Ask Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child- January 8, 2013 discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Ask Douglas & Lincoln!

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Margo (new)

Margo (maothrockmorton) | 2 comments Mod
Welcome to the group! Douglas and Lincoln will be answering questions on Tuesday, January 8, 2013. In the meantime if you have a question for them or just want to introduce yourself feel free to do so in this thread.

message 2: by Monica (new)

Monica T. Rodriguez (monicatrodriguez) Hi,
I've read all the Pendergast books but the latest, Two Graves (looking forward to it!). I'd love to hear how Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child came up with and developed the characters of Agent Pendergast and Detective D'Agosta. Also, will we see more -- and learn more about -- Constance Green?
Okay, I think that's enough for now!

Thanks for doing this!
Monica

message 3: by Rita (last edited Jan 06, 2013 05:33PM) (new)

Rita | 1 comments Hi! I've read all your books and can't wait for Two Graves. I was wondering how much scientific research and travel you get to do, or have done, for your books. Are there any writers from the past who have especially influenced your writing styles? Are you considering any more really scarey books like Reliquary? I agree with Monica, would love to know more about the mysterious Constance. Thanks for doing this!!
Rita

message 4: by Camille (new)

Camille | 1 comments Thank you, thank you so much for many hours of enjoyable reading. Please continue writing for many more years to come.

message 5: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Peranio | 1 comments You guys are the best. Where does your idea's come from?

message 6: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Mclaren | 1 comments I recently read "The Monster of Florence" and was amazed that you (Doug Preston) stayed in Italy as long as you did considering what was happening and, of course, with has happened since then with the Amanda Knox story. Does it amaze you that these types of things still happen and are handled as they are?

message 7: by Karen (new)

Karen | 1 comments I too have read your books for years and I enjoy the Pendergast books immensely. I would like to ask to read about really strong women too. We all like to picture ourselves in our books and seldom do we get to read about main female characters. Please incorporate more fully formed female characters. Thank you for your time and keep up the great work.

message 8: by Elise (new)

Elise | 1 comments I love this series, thank you for creating Special Agent Pendergast! I've started Two Graves and am already hooked. Just one question though - what about Viola?! Am I the only one out there who deep down hopes that Pendergast ends up with her (despite the arrival of Helen) and why has Viola only made an appearance in one book? Please tell me she will be a returning character. Other than that I just want to say thank you and I hope you're already writing the next one.

message 9: by Carrie (new)

Carrie P (ilavalavamylibrary) Do you two collaborate together online? Go to each other's houses to brainstorm? Does one focus on Pendergast's character/storyline & the other on D'Agosta? How do you say to the other "Your idea sucks" (hopefully not :)? You two make me think of another author tag-team (mother/daughter who go by the pseudonym PJ Tracy, I think they live in separate states but work together through the magic of Internet). Love your series, thanks so much!

message 10: by Alison (new)

Alison McDonough (AlisonMcD) | 1 comments Thank you so much for your amazing books, both individually and together! I'm especially fond of the Pendergast series and I just finished Two Graves in 1 day! Loved it! Is there anything Pendergast can't do? I love how he surprises me and gets out of the stickiest situations when I'm thinking, "No way. How can he possibly get out of this?" Maybe he needs to ride a horse like you, Douglas? Do you have horses of your own?

message 11: by Lexie (new)

Lexie Foster | 1 comments I love your books. I too have read all but "Two Graves". I have been wondering if there has ever been talk of making one of the Pendergast books into a movie? I know movies don't do the book justice, but it's fun to see the characters on screen.

message 12: by Margo (new)

Margo (maothrockmorton) | 2 comments Mod
Hello everyone!

Sorry for the confusion but Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child will be answering questions in this thread today- http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1.... Please ask your questions there!

Sorry about that!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.

Ask Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child- January 8,...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Two Graves (other topics)