Romance, Historical or Otherwise discussion

Books Like??? > Something super steamy...

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie Elle (new)

Angie Elle (angieelle) | 602 comments I'm looking for a really good read with some super steamy lovin'. Something with some substance. I feel lately like I'm getting either a really good plot or really steamy sex scenes. I'm greedy--I want both!

Any suggestions?

message 2: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Dec 18, 2012 01:44PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Genre specification?

And by plot, do you mean plot or story other than the romance itself, so it's more of a general book with a few good sex scenes? Or do you mean a story that's more of an equal balance of romance and sex?

I think it's hard to find many contemps that have much of a plot outside of the romance itself, unless you bring in mystery or suspense or something. Other genres might have more options.

message 3: by Angie Elle (new)

Angie Elle (angieelle) | 602 comments Stacia (the hype killer) wrote: "Genre specification?

And by plot, do you mean plot or story other than the romance itself, so it's more of a general book with a few good sex scenes? Or do you mean a story that's more of an equa..."

Mystery and suspense would be fine. I just want some romance and steam in it. It doesn't have to be classified as a romance novel.

message 4: by Angie Elle (new)

Angie Elle (angieelle) | 602 comments I haven't read any of those. I will check them out. Thank you!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Dammit, ignore my post.

I went back and looked at your requirements and none of those are super steamy. I was thinking you wanted more of a balance and then just now looked at the title again.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Back to the drawing board...

message 7: by Angie Elle (new)

Angie Elle (angieelle) | 602 comments Stacia (the hype killer) wrote: "Back to the drawing board..."

LOL...too late. I already bought Wild Enounter. It looks good!

message 8: by Jessica (last edited Dec 18, 2012 03:26PM) (new)

Jessica (jesicca) | 5 comments Hi! I was looking for the recommendations but they were not listed here. Is there a post missing?

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I did because afterward I realized that I misunderstood what she was asking for, so those books didn't really apply to what she wanted. It was my mistake.

message 10: by Kay (new)

Kay (calikay) | 1216 comments Here are some eroticas that I liked which will fulfill the STEAM department
The Unidentified Redhead (Redhead, #1) by Alice Clayton Humorous erotica!
Backstage Pass (Sinners on Tour #1) by Olivia Cunning Rockstars!
Comfort Food by Kitty Thomas BDSM people have mixed feelings about this one but I enjoyed it
Damaged Goods by Lauren Gallagher Contemporary erotica
Dirty by Megan Hart Contemporary erotica...also mixed feelings from people.

message 11: by Kay (new)

Kay (calikay) | 1216 comments Also, my fave british romance novel Unsticky by Sarra Manning which has quite a bit of steam but isn't erotica. It's like a modern day Pretty Woman.

message 12: by Leea (new)

Leea Oh, all good suggestions Kay! I second those except Dirty, haven't read it yet.

message 13: by Angie Elle (new)

Angie Elle (angieelle) | 602 comments Kay wrote: "Here are some eroticas that I liked which will fulfill the STEAM department
The Unidentified Redhead (Redhead, #1) by Alice Clayton Humorous erotica!
Backstage Pass (Sinners on Tour #1) by Olivia Cunning Rockstars!
[bookcover:C..."

Thanks, Kay! I bought Backstage Pass. I'll have to give that one a go. I do love me a hot rock star!

message 14: by Kay (new)

Kay (calikay) | 1216 comments Let us know how you like it!

message 15: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jesicca) | 5 comments Weird, my post didn't take.

They are all on my to read list, Thanks!!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) See, that's where I'm confused. She said super steamy in the title, but then in the first post said she wanted something that wasn't only steamy sex, so I figured I'd steer clear of the erotic recs.

message 17: by Kay (new)

Kay (calikay) | 1216 comments Hahha...Stacia. I wasn't too sure either but decided to throw in some eroticas that has more substance than others.

message 18: by Angie Elle (last edited Dec 23, 2012 07:31AM) (new)

Angie Elle (angieelle) | 602 comments I don't mind the Erotica if it has a plot to go along with it. I just don't want straight up Erotica. Not right now, anyway. But I reserve the right to change my mind. LOL

message 19: by Kay (new)

Kay (calikay) | 1216 comments Have you read the Travis Series by Lisa Kleypas? The first book is Sugar Daddy (Travises, #1) by Lisa Kleypas .

One Reckless Summer (Destiny, #1) by Toni Blake The SEX in this one starts off with a BANG!

message 20: by Leea (new)

Leea Yes it does!!! Outdoor sex = hotness!

What about,

Playing for Keeps (A Neighbor from Hell, #1) by R.L. Mathewson - lots of love and funny food jokes ;)

Talk Me Down (Tumble Creek, #1) by Victoria Dahl - steamy and sweet!

message 21: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Oh my goodness Toni Blake writes some good sex scenes.

message 22: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Angie wrote: "Stacia (the hype killer) wrote: "Genre specification?

And by plot, do you mean plot or story other than the romance itself, so it's more of a general book with a few good sex scenes? Or do you me..."

Have you read the Fever series by Moning? Now that has STEAM!!

message 23: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) I agree with the Travis series rec by Lisa Kleypas, but I think you have read that Angie? If not, definitely give it a try.

message 24: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Another one with good steam is but it is a sloooowwwwww build (like a 5 book build) is the Mercy Thompson series:
Moon Called (Mercedes Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs

message 25: by Angie Elle (new)

Angie Elle (angieelle) | 602 comments I haven't ready any of these. I'm excited to give them a go!

Thank you for the recommendations, gals! :)