus word this week.

message 40: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) I will read Echoes at Dawn (KGI, #5) by Maya Banks by Maya Banks.

#10 on the Military Romance shelf (1 point)
Gun on cover links to lyrics (2 points)
Published in 2012 (6 points)
Total 9 points

message 41: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) | 506 comments Yay, thanks for posting the links Lauren.

I am off to see what I have with me that fits this one.

message 42: by Alley (new)

Alley (alleycatfish) I'll be reading Hell on Wheels (Black Knights, Inc., #1) by Julie Ann Walker by Julie Ann Walker for 9 points.

Pg 2 of Military Romance shelf - 1 pt
Gun on cover - 2 pts
Published in 2012 - 6 pts

message 43: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) No problem Dawn. It looks like I will be the only one awake when the songs are posted, lol!

message 44: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) | 506 comments Gah, my book selection on hand (even at home) is not matching up to this song at all!

I found a few on my kindle that match 1,2 & 3 but that is still only 6 points. Had one that matched more but it was only 76 pages.

I have to go start packing up for the drive home. I am going to plan on reading Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet (Charley Davidson, #4) by Darynda Jones on the drive. It at least matches the year 2012 for 6 points. I know there is a battle of good and evil so maybe I can match the plot in there somehow too. Personal demons -vs- real demons???

message 45: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) If there is a battle then it should match the plot link to the song and then you would have another 3 points.

message 46: by Bror (Abrar) (new)

Bror (Abrar)  (ab2y) | 136 comments Hey guys , does a mission match a battle and undercover matchs change (They ain't never gonna change)

message 47: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Ab2y, I think you need to ask a moderator so I suggest that you repost your question in the Something to Talk About thread. They are pretty good about getting back to you quickly.

message 48: by Bror (Abrar) (new)

Bror (Abrar)  (ab2y) | 136 comments Lauren wrote: "Ab2y, I think you need to ask a moderator so I suggest that you repost your question in the Something to Talk About thread. They are pretty good about getting back to you quickly."

Thanks Lauren .

message 49: by Dani (last edited Jan 05, 2013 04:33PM) (new)

Dani | 21 comments Week #1 Battlescars by Sebatian Feat Lupe Faisco (2012)

I am going to read
Chasing Nikki (Chasing Nikki, #1) by Lacey Weatherford

Song link published in 2012

message 50: by Bror (Abrar) (new)

Bror (Abrar)  (ab2y) | 136 comments I'll read The Night Is Mine (The Night Stalkers, #1) by M.L. Buchman

Military Romance shelf (1 point)
Gun on cover links to lyrics (2 points)
2012 (6 points)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.