Classics and the Western Canon discussion

Interim Readings > Optional Christmas 2012 Interim Read

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Everyman (new)

Everyman | 7718 comments Since this is a break during the reading of the Divine Comedy, it doesn't call for an official Interim Read. But if some want a little light side reading during the break, I thought it might be fun to read some of Dickens' other Christmas Stories.

Frankly, over the years I've become totally Scrooged out and would be happy never to hear of A Christmas Carol again. So thank you for not mentioning it here!

But Dickens wrote other Christmas Stories which are less familiar. If anybody's interested, try one or several out and see whether you find them worth posting about.

The stories for this optional IR are available here:
http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/1467

Pick whatever format works for you; HTML to read directly on the computer, or one of the ebook formats for whatever device you prefer -- Nook, Kindle, Ipad, or whatever.

message 2: by Nemo (new)

Nemo (nemoslibrary) | 2456 comments Everyman wrote: "Frankly, over the years I've become totally Scrooged out and would be happy never to hear of A Christmas Carol again. So thank you for not mentioning it here!.."

Since you mentioned it already, it's not breaking any rules repeating the performance. :) I may be tired of hearing some of the Christmas songs, but always enjoy watching Alastair Sim as Scrooge year after year.