TV We've Just Watched discussion

Cancelled/Series Ended > Survivor Caramoan: Fans vs. Favorites

Comments Showing 1-50 of 202 (202 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) Here's a list of the "favorites" cast. Ugh, Corinne and Phillip!

Erik Reichenbach, Survivor Micronesia
Corinne Kaplan, Survivor Gabon
Brenda Lowe, Survivor Nicaragua
Andrea Boehlke, Survivor Redemption Island
Francesca Hogi, Survivor Redemption Island
Phillip Sheppard, Survivor Redemption Island
John Cochran, Survivor South Pacific
Brandon Hantz, Survivor South Pacific
Dawn Meehan, Survivor South Pacific
Malcolm Freberg, Survivor Philippines

http://www.realityblurred.com/reality...

message 2: by Eileen (new)

Eileen At least they'll be mixed and not on separate tribes, it might make it more interesting.

Let's just hope it's not a Cara-"moan" of season.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. : o )

message 3: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) LOL. I'm sure I'll be doin' some moanin'...aaaaand bitchin'.

message 4: by Eileen (new)

Eileen Tonight starts the new season!

message 5: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) So excited!

message 6: by Eileen (new)

Eileen Me, too!

I forgot all about it. Just saw a commercial for the show, otherwise I would have missed it!

message 7: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) Can I just say once again how much I hate Phillip? I cannot even stand looking at his sour pucker face. And when Francesca was trying to bury the hatchet with him and opened up to him, and that turkey just kept working without saying a word, I wanted him gone so badly. But I'm sure once again he'll make it to the final three not because he's such a great player, like he thinks, but because everybody knows he's crazy and nobody likes him.

What was up with the big military guy sitting on his ass and complaining about people not making fire? I didn't see him getting one started until later. Why do some players always start the first day out with bossing people around?

Not sure why any of these players are favorites. I think they're scraping the bottom of the barrel and none of the other good favorites wanted to play.

message 8: by JackieR (new)

JackieR (readthat) | 318 comments Tressa, I haven't watched the first episode yet, but when I saws the favorites I thought the same thing. They are hardly favorites. I have it taped but I am not even sure if I will watch this season yet

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1012 comments I see Special Agent Shepard is still wearing his pink panties (does he only have the one pair?), and now is under the additional delusion that he's Boston Rob.

This could be amusing; or just pathetic.

message 10: by Eileen (new)

Eileen I think this will be a good season from the view point that "the fans" are going to be very annoying to watch. The "good table" group of people needs a good slap and there's only been one episode. I'm looking for them to fall flat on their faces.

Philip doesn't have any other color underwear then pink? And did anyone notice the camera person always zoomed in on his crotch.

I enjoyed Probst getting splashed in one of the challenges. The little things in life make me happy, lol.

message 11: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) Jackie, as the "favorites" stepped off the helicopters, it really seemed that the producers were scraping the bottom of the barrel just to fill the slots. How can Francesca be a favorite when she was voted out after three days?! And Brandon Hantz? He's despicable not to mention creepy. Corinne? May as well have brought Katie or Leesey(?) back! They just suck overall.

I can't believe that guy from the "good table" talked about how he and that other girl are the best looking ones out there. He ain't all that, and I can't even distinguish him from the others his age. Give me someone with a unique look and I'll be sure to remember them. Looks like Malcolm isn't standing out as star material in this season. Or maybe it's too soon?

It's funny, hubby and I couldn't remember who won last season's Survivor. We're getting old.

Where the hell is mark?

message 12: by Eileen (new)

Eileen I was wondering the same thing about Francesca, how could she be a fan favorite? I think the producers thought it would make good TV having Francesca and Phillip together again. They're wrong again!

I think it's too early for Malcolm to shine on the show. If I were playing I would vote him off as soon as possible. He's to good at challenges.

Who's Jackie? I don't remember, I'll have to look that up. My mind is going too, lol.

I sent a PM to Mark, maybe he hasn't had time to watch yet.

message 13: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) Jackie? You mean Katie?

Looks like everybody already hates Phillip, but watch them keep him around till the bitter end. Wouldn't you? But I don't know if it would be worth a million bucks to live on an island with him.

I threatened mark in a PM, too. Maybe that'll scare him into 1) watching it and 2) getting his butt over here to discuss the highs and lows (mostly lows) of this season's Survivor.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1012 comments Tressa - last season was won by Denise, aka "Dr. Ruth."

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1012 comments I'd have preferred Katie to Franchesca; I enjoy hating Katie.

message 16: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) My husband looked up last year's winner while we were watching the other night because he couldn't remember it either. I was glad Denise won. Heck, I had forgotten Lisa was on!

I'd have preferred Katie, too. I'd love to hate on her and Corinne. Still waiting for Corinne's inner bitch to show up.

message 17: by Eileen (new)

Eileen Yes...sorry....Katie....my brain is slow today.

I couldn't stand having Philip around anymore then necessary.

I don't think this season is going to be that bad.

Will see....

message 18: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) I still laugh at how Katie is one of the only ones I've ever seen GAIN weight on the island.

They need to bring back all the bitches and put them in one tribe.

I don't think it's going to be bad either. Looks like there are a lot of interesting non-20something-pieces of meat on there. They just need to vote out the "hunks and creamcheese" so things can start becoming more interesting.

message 19: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (courtneyclift) | 924 comments I hope Philip voted off next. I LOVE Malcolm, but I agree with Holli that he's dangerous for other players.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1012 comments I would find it highly amusing if he finished in 4th place two seasons in a row. Unlikely, but would be very amusing.

message 21: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) Always going to the end but never winning, like Amanda and Russell, lol.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1012 comments Yeah, best guarantee of winning - go to a Final Two with "deer in the headlights" Amanda!

message 23: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) LOL! Don't forget her other nickname: Crybaby.

message 24: by mark (last edited Feb 19, 2013 07:49PM) (new)

mark monday (majestic-plural) | 365 comments hey thanks again to Eileen & Tressa for reminding me to get my ass over here. seems like this happens every season! i really do appreciate it.

i was surprised at how much i enjoyed the first episode. i liked it a lot. i liked it right off the bat when the so-called Favorites were recontextualized (never thought i'd use that word in a Survivor thread) as returning survivors who had failed in some particular way in judging their situation, in understanding what was happening around them. although everyone who is voted out fails in some way, obviously, i still like that way of looking at it because this crew is actually far from "favorites". (except for Malcolm - who everyone loves but i loathe because of his repulsive behavior in the finale - he's definitely a fan favorite, right?) they all exhibited a certain lack of judgment, from Francesca not seeing Phillip as a threat to Cochran not seeing he would still be last on the totem pole to boring Andrea hooking up with poor Matt and not realizing that that threatened paranoid egomaniac Boston Rob. the only person i'd say wasn't really a failure in that regard would be Phillip, who made it to the very end despite his cluelessness and his horrible personality. well, maybe he's just a failure in life. that works for me!

i'm glad it is a group of failures because this time the Fans may actually have a shot at winning.

so far i'm rooting for Erik who gave away his immunity idol. he seems to have a great personality, is a competitor, and i loved what he had to say about Phillip.

seems like on the one tribe we have the Phillip Alliance with equally loathsome Corinne & Malcolm pulling the strings. that is not going to be fun to watch. and then on the other tribe we have the Cool Kids Alliance, and if they dominate, that will also not be fun to watch. but it will be interesting! a frustrating kind of interesting.

i don't like the marine. although it was nice that he started fire, i was sorta hoping he'd fail because of his bad attitude. and he seems like the kind of guy who can be taken in by the Cool Kids because he could be fooled/fool himself into thinking he is actually a Cool Kid too. its happened before in Survivor. and in life!

there's one guy on the Fans team who seems sorta gay. so far he's one of my favorites. him and the long-haired guy from Portland. because i really love Portland. well, at least i think he's from Portland. could be confusing him with someone else.

but my real favorite was Francesca. just like she was my favorite on her first season. sigh. am i bad luck? maybe i should pretend to hate Erik, gay guy, and the long-hair, and then they'll all go far. i hate them! i hope they don't go very far and they don't win! go Corinne, Malcolm, and Phillip, you all are my favorites!!

message 25: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) Hey, mark! Glad you got to watch and weigh in. I have enjoyed your Survivor assessments for years.

I think it could be an interesting season. I also like the (possible) gay guy. He looks like he has a lot of common sense. I like the bearded guy, too, but it looks like he could have low self-esteem, although that's hard to believe. But he seems to be uncomfortable around the "cool" kids. I mean, how cool are you if you have to announce you're cool? Dolts.

I don't know if the Marine will go far. He seems too combative, but they may need him to stick around for a while to win challenges.

I hope Corinne starts acting more bitchy soon. I want some fireworks to fly and her get kicked off. I have no idea why Andrea was brought back. She was boring last time and she's boring this time.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1012 comments I don't know that the "Cool Kids" will dominate. Last time I checked, 4 was not a majority on a tribe of ten.

message 27: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) Oh, but surely their all-inclusive, nonjudgmental personalities will help them reach that magical majority number...NOT!

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1012 comments Well, I think we should keep an eye on Sherri.

message 30: by mark (last edited Feb 21, 2013 03:53PM) (new)

mark monday (majestic-plural) | 365 comments also on Laura!

that Reynolds is a doofus.

i thought Dawn deserved everything she got from Brandon. what was frustrating was that she refused to take responsibility for her actions. namely, being the swing vote (her and Cochran, who agreed to her idea) - a swing vote that knocked out someone she liked for reasons that are rather obscure. why did she need to be a part of the Phillip alliance anyway? ugh. and then she blathers on and on about how she's not upset at what Brandon said to her but rather she's sad at the idea that someone like Brandon is out in the world, spilling their "poison". ha! yeah right. Dawn was upset that Brandon was telling her things that she didn't want to listen to and those things put her in a bad light and made her feel bad, simple as that. i hate that fake & hypocritical sorta bullshit she was spewing in between her heaving, ridiculous sobs. cry me a river, Dawn!

anyway, i still sorta like her (and i definitely like her more than that nitwit Brandon). not as much as Erik, but in the end she's someone i think i can root for, despite her pathetic actions of the first episode.

message 31: by Eileen (last edited Feb 21, 2013 05:38PM) (new)

Eileen Okay, maybe Dawn over reacted a little. I'm still a Dawn fan.

Another good show this week. First off I thinks this season of Survivor should be called, "the sane vs the insane". Just the conversations between the different cast members.

Sane people Insane people

Cochrane and Brandon
Dawn and Brandon
Laura and Shamar
Reynold and Shamar

Agent pink shorts Philip, is just INSANE in every conversation!

Shamar looked so smug at tribal, his days are numbered. I wouldn't put up with him for very long. With him just laying around for 17 hours a day doing nothing just wouldn't fly for long.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1012 comments Yeah, Shamar is Survivor's latest edition of their "Lazy Black Man" trope; Gervaise was the first, many moons ago. None have won!

message 33: by Tressa (last edited Feb 21, 2013 09:17PM) (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) Just got to watch this last episode tonight.

Gotta say that Dawn is waaaaay too sensitive. She sobbed like a damn school girl. She cries as much as Sugar.

Shamar's tendency to violence and threatening manner are scary. I would be afraid of his volatile nature if I were on his tribe. I can't stand people like him. Lazy and confrontational. And he repeats himself ad nauseam. What the hell does "let it be childish" mean in terms of his argument with Reynolds(?). I still don't know their names.

How come Corinne and Brenda are getting so little air time?

Brandon is trying to put on a show by playing the opposite of what he did last time. It's pretty transparent and so forced. And I can't believe how tight and short his blue jean shorts are! I can't stand him.

And I am so sick of Phillip. He is mentally ill and they shouldn't have had him on again. He is not playing a good game but it doesn't matter since people will want to keep him around again. He could never win. I'd rather vote for Shamar to win the money than Phillip.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1012 comments I have two theories on Corinne and Brenda not getting much airtime: that they either did nothing interesting enough to be "good television" in and of itself, or that they just aren't important to the story.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1012 comments Yeah, Special Agent Shepard is one of the "best" goats I have ever seen; kudos to Boston Rob for having the stomach to have him around for 39 days, as it certainly paid off for him.

message 36: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Huston (telynor) | 79 comments Shamar I wanted to pick up a rock and brain him. He'll do fine in competitions, but he's an utter prick. I haven't had a chance yet to look over the Fans list yet, but the others -- well, there was a reason that they lost...

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1012 comments I suspect Sherri's argument was "we'll get rid of Shamar - but later, after he's useful."

message 38: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) Prick perfectly describes Shamar. I have known people who wake up combative and eat combative for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. What's going to piss them off today? Everything.

I swear, I do not know if I could stand being around Phillip for half an hour. When he sat down between Cochrane and Brandon, his junk dangled in those nasty underwear. Made me grimace.

message 39: by mark (new)

mark monday (majestic-plural) | 365 comments Susanna wrote: "I suspect Sherri's argument was "we'll get rid of Shamar - but later, after he's useful.""

unless Sherri decides to continue her Boston Rob attitude towards Shemar and treat him like her Phillip - he may be here for a while! but ugh, i hope not. would love to see him gone soon as well.

message 40: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Huston (telynor) | 79 comments Yeah, the men running about in their briefs is a bit sickening. You just don't do that unless you're a toddler and wearing diapers.

message 41: by mark (new)

mark monday (majestic-plural) | 365 comments it's funny, if they were wearing boxers i probably wouldn't give it a second thought. but the briefs just make my stomach turn, like seeing roadkill.

message 42: by Eileen (new)

Eileen I think men in boxers are sexy.

Not that anyone cares what I think. : )

message 43: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Huston (telynor) | 79 comments Boxers would be fine, but briefs -- a little too revealing for television. So vulgar! ;)

message 44: by JackieR (new)

JackieR (readthat) | 318 comments I will say I cannot stand Phillips underwear. YUK. But for some odd reason he isn't annoying me as much this season as he did the last time around.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1012 comments Just give him time!

message 46: by Eileen (new)

Eileen Susanna wrote: "Just give him time!"

LOL!

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1012 comments Sherri's edit - very interesting. Reminds me a bit of Tina for some reason.

message 48: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) *primal scream!* Get rid of Shamar! I cannot take him another week! My husband thinks he needs some mental help, like he's messed up from the Iraq war.

Susanna, I thought she reminded me of someone and it's Tina! She favors her, too. She seems like a smart lady.

I am liking Cochrane more because he's not as forced this year. He was so busy inventing the Cochrane image last time he played, I couldn't stand him because he was always on. Seems like he's calmed down and is playing with his head more. I am glad that more people are being nice to him.

So happy that there was very little of Phillip this week.

message 49: by mark (new)

mark monday (majestic-plural) | 365 comments yeah, i feel for Shemar but i can't wait until he leaves because he also drives me crazy. although i'm glad that it was Hope out tonight.

agree with you regarding Cochran!

sinister Corinne seems like she's in it for the long haul. or not? it is hard for me to imagine Andrea ousting Corinne but i suppose it could happen. i hope so!

Malcolm said something that really annoyed me but for some reason i can't recall what it was now.

i fear that Brenda, who was one of my favorites on her original season, can't possibly be going far. the editing has made her practically invisible - never a good sign.

message 50: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) How damn easy it is to find idols now? They need to start burying them!

I cannot stand people who constantly yell and attack people. I knew after that challenge Shemar would be lying in the hut yelling at everyone at the camp. I should have known by the before-tribal-council hustling that Shemar wouldn't be going home. That dark haired girl stated that Shemar had already checked out of the game, and he didn't care that he was fucking over everyone in the alliance. This is when they found out he told Hope the plans to split the votes. Now I hope they have fun living at a camp full of so much tension. Idiots.

Yeah, Corinne doesn't have a bitchy edit (yet), so she could be hanging around for a while. Please remember what Malcolm said that annoyed you.

Brenda is practically nonexistent. I did find it funny that Phillip looked over and saw her lifting a rock to stay fit, and there was a montage of him doing the same thing, lol.

« previous 1 3 4 5