Character Audtions > Red Hood aka Jason Todd

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ]-[olden (new)

]-[olden (holden_) | 911 comments Mod
(( "son" is actually h

message 2: by ]-[olden (new)

((Sorry, this app is really difficult to manage))

message 3: by ]-[olden (new)

(( is his son actually Jason?))

message 4: by ]-[olden (new)

Redhood perched in the rafters of the large church. His metallic helmet glinting dully in the light of the hundreds of candles below. He twirled a switchblade between his fingers as he watched. And a gun was strapped to his thigh. He sat patiently, letting the knife spin and flicker in the murky air as the mourns filed in. They trickled in, one by one, and he watched them all uninterestedly, until a tall muscular man in a dark suit walked in. With a flurry of movement he drove the blade deep into the ancient wood of the beam. And muttered under his breath "Wane..."

message 5: by ]-[olden (new)

((Is he in the rafters?))

message 6: by ]-[olden (new)

"Death changes a person" Redhood said quietly "and so does the pit. Why did you come here tonight? Are you lookin for a heart to heart? Or for a fight?"

message 7: by ]-[olden (new)

Jason leapt to his feet "Then talk Dammit! Explain to me why my murder is still breathing! Explain how you could let that sick, hellbent clown kill a boy you consider a son and then not even avenge me! And tell me why YOU weren't the one to put me in the Pit! Why was Ra'sAal Gul the one to bring me back?!"

message 8: by ]-[olden (new)

Jason stared at batman for a moment. Then with out warning lashed out, landing a punishing blow to the bay's right shoulder which knocked him off the narrow beam towards the oblivious mourners below. "You disgust me!" Jason yelled before making his way towards the roof.

message 9: by ]-[olden (new)

Jason reached the roof and drew his pistol. The red haze that simultaneously clouded and sharpened parts of his vision was back, for the third time since he had first experienced it in the pit. The first two times had ended with the deaths of his adversaries. Jason wondered if the same would happen tonight.

message 10: by ]-[olden (new)

Redhood grunted as his hand was hit. But the drew his knife and sprinted towards the bell tower. He knew that as the red vision progressed his senses would sharpened and the darkness would melt away. He just needed to buy some time. ((I'm adding the vision to make him more interesting and more of a threat, assuming it is a side affect of being raised from the dead by the Lazarus Pit. I'm not sure how much we can revamp characters, so let me know))

message 11: by ]-[olden (new)

(Of course, what if the red haze causes his more violent tendencies? So most of the time he is much as he was, but he has sudden fits that turn him into a soulless killer.)

message 12: by ]-[olden (new)

((Oooh, what if,once it starts, the redness gets stronger and stronger until he manages to kill someone? Making him a more dangerous and perceptive opponent the longer it takes? It could raise some interesting moral questions for the good guys, knowing they can defuse him if they just let him kill some one.))

message 13: by ]-[olden (new)

Redhood grunted and smashed his helmet against batman's cowl. Then lashed out with his knife. He was beyond words now, the red was taking over, eliminating all thought processes but those keeping him alive and driving him to kill.

message 14: by ]-[olden (new)

((Oh, sorry, I didn't see that comment))

message 15: by ]-[olden (new)

((I'm going to rewind to the rafters)) Jason's head fell, the chin of his helmet resting against his chest. "I don't know, Bruce, everything is different. I can't control myself sometimes, the pit messed me up, huge chunks of my memory are just gone..."

message 16: by ]-[olden (new)

Jason grasped his forearm with a crushingly strong grip. "Why didn't you kill him?"

message 17: by ]-[olden (new)

"How can that be true?" Jason's metal face lifted to face Batman, his expression masked. "How can your morn a victim with no thought of the killer?"

message 18: by ]-[olden (new)

Jason was silent for a long while. When he did speak it was barely audible. "I won't be rejoining you, Bruce, I have to make my own way now. I have... Some things that I need to work out. I'm not the same and the time I spent working with you no longer feels real." He paused for a minute then stood and walked along the beam towards a rope. "If you are ever in a real jam, just tint the batsignal red. I'll come."

message 19: by ]-[olden (new)

(You sure? Wasn't someone else going to try?

message 20: by ]-[olden (new)

(I would be willing to try)

message 21: by ]-[olden (new)

just an fyi this is what I imagine Redhoods costume to be. http://youtu.be/8lIgC-i6Sbw