Sword & Cross Reform School discussion

Main Building(s) > Mess Hall

Comments Showing 1-50 of 77 (77 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

The food is gross, get used to it. You eat all your meals here, unless you have a stash in your room. Think old-style high school cafeteria.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Iz followed in with the others and sank down into a chair nearby.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Jonni went straight to the kitchen part to pick up his food after setting his bag down at the table that Iz took.

message 4: by B L Jones (new)

B L Jones (bljonesbooks) | 419 comments Cas sits by Iz, the food was never good here.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Iz didn't bother going to get anything to eat. Food wasn't really her favourite thing.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Jonni piles his tray high with chicken nuggets and cafeteria rolls, gets BBQ sauce and slides in a chair near them, opening his milk and sipping.

message 7: by B L Jones (new)

B L Jones (bljonesbooks) | 419 comments Cas says 'I cant eat this crap even though im starving'.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

"You actually eat the stuff here?" she laughed in disbelief.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Jonni shrugs, "I'm a growing boy. You get used to it..."

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

She rolled her eyes and pulled her knees tight up to her chest, hugging them and putting her chin on her knees.

message 11: by B L Jones (new)

B L Jones (bljonesbooks) | 419 comments Cas laughs, 'a growing boy? i cant get used to it' she says.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

"I am growing! And well you're not a guy, so I wouldn't expect you to understand. I think our stomaches world differently or something...." Jonni trails off at the end, in thought.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Iz grinned. "You can say that again," she laughed.

message 14: by B L Jones (new)

B L Jones (bljonesbooks) | 419 comments Cas rolls her eyes 'yeah you lot are mad' she says.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

"No shit, why else are we here?"

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

"What she said." Jonni said through his full mouth.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

She caught his eye and smiled a little, chewing on the end of her pen once more.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Jonni holds out a nugget slathered in sauce, "Are you sure you're not hungry?" He waves it in front of her.

message 19: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 20, 2012 01:35PM) (new)

She pulled a face. "Definitely sure. Me and food don't go."

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Jonni laughed and stuck it in his mouth.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

She rolled her eyes, muttering something along the lines of, "Like a true boy..." under her breath, glancing at him before turning shyly back to the page.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Jonni thinks about trying to catch a peek of her book again but decides he will later. Instead he reaches for his second milk and drinks up.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Her eyes take that distant look when she's writing and she only occasionally looked up when she was searching for a word. At one point her eyes fell on Jonni and she immediately looked back down.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

((Gtg. Be on in say an hour and a half? If I don't talk to ya then, ttyl.))

Jonni sighs and finishes his food, going to dump it after all that was left was trash.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

((Sure thing, probably will be on, insomnia))

In the end she just threw the book down on the table with a sigh, too frustrated to write.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Jonni jumped, "Are you okay?"

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

She rubbed her forehead. "Yeah... yeah, I'm fine."

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

He raised his eyebrows, "Okay, if you say so..."

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

She kicked the table leg and pinched her eyes shut. "Yeah, okay, maybe I'm not. I might need to go cool down."

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Jonni kept his eyes in her. "What's wrong?"

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

"It's fine, I'm just kicking off..." she muttered, eyes falling on the open page of her book on the table, before looking angrily away.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Jonni leans down and hands it to her. "Keep it, you might regret throwing it away later."

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Iz breathed out and took the book with careful hands, like she didn't trust herself not to chuck it. "Thanks.." she said softly, glancing at him and then looking away with a slight blush.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Jonni nods and says, "Anytime." He leans back and pulls a lollipop out of his pocket to suck on.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Picking up her pen, she turned thoughtfully back to the page she had been on and began to cull bits.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

((What does that mean?))

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

((When you cull your writing, you cross bits out and scrap some of it))

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

((Oh okay, gotchya.))

Jonni observes silently, a small smile plastered onto his face.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

As she tapped the pen on the page, she looked up to see his smile. "What?"

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Jonni shrugged, "Thinking."

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

"About?" she asked, eyes on the page, playing with her bracelet and rolling the pen up and down the paper.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

"Lots of things... This place, what I'm gonna do when I can leave, how the hell I ended up here..."

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

"How did you end up here?" she asked curiously, flicking the pen in the air.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Jonni shrugs, "Nobody wants me, my parents are dead. And I'm a bad kid. Court sent me and I'm stuck until I turn 18."

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

She paused and looked up at him. "Sorry about your parents," she said quietly to him, and meaning it.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Jonni nods but sighs, "It's too late now to get them back, but somebody's gonna pay." His eyes narrow and some of the craziness that landed him there started to show.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Iz could hear the menace in his voice. She completely got it. And plus, up till now he had looked pretty normal. Something must have headed him in the direction of Sword and Cross.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Jonni bit his lip and took a deep breath, trying to pull himself together. He knew the best way to do it was to bide his time.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

"So if you're, like, some kind of, ya know, secret mad revenge seeker, how comes you haven't been wired up?" she mused, nodding to the electric bracelets.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

"I try to be a realitvily good kid. They took if off when it seemed I was compliant." Jonni said reasonably.

« previous 1