Crossed (Matched, #2) Crossed discussion

Am I The Only One Who Didn't Like This Book?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 61 (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Cara (new) - rated it 1 star

Cara I couldn't stand Crossed! It was so slow and confusing, I could hardly bear it. Does anyone else feel like this, or am I just crazy?

Sasha I agree. It was a whole lot of nothing. Just a filler to make money.

message 3: by ~*~Princess Nhya~*~ (last edited Dec 19, 2012 07:04AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

~*~Princess Nhya~*~ No, ur not. I thought it completely sucked. And I was ticked about the money and time wasted reading it. I loved the 1st book. But cos of book 2 I'm not in a hurry to read book 3.

message 4: by Nichola (new) - added it

Nichola I wasn't so keen on Matched to be honest but I'm the kind of person where it has to be completely dire for me not to finish the trilogy/series. I have yet to read this but I will do at some point. I don't hold out any hope for me loving it but such is life :)

message 5: by Vee (new) - rated it 1 star

Vee Gretzinger EW I HATE THOSE BOOKS! i decided to read the second one, because i thought...hmm maybe this series will get better. it didn't.

Abbigail Yeh whole series completly sucked! This book was absolutly horrible!

Rachel The first book was good but this book was really boring...

message 8: by Vee (new) - rated it 1 star

Vee Gretzinger Abbigail wrote: "Yeh whole series completly sucked! This book was absolutly horrible!"

i agree! i didn't even like the first one...i just hate not finishing the series. did you read the last one?

Wendy I cannot understand the last part with the map and people's thought, am I just dumb, don't know what society is like?? And I don't like the ending where they departed.

Sophia I thought Matched was okay... A friend of mine said she loved Crossed and Reached, so I thought I'd give them a try... I strongly dis liked them!

message 11: by em (new) - rated it 2 stars

em No You Are Not. I Hated This Book.

Abbigail Vee wrote: "Abbigail wrote: "Yeh whole series completly sucked! This book was absolutly horrible!"

i agree! i didn't even like the first one...i just hate not finishing the series. did you read the last one?"

Yes. I just had to see if it got better. It didn't! Terrible as well!

message 13: by Vee (new) - rated it 1 star

Vee Gretzinger Abbigail wrote: "Vee wrote: "Abbigail wrote: "Yeh whole series completly sucked! This book was absolutly horrible!"

i agree! i didn't even like the first one...i just hate not finishing the series. did you read t..."

neither did i! i don't get the hype about it. everyone at my school was like "you HAVE to read this book!" i read it. hated it. i was like "you people must read horrible books if you thought matched was good" liike come on...

Abbigail Vee wrote: "Abbigail wrote: "Vee wrote: "Abbigail wrote: "Yeh whole series completly sucked! This book was absolutly horrible!"

i agree! i didn't even like the first one...i just hate not finishing the serie..."

IK! Like my whole school is reading it and my best friend read matched and loved it so now I am totally confused!

Carly I was confused because Cassia went after Ky when she was matched with Xander. The whole book confused me and I didn't really like it. I love the series though.

message 16: by Vee (new) - rated it 1 star

Vee Gretzinger Abbigail wrote: "Vee wrote: "Abbigail wrote: "Vee wrote: "Abbigail wrote: "Yeh whole series completly sucked! This book was absolutly horrible!"

i agree! i didn't even like the first one...i just hate not finishi..."

The whole series was dumb and confusing... Waste of my time!

message 17: by Ifrah (last edited Jan 01, 2013 09:25PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ifrah Alia yeah i thought Matched was really slow, it took me a long time to get through it. Crossed was a bit better (and faster) but this isn't one of the better series that I've read. (I still have to read the third book)

message 18: by Kayla (new) - rated it 1 star

Kayla Gallup I actually enjoyed this one somewhat compared to Matched. However, I didn't really like Matched due to reading Delirium by Lauren Oliver (way good). Anyways I do not like this series at all. I think I got maybe 30 pgs into the new book and gave up.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I have hated the series ever since this book. Ky just isn't right for her.

Diana When I really consider it... The only thing that truly bothered me was the character relationships. I felt way too distant from the characters, and yea I mean all of them including Cassia and Ky. I actually ended up really liking Xander, Really liking him. Oh and I hate Indie and really really hope she doesn't end up with Xander or Ky.

Mansi Eh I didn't like the first one, and I'll going completely paranoid if I don't read the rest of the series. Crossed, I saw no improvement really. I really think she should stick to Xander, but I still have yet to read Reached.

message 22: by Lady (new) - rated it 2 stars

Lady Light I kind of liked the first book but then this book came along and crushed my second chance of reading more of this series. I don't even know if I want to keep reading it?!

message 23: by Katie (new) - rated it 1 star

Katie I didn't really like the first book, but I decided to try the second one to see if the series got any better. It didn't. Crossed was an awful book.

message 24: by Vee (new) - rated it 1 star

Vee Gretzinger Katie wrote: "I didn't really like the first book, but I decided to try the second one to see if the series got any better. It didn't. Crossed was an awful book."

YES, THANK YOU! i hated that whole series!

Adelma I did not like this book either. I am having a hard time even starting Reached because it might be a whole lot of nothingness again...

Samari Batista Carebear wrote: "I couldn't stand Crossed! It was so slow and confusing, I could hardly bear it. Does anyone else feel like this, or am I just crazy?"

Yeah...I enjoyed the first one. I read the second one...didn't even finish it.

message 27: by Lady (new) - rated it 2 stars

Lady Light Samari wrote: "Carebear wrote: "I couldn't stand Crossed! It was so slow and confusing, I could hardly bear it. Does anyone else feel like this, or am I just crazy?"

Yeah...I enjoyed the first one. I read the se..."

Finishing the second book, I said to my brother "I'm finally done with this book filled with nothingness. It was a relief that I'm done. :)". Still deciding if I want to read the third book...?

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

I totally agree! I really liked the first one, but Crossed really disappointed me. It was a slow and boring read. Did anyone read the third one and can tell me if it was better than Crossed?

Katia Kelty This book wasn't just a filler, it was almost garbage because it forced me to dislike the series AND the characters, kind of like Mocking Jay did for me at the end of the Hunger Games series... Well, I don't dislike the characters exactly, but I completely lost interest in the romance, and I found myself not caring whether she and Ky were reunited again. Should I try the third book?

Andrea slowly climbing up a mountain....................

Stormy I agree. It...was...SO....sloooow. Not even going to lie, I got a little over half way through, and I couldn't finish it. I kept dozing off while reading it. LOL. Which is sad, because I really loved the first one!

Andrea Then slowly climbing down a mountain............................

Stormy Hope wrote: "Then slowly climbing down a mountain............................"

LOL I am glad I was not the only one that felt this way! haha

message 34: by Yrla (new) - rated it 2 stars

Yrla I thought Matched was good but Crossed was just boring.

Rachel It was a verrrry boring book sadly

message 36: by Martha (last edited Jan 17, 2013 02:16PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Martha Obolo It was boring and not as interesting as the cover and blurb made it look and sound.
As they say, don't judge a book buy its cover.....I surely made that mistake. Same with the first book but much worse....I feel so bad but it is the truth.

Angelica I didn't hate it but I didn't love it either. The first book was good-ish but I felt like it kept getting worse. I didn't like the random POV's in Crossedand Reached that had nothing to do with each other. Also it got kind of weird with the 'skin thing DNA crap' that they found. I was was left thinking 'WTF?'

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

why does everyone hate this book!? i mean i wasn't in love with it i liked it but it wasn't that bad

Iulia Overall... the book was OK but no better than Matched. No action, no climax, nothing. I was pretty disappointed.

Belem the first book was good, the second one was ok,but the third one was not good at all :/ such a waste, the story was good and the end would have been better.

message 41: by LJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

LJ I really like the concept of the matching mishap, and I enjoyed Matched a lot. Crossed felt a bit removed from the matching dilemma, but I think it was meant to be more about their fight against the oppressive political system. It helps expose the system's weak areas, too, though it was slower moving. I'm waiting for Reached to come in the mail.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

yea it kinda sucked

NaKayla i don't know why I'm even going to finish this series. I didn't like so much.

Kelly I read all three books, and i don't see all the hype behind them, i thought they were okay at best.. I really did not think this was an original book, it has a lot of aspects from The Giver, but it just included a love triangle if you can call it that, i never felt there was enough convincing competition between Xander and Ky.

message 45: by Vee (new) - rated it 1 star

Vee Gretzinger I'm with kelly

Steph Reading this feed makes me really glad/relieved that I'm not the only one who is not a fan of the books.

Same goes for feeling obligated to finish reading a series.

Caraline It was sooo slow! I couldn't even enjoy it!!

Kristie Hanley I loved Matched, but didn't like Crossed or Reached

Maria OMG getting thru this one was hell, I LOVED Matched and I loved Reached. I HATED crossed

Maria Oh, reading the other comments STAY with it!!!! The last book is really good!!! I almost gave up too, but I already had it ready on my ereader thing so I kept going, Im glad I did, It was Awesome

« previous 1