Touch of Power (Healer, #1) Touch of Power discussion

Reccommendations

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Esme I REALLY REALLY loved this book and the others by Maria V.Snyder, so do you know any like these, or any other good YA slightly paranormal little bit 'o' romance kinda books?

message 2: by Samantha The Escapist (last edited Dec 18, 2012 04:31PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Samantha The Escapist Graceling by Kristen Cashore is probably most simlar of what I've read.

Kristen's characters are much more developed though. And IMO her plots are organized better.

But the love story is more prominent.

Renée Grave mercy by R LaFevers
Throne of glass by Sarah J Maas

Samantha The Escapist The Demon King Series by Cinda Williams Chima is in a simialr type of world but they have multiple POV and they're more political.

Esme yeh i've read all those :D they're ll really awesome :D

Samantha The Escapist Damn. I don't know what to tell you then lol.

Do you like Fairy Tale retellings? I've read a few of those that have a similar feel to Snyder's style.

Esme ooh yes :D

Lígia Bellini I looove Maria V. Snyder books!!! She is great and her books are awesome!! ^^ If u wanna read something like "Touch Of Power", try to read "The Healing Wars" series. They'rent super great, but its a nice reading!! ^^

Esme I'll defos check it would THANKS!!!

Lígia Bellini thts cool! i hope u enjoy the reading!! ^^

Sophie Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas is amazing, and one of my favourite series.
Also Mortal Instruments and prequel Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare are some of my favourite series! :) Or maybe Divergent by Veronica Roth.

message 12: by Esme (new) - rated it 5 stars

Esme I've read all those also! hahahahaha! thanks though! :D

message 13: by Samantha The Escapist (last edited Dec 30, 2012 06:17AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Samantha The Escapist Okay Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce is the first in a trilogy of mostly unrelated fairy tale retellings. Sisters Red is pretty badass to be honest.

Also if yo like steampunk the kickass heroin in Girl in the Steel Corset might interest you as well. This one is pretty shallow though, but a lot of fun.

Also for urban fantasy try The Demon Trapper's daughter. There is a certain maturity missing from this one in style and the story kinda meanders into fanfic territory somewhere around the second or third book but the fourth is going great so far and the first snagged me in the first place. There is a lot of raw emotion in the series which I think is great.

message 14: by Esme (new) - rated it 5 stars

Esme oooooh :D i'll look them all up :D thanks!!!

Maddy scent of magic

its book 2 after touch of power

Samantha The Escapist So far Finnikin of the Rock is good. I'm reading it because it's Kristen Cashore's favourite book and she's my favourite author :P

So far it's a pretty standard fantasy setting filled with loss and sadness. Not giving my official recommendation yet since I'm only 65 pages in but still.

oh also Girl of Fire and Thorns - it's about a young and very out-of-shape princess who is married off to a far off King. She meets small betrayals and political games head on and becomes somewhat embroiled in underground movements as well.

^ Very simplified version of the plot but it's hard to say what the book is about without spoiling thing. The book is broken into major chunks. I think you'd like it. There is a strong theme of religion as well but whether you're a religious person or not this book presents proof of divine power throughout so in this setting religion IS real and it's the one she made up.

message 17: by Esme (new) - rated it 5 stars

Esme Oh thanks :D they look really cool :D

monie-rosie One of my favorite books, which is similar to Poison Study is Crown Duel by Sherwood Smith. I have read it at least 5 times. It is not as popular as all the other recommended here (I love Grave Mercy, Throne of Glass, Girl of Fire and Thorns, Graceling and the Demon King books!), but it is just as amazing! It is a must read!!!

message 19: by Sara (last edited Aug 04, 2013 02:45PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara Alanna: The First Adventure by Tamora Pierce!!!!!!!!! I LOVED IT AND ALL OF HER BOOKS!!!!!!! It's the first book in a quartet. READ ALL FOUR OF THE QUARTET. It's the Song of the Lioness Quartet. OH!!! And The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley!!!!!