YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Hopeless (Hopeless, #1)
This topic is about Hopeless
335 views
BUDDY READ: Contemporary/Romance > Hopeless by Colleen Hoover - Restarting July 12th 2015

Comments Showing 1-50 of 227 (227 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Feel free to join us!!! =)


Sara Yea! The blurb I read on someone's blog sounded sooo good. Running off to finish Independence so we can get started!


Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments ^Hehe, me too!


Juls (juls1980) | 287 comments ohhhhh meeeeeeeeee!!!!!! i wanna read!!!!! I love Colleen's work!


Jonababez | 2458 comments I want to join too!!!


Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Juls wrote: "ohhhhh meeeeeeeeee!!!!!! i wanna read!!!!! I love Colleen's work!"

Yessssssssss!!!


Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Jona wrote: "I want to join too!!!"

Yay! the more the merrier! =p


message 8: by Novel (last edited Dec 19, 2012 11:34PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments We’ve never had access to the internet, cell phones or even a television because she believes technology is the root of all evil in the world.

what a life! poor Sky.


Sara This is good:-)


Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Sara wrote: "This is good:-)"

I know! i LOVE the humor.


Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments It's a shame that Six isn't with Sky in school but I'm glad she met Breckin. He's funny!


message 12: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara Novel wrote: "It's a shame that Six isn't with Sky in school but I'm glad she met Breckin. He's funny!"

Yep. Love how he dragged her across the lunchroom lol


Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments “Lust is the best of all the deadly sins.”

haha, nice one Six!


Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Oh my...


Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments I'm totally watching The Jerk tonight! hahaha


Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments where are my reading buddies?!? what are your thoughts about the characters???


Dianne Santiago (dcsantiago) | 14 comments OMG Novel! I'm going to read this now! I've waited for so long. And now I'm grinning like an idiot. I'm so excited!


message 18: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara Novel wrote: "where are my reading buddies?!? what are your thoughts about the characters???"

Lol just finished! Loved it. I loved Holder. He had such passion. A few times I worried, but he always pulled through. And Sky. What a road she has traveled. I am glad I figured out the end surprise before it was revealed.


message 19: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara What did happen to the few others that were reading with us?


Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Dianne wrote: "OMG Novel! I'm going to read this now! I've waited for so long. And now I'm grinning like an idiot. I'm so excited!"

YES! read it, the book is awesome!!!


Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Sara wrote: "Novel wrote: "where are my reading buddies?!? what are your thoughts about the characters???"

Lol just finished! Loved it. I loved Holder. He had such passion. A few times I worried, but he always..."


Me too! waaah, it made me love Karen even more. The end justifies the means. She's the most selfless character in the book.


Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Sara wrote: "What did happen to the few others that were reading with us?"

We were too fast, I guess...


Mishma Nixon Can I join too?


message 24: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara Novel wrote: "Sara wrote: "Novel wrote: "where are my reading buddies?!? what are your thoughts about the characters???"

Lol just finished! Loved it. I loved Holder. He had such passion. A few times I worried, ..."


Yes. Incredible. Can't figure out spoiler thing on ipad so beware those not finished spoiler alert!!...but I was kind of disappointed with how it ended with dad. I wanted him punished. But I also am glad because he was so terrible


Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Mishma wrote: "Can I join too?"

sure!!!


Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Sara wrote: "Novel wrote: "Sara wrote: "Novel wrote: "where are my reading buddies?!? what are your thoughts about the characters???"

Lol just finished! Loved it. I loved Holder. He had such passion. A few tim..."


I felt the same way! He's just so evil. I wished we knew Les...and I'm crossing my fingers for a companion novel. I want Six' story badly!


message 27: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara Novel wrote: "Sara wrote: "Novel wrote: "Sara wrote: "Novel wrote: "where are my reading buddies?!? what are your thoughts about the characters???"

Lol just finished! Loved it. I loved Holder. He had such passi..."


Didn't think of that, but yeah her story would be good. Seems she was kind of forgotten.


Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Sara wrote: "Novel wrote: "Sara wrote: "Novel wrote: "Sara wrote: "Novel wrote: "where are my reading buddies?!? what are your thoughts about the characters???"

Lol just finished! Loved it. I loved Holder. He ..."


I think it was done on purpose, hahaha.


Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments The flashbacks was really good! It made me fall in love with the little Holder.


message 30: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara Novel wrote: "The flashbacks was really good! It made me fall in love with the little Holder."

Oh yes. I love all the reasons behind the name Sky.


Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Sara wrote: "Novel wrote: "The flashbacks was really good! It made me fall in love with the little Holder."

Oh yes. I love all the reasons behind the name Sky."


YES! and even the flashback where (view spoiler)


message 32: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara I realized about Karen a little sooner. I don't even know what made it dawn on me. Wish there would have been some journal or something from Les


Dianne Santiago (dcsantiago) | 14 comments Novel wrote: "Dianne wrote: "OMG Novel! I'm going to read this now! I've waited for so long. And now I'm grinning like an idiot. I'm so excited!"

YES! read it, the book is awesome!!!"


wow. you're all finished .. I'm just halfway through.. I really really love Holder.. Their conversations are just funny and sweet!


Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Sara wrote: "I realized about Karen a little sooner. I don't even know what made it dawn on me. Wish there would have been some journal or something from Les"

My initial thoughts about Karen is that (view spoiler) Of course, I was wrong, but the truth sucks! And we didn't even see the punishment John deserves.


Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Dianne wrote: "Novel wrote: "Dianne wrote: "OMG Novel! I'm going to read this now! I've waited for so long. And now I'm grinning like an idiot. I'm so excited!"

YES! read it, the book is awesome!!!"

wow. you're..."


you'll love him even more as you read along. He's there for Sky through good and bad... *sigh* he's just amazing.


Samia Ruponti (snoebell92) | 451 comments you guys finished it??? I just got it!!! :'(


Dianne Santiago (dcsantiago) | 14 comments Novel wrote: "Dianne wrote: "Novel wrote: "Dianne wrote: "OMG Novel! I'm going to read this now! I've waited for so long. And now I'm grinning like an idiot. I'm so excited!"

YES! read it, the book is awesome!!..."


yep! I love that he teases Sky but then he's always by her side comforting her.. he's so sweet..


Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Samia wrote: "you guys finished it??? I just got it!!! :'("

ignore the spoilers, and let's talk when you read it! This book is AMAZING!


Samia Ruponti (snoebell92) | 451 comments Novel wrote: "Samia wrote: "you guys finished it??? I just got it!!! :'("

ignore the spoilers, and let's talk when you read it! This book is AMAZING!"


I think I'll start it at 27th. I have a final that day, so sadly, I'll need to read only my management book till then!

Yes, I'm quite looking forward to talking. this group has become my new addiction! :p


Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Samia wrote: "Novel wrote: "Samia wrote: "you guys finished it??? I just got it!!! :'("

ignore the spoilers, and let's talk when you read it! This book is AMAZING!"

I think I'll start it at 27th. I have a fina..."


yay! good luck on your finals!


Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Hopeless fan made book trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsmHUt...


Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments What the ... ?!? How come I have not read this?!?

http://colleenhoover.com/2012/12/26/t...


Mishma Nixon I'll have to wait until January.I have so much to read right now.


Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments I didn't really read anything above cause I didn't want to read spoilers. I'm still in the beginning. Did anyone think it was inconsistent with her character when she first meets Breckin and it says she like romance books? I mean, she later admits to never feeling butterflies or lust, I'm just saying, that that one thing feels really out of character.


Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Omg! I just read the scene where they are on their first date and he's doing everything but kiss her....totally swooned!


Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Greta wrote: "Omg! I just read the scene where they are on their first date and he's doing everything but kiss her....totally swooned!"

i loved that scene!


Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Ok, I just got to the part where Holder admits to Sky that (view spoiler) It really surprised me!!! i thought he was just going to say he knew about the abuse.


Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Greta wrote: "Ok, I just got to the part where Holder admits to Sky that [spoilers removed] It really surprised me!!! i thought he was just going to say he knew about the abuse."

brace yourself because there are more stuff that will be revealed later.


Samia Ruponti (snoebell92) | 451 comments Okay, I finally finished it after a day of no facebook and goodreads! I have to say, this is a solid book. I hated point of retreat, so I was a little hesitant to start this, but well, you guys made me do it! :P

I liked sky's character. She was reasonably confused. What I felt was, she wasn't reasonably angry. But that's a minor thing, it didn't really affect the story. Holder was pretty good too.

(view spoiler)

And, who names their child seven? Six did absolutely the right thing!!

I'm going to post the full review now in the book's page.


Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments I finished yesterday. I thought this was better than Slammed.

I found myself frustrated with Sky at the end, but I didn't even know if it was fair to be. I don't know how a victim of that kind of abuse usually responds to things. (view spoiler)

I figured out the abuse of both (view spoiler)

Once he actually confessed in front of Holder what he had done. I figured that's how things would happen with her Dad.

People may hate me for saying this but this book was about 10% too long. Also Holder was about 10% too sweet, and I got tired of him blaming himself for everything. Intense and passionate are the perfect ways to describe him. Even though a lot of what he said and did was totally hot, he's just not my ideal book boyfriend.


« previous 1 3 4 5
back to top