The Never War discussion

Blythe > The Field

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter; Tempus, leader of the Earthern Army; Head moderator; (new)

Amir is a ßø≤≤ | 172 comments Mod
This less-than-populated area is a wide open field, great for vacations or free time. Battle is not uncommon here.

message 2: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter; Tempus, leader of the Earthern Army; Head moderator; (new)

Aeter walked across the fields, using the wind to reflect the light around him, making his true form invisible. He pulled out Krios, using its time powers to alter his clothing. He aged his clothes till all of their magical sheen and power was dispersed, and continued to age them untill they were the equivelant of hand-me-down rags. He then made his face more youthful, to his first days, were he looked about fifteen. walking to the shadow of the trees, he came out looking like a normal, 15-year-old farmer boy. He sat down in the field, thinking of how he and his siblings had went different paths.

message 3: by Sage of Souls (new)

Sage of Souls (sageofsouls) | 66 comments *Xirael walked along through the fields, his gaze fixed on the castle and his sword clutched in his hand, then stopped as he noticed a seeming young boy sitting in the middle of the field, and turned and started to approach him, analyzing his being as he drew nearer and realized that there was something more to this person than was visible* "You are not what you appear to be, Human. Your essence seems vaguely...familiar... Do I know you, Human? Or, perhaps, is this the first time we're meeting in the long chain of events that will soon progress through this era?"

message 4: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter; Tempus, leader of the Earthern Army; Head moderator; (new)

"Huh? Oh," Aeter said, jarred from his thoughts. "I doubt it. I'm only now entering manhood, and I am only allowed to venture to the market. If I had met you before, I certainly wouldn't remember you." This was not his first time as a farmer child. "I'm to be trained in the war for good," he said, to start a small conversation with the seemingly powerful angel. It sparked an ancestral memory.
((Your going to have to delete your other post in wasteland, or change the name and make and exit.))

message 5: by Sage of Souls (new)

Sage of Souls (sageofsouls) | 66 comments (( I already changed the name and the exit was already made in the same post. Reread it. ))
"I see. Well, then, if you are truly just a simple child, and one that is supposed to be in training, then why do you sit out here in the open so idly, far from any place you are allowed to be? Unless, of course, your home is near? If you are going to evade my deduction of your being, then you really should do a better job. Why hide? I know who you are, Forgopath. Why not just reveal yourself?"
(( If you don't want me to have Xirael figure out Aeter's true identity so quickly, then I can edit it, but Xirael is an Angelic Sensei Sage who's a Guardian of Time, so he's not going to be so ignorant to another being's true identity or true form. ))

message 6: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter; Tempus, leader of the Earthern Army; Head moderator; (new)

"Forgopath? With all due respect sir, they are but myths," replied Aeter, waving his hand dissmisivley. It wasn't hard to mimic human gestures for a being litteraly as old as the earth. "My training starts next week, so my parents let me have more freedom than usual. But if you do see a strong energy within me, who knows? Maybe I'm a chosen human."

message 7: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter; Tempus, leader of the Earthern Army; Head moderator; (new)

((You can post. And a chosen human is a human who will be left to restart earth))

message 8: by Sage of Souls (new)

Sage of Souls (sageofsouls) | 66 comments (( I got that. Is Aeter a Human or a Forgopath? Because, if he's a Human, I'll need to edit my last post and you'll have to rerespond. ))
"Hmm. Very well, then; continue to deny who you are. Just know that I know more than you think I do. And there's no hiding that particular object you have with you." *Xirael gestured to the being's staff* "Don't take me for a fool, boy--if you are, indeed, truly a boy during this age--I am not as ignorant as you may think I am. Don't think I don't recognize a Weapon of Power when I see it." *He sighed and smiled* "But I digress." *He chuckled a bit and rustled his hair* "You probably are just a simple child who has no clue what's going on." *He turned around and started to continue walking toward the castle* "Alas, if you are truly such an innocent, ignorant child, then I would be enjoying your youth, rather than preparing yourself for knighthood. After all, what good is it going to do you when the world is inevitably going to end in only a short matter of time, hmm." *He stopped and looked over his shoulder* "But you know all about time, don't you? You literally have all the time in the world. Isn't that right?" *He looked straight ahead again* "Ah, but what am I saying? You're just a simple child who knows nothing about the true nature of this war." *He started walking again* "Or the true nature of your own existence for that matter." *He paused briefly* "Oh well. Goodbye!"
(( He's not quite gone, yet, if you want to respond to him, but he is walking say from you and is a little ways off. ))

message 9: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter; Tempus, leader of the Earthern Army; Head moderator; (new)

((Forgopath, but disguised as a human))
"Stop," Aeter said in an assertive voice that froze time itself. Wind picked up, and he floated in front of the Angel. Time resumed. "Yes, I am Forgopath. And this is Krios. But speak of it to no one. I wish to be left alone. I have a task for you, Angel. Xirael, correct? That forewarning part of me is not fully transfered to Krios. Anyway, Go to mount Sidth and Find Tempus. Help him." He waited for an answer.

message 10: by Sage of Souls (new)

Sage of Souls (sageofsouls) | 66 comments (( Alright and ya, I got that. ))
*Xirael continued walking, then stopped shortly after the being yelled out and watched as the world around him turned to a red haze and waited as he floated around in front of him, then looked down at him as the world around him returned to its normal status and smiled* "So, it is not the first time we've met, them. Yes, I am Xirael. Very well, then, Gaudian of Time, Aeter, I shall do this task for you. But I have a question for you first: why should I lend my aid to someone when their time is going to come within a matter of days? What is it, then, that he is in trouble for? You should know that I prefer to gather as much information about a matter as I can before I decide to lend my aid to anyone. As an Angel and a Guardian of Time, myself, I cannot just openly interfere with any event I want. There are rules far older than either of us and even older than Earth, itself, that we both, as Guardians of Time must abide by. But, alas, your kind is more fre than mine, and, thus, you have more freedom and leniency when it comes to dealing with those rules, so you may be more able to aid in events than I can."

message 11: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter; Tempus, leader of the Earthern Army; Head moderator; (new)

"Actually, I don't think we have met. My power when I was whole included forewarning, and this alerted me to your name. As for the other question, it is because You, tempus, and I are all immortal. With my powers, I can easily bend the astral plane to open up portal to another world, and wait for this world to rebirth before coming back. Tempus, my past apprentice, he has a heart made of the astral plane, so he can do the same. And you, my friend, you may also do the same though I do not know how. Needless to say, we all have the ability to come back to this world after it has been reborn. So, we can do work that superceeds this world, and that is why I need you to help him; He is doing work for this world, while I am preparing for the next"

message 12: by Sage of Souls (new)

Sage of Souls (sageofsouls) | 66 comments "And you would ask me, then, to help him save this world? Even if we have not yet met, as you say, you must still know that, as I have just said, I may not go beyond the rules which bind me to my own task and purpose in all lives. I cannot interfere in the destruction of this world; therefore, I cannot help your friend save it. And I also must say that, personally, I would prefer to see this world reborn, so that nature may once again take control of its own home and not fear about being tempered by the beings that would inhabit this would and lead it to ruin. I have seen countless ends of this world and many others, Aeter, and, while it may sadden me to see the end of an era, it also fills me with hope that, since the knowledge of previous eras of a world is not lost, but prolonged through the Chosen of that world, those beings that inhabit a world in the next era may learn from the past and be able to live with nature without having the need to destroy so much of the world before its time. Alas, that has yet to happen for this world, so I must say I have no desire to save this world. Perhaps you should aid him, yourself? After all, if you two are both immortal and can flee this world at will, then why sit here so lazily and allow this planet to come another of its ends? Why not get up and aid him, yourself? After all you have nothing to fear, as you cannot die, and you truly have nothing to lose, since you will see this world anew."

message 13: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter; Tempus, leader of the Earthern Army; Head moderator; (new)

Aeter smiled. "Ah, but you shall not interfere with this world destruction, as Tempus is only trying to stop the Nightmayres from destroying even more natural recources that this world has to offer. And you are trying to protect this world from destruction, yes? And, the fact that I am laizily sitting here thinking of my siblings, well, yes I am. There's nothing else pertaining to my work that I have to do, since I've been doing it for eons. And, I am not helping Tempus because there is a great for stopping me from entering Mount Sidth. I do not know what it is, but I think it might be the red crystals. if that is the case then you will not be blocked, but my siblings and I shall be."

message 14: by Sage of Souls (new)

Sage of Souls (sageofsouls) | 66 comments (( Sorry, I've been busy... And Xirael said he did NOT want to help the world; he said he wanted to see it reborn so that nature can grow and prosper once again without having other beings destroy and desecrate the land. If you want to edit, go ahead. If not, and you're going to keep it as if Aeter heard otherwise, I have a post ready where Xirael's going to start yelling at him. ))

message 15: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter; Tempus, leader of the Earthern Army; Head moderator; (new)

((My bad, I meant nature. oh, well. Ill edit tomorrow ))

message 16: by Sage of Souls (new)

Sage of Souls (sageofsouls) | 66 comments (( No updates. And alright. ))

message 17: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter; Tempus, leader of the Earthern Army; Head moderator; (new)

((I tried to edit, but it would not save. Just go on like I said, "You wish to save nature, yes?"))

message 18: by Sage of Souls (new)

Sage of Souls (sageofsouls) | 66 comments (( Very well, then. ))
*Xirael closed his eyes and sighed, still smiling slightly* "Yes, that is true. That is why I am not going to lend any aid to Humanity. This world must end for nature to be reborn. Therefore, I will not interfere with the fate that has been set upon this world by the forces that have existed before time even began. And now its time has come." *He scowled and opened his eyes* "And I don't very well like taking orders from lesser beings, no matter what their origins are. Your friend is on his own here. I will continue with my role in this event. This world will end just as it has in times before. Now get out of my way!" *He pushed his way around Aeter and continued toward the castle*

message 19: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter; Tempus, leader of the Earthern Army; Head moderator; (new)

He sighed. "Over time, I've learned not to push anything. Very well. But, you know, Tempus is the one being that straggles the fine line between mortal and immortal. He is still very much human, but his lifespan is Immortal. He can be the solution to your nature crisis. His form being mortal allows him to blend in and plant the subliminal ideas of restoring nature, with a little, ah, Angelic persuation." He gave a small glance at the retreating Angel. He slowly walked to his previous spot.

message 20: by Sage of Souls (new)

Sage of Souls (sageofsouls) | 66 comments *Xirael continued toward the castle, responding to Aeter only by means of telepathy* "There are forces beyond even your comprehension, being. All of us are mortal, whether we like it or not. While you may think of immortality as a state where a being is not susceptible to death, true immortality is more than just that. The fact that we can still feel emotions and that there is knowledge that even we do not know, the fact that we have faults within ourselves--this is what makes us mortal. Just know this, Forgopath: no one is perfect, and the future is not carved in stone. Everything that we see in the future is merely one of an infinite amount of possibilities. And, until one of those possibilities comes into fruition, all of them are already happening, and all of them at the same time. Even we Guardians of Time do not truly know what lies ahead in the future. All that we truly know is what is happening now. And what is happening now is that this world is coming to the end of an era. Whether that era is the end of this world's life or the first time in history that it lives past its lifespan, that is yet to be determined. Until one takes its place in what is known as the Primary Timeline, both are happening, even now. That is where we come in, Aeter: we must decide the fate of the future. Your friend's role is to save this world. Mine is to fulfill my part in ending it. You must choose your path, as well. As a Guardian of Time, it is more difficult to clearly see your true ambitions, as it is for you to see mine. But know this: whichever side you choose, until such light is shed on the true outcome of this era, even someone like you are both insignificant in the eyes of time and the very being that can shift the flow of time toward either path. As a Guadiana of Time and a being not bound to the laws set by the laws of Heaven, you must choose wisely your path. For if you choose a path that would shift the tides of time too greatly, you and you alone will be held responsible and it will be your burden to bear. And, as you should know full well, no matter who you are, no matter what power you hold, nothing and no one, not even you, not even me, can change the past. Once the flow of time has passed over that point in time, it is recorded and archived into history. Even if you do change it, it will only break off into a secondary timeline. The Primary Timeline will always exist and will always dominate all other timelines. Because, as you should also know, as well, when the end of time comes, all flows of time will converge into one. And they will always meet in the center timeline, which is the Primary Timeline. You can alter the past all you want, but no matter what you do, those events that happened first, unchanged, will always succeed those inferior tides of time. So make your choice, now, for every action you make today will impact tomorrow, whether it is the way you want it to or not." *He disappeared into the distance*
(( Sorry for the jumbled repition, but I had multiple distractions while typing this on my I-touch and I did not feel like making revisions. ))

message 21: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter; Tempus, leader of the Earthern Army; Head moderator; (new)

"Do you think I don't know this? Krios, the weapon currently in my possetion, proves this. No matter what I do, I never go back to fix it with Krios. It is the only solid connection to the Primary Timeline, and is the only exception to the rule. But I never use it for personal gain or even gain of others. Why? Because I believe that it will interfere with time all together, even if no one's destiny's are set with Krios. The Primary Timeline is the timeline where any changes to anyone past, present, or future, has already taken effect. He sent that message through telepathy.

message 22: by Sage of Souls (new)

Sage of Souls (sageofsouls) | 66 comments (( Xirael's already gone, so he won't reply, but he received it. I'm going to post in the Blythe's city topic tomorrow, if you want someone to meet him there and "redirect" him. ))

message 23: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter; Tempus, leader of the Earthern Army; Head moderator; (new)

Ill wait.