YA Writers and Readers discussion

Legend (Legend, #1)
This topic is about Legend
Buddy Reads > Legend by Marie Luu

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Morgan | 1315 comments Mod
We're starting this book today. And since it doesn't go by chapters then we'll be reading 50-60 pages a day and go to the newest point of view. Hopefully that makes sense, and if you have the book feel free to join in the discussion :)

message 2: by Morgan (last edited Dec 19, 2012 04:18PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

On page 60. It's really good. I really don't know how I feel about the alternating points of view. I mean I know to much. June wants to kill Day and Day killed her brother so obviously when they meat up and 'fall in love' there's going to be lots of lies. I really like it in Days point of view. I mean June doesn't seem to have seen the real world in this society whilst he has. Anyways going to read more :)

Anna (amartinischwob) | 146 comments I know I was thinking the same thing. I'm on page 135. I really like though how intricate and detailed June's thought process is though, how she can find all of those tiny details about people, places or things, I love it when she's trying to figure something out, but at the same time, it does feel like we know too much, because of that. I've had this feeling of dread in my stomach since Metias died, because you knew what would happen. I feel like I'm in this dreadful waiting game and I can't tell if I like it yet or not!

Anna (amartinischwob) | 146 comments So I finished this book last night. It was okay but I will wait to discuss until you finish it. Once I got into it, I couldn't stop, it wasn't fantastic but it was a good read :)

message 5: by Morgan (last edited Dec 23, 2012 02:42PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Just finished it a while ago and although it feels like many questions have been answered I still have so many! I felt as if I knew that Day didn't kill her brother, especially once he said he hit him in the shoulder. I don't know exactly why but I instantly though of Thomas I mean suddenly he's the new captian and then we learned the whole story about their parents and how they were killed ): I also feel really bad for Day practically all of his family died for him, and I really hope he saves Eden. I really liked the story about the Pendant i feel like that gives hope. Can't wait for the second book. And I most agree it was good but not the absolute best.