Ask Bella Andre - January 17, 2013 discussion

Ask Bella!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 105 (105 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Margo (new)

Margo (maothrockmorton) | 1 comments Mod
Welcome to the group! Bella will be answering questions on Thursday, January 17, 2013. In the meantime if you have a question for Bella or just want to introduce yourself feel free to do so in this thread.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi

I am a romance reader writer. I wrote a novel 30 yea ago and it garnered some good interest from romance publishers and agents but they wee worried abot two things - too much sex too soon and a love triangle - fast forward 30 years and it seems those two things are bang on!

I am close to finishing my revision of this novel and redy to publish but my daughter just told me lve it - but i have been waiting for them to get it on and by chapter when they do you are just t cryptic - I want more details. My daughter usually knows what she is talking about - would love to upload the couple of pages she is talking about and get feedback before I publish to smashbooks. lol x

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

oh my netbook keyboard keeps missing letters - sorry for the typos
years
were
about
ready
love
too

message 4: by Sue (new)

Sue  (mypeace) | 23 comments Hello!! I'll pop in and out on Thursday! What a great idea and fun!!! :)

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Gallagher (jenex) | 9 comments will pop in and out going to Fellowship group first.. looking forward to this.. Jen

message 6: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia (fotoselivros) I just have to thank and congratulate Bella for this wonderful family and say I'm looking forward to all upcoming Sullivan ... and other families she comes create.

message 7: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Colletti gracon | 1 comments Hi Bella, thank you so much for your wonderful books. I wanted to know after all the Sullivan's stories are told would you do a follow up on any of them to continue there story? Love to know how they are all doing in the future with kids and each other? Congratulations on all the books, can't wait for more.

message 8: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (NMarie29) | 6 comments I agree with Kim. Is their more to the current Sullivan's to write about?

message 9: by June (new)

June | 4 comments I agree.. we would like to see a wedding for each of them.. Just wondering if you were going to write about the love story of Mary and Jack Sullivan?

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Gallagher (jenex) | 9 comments There are the Seattle cousins to come.. and I would love to see Jack and Mary's story.. the Sulivan's story could go on for a while their weddings thier first near of marriage... and there could be more Cousins than Ian Rafe and Mia in Seattle..

message 11: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Gallagher (jenex) | 9 comments Jennifer wrote: "There are the Seattle cousins to come.. and I would love to see John and Mary's story.. the Sulivan's story could go on for a while their weddings thier first near of marriage... and there could be..."

In Scotland if your name is Jack your usually a John.. and I keep calling Mary's husband John lol

message 12: by Sue (new)

Sue  (mypeace) | 23 comments I am curious, when you are writing your books, Bella, do you do some kind of outline first or just go with the flow so to speak?

message 13: by Amelia (new)

Amelia | 1 comments Hey Bella! What advice would you give to an aspiring romance writer?

message 14: by Linda (new)

Linda Daffron | 1 comments I got so wrapped up reading the Sullivan series. i love all of them. What inspired you to write about the Sullivan family?

message 15: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Gallagher (jenex) | 9 comments Amelia wrote: "Hey Bella! What advice would you give to an aspiring romance writer?"

Good question I have some idea.. but do not know where to start..

message 16: by Chris (new)

Chris | 1 comments Bella, Where is your favorite place to go, to just unwind?
Chris NoOne

message 17: by Craig (new)

Craig Froman (craigfroman) | 2 comments I love to write but find it hard to make time with busy days. How do you establish a time to write and find the inspiration to make such powerful books? Thanks, Bella!

message 18: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (wendylu4) I love your books and cannot wait for you next one about Lori and the Seattle Sullivans. How did you get interested in writing?

message 19: by Bella, author of COME A LITTLE BIT CLOSER (new)

Bella Andre (bellaandre) | 93 comments Mod
Margo wrote: "Welcome to the group! Bella will be answering questions on Thursday, January 17, 2013. In the meantime if you have a question for Bella or just want to introduce yourself feel free to do so in this..."

Thank you for the lovely introduction, Margo! :) Bella

message 20: by Bella, author of COME A LITTLE BIT CLOSER (new)

Helen wrote: "Hi

I am a romance reader writer. I wrote a novel 30 yea ago and it garnered some good interest from romance publishers and agents but they wee worried abot two things - too much sex too soon and a..."

Helen - Congratulations on your book! In the end, you really just have to trust your vision as a writer. So if you feel like they're having the right about of sex at the right time for *you*, then I think you'll know that you're ready to publish. If the story still doesn't feel quite right, that's when you should keep working on it, imho.

There are different readers for different kind of books, so don't worry about too much or too little of anything in your book. Just write the book you most want to write!

Hope that helps!
:) Bella

message 21: by Bella, author of COME A LITTLE BIT CLOSER (new)

Sue wrote: "Hello!! I'll pop in and out on Thursday! What a great idea and fun!!! :)"

Hi Sue! Glad you're here!

message 22: by Bella, author of COME A LITTLE BIT CLOSER (new)

Jennifer wrote: "will pop in and out going to Fellowship group first.. looking forward to this.. Jen"

Hi Jen, let me know if you have any questions for me!

message 23: by Moran (new)

Moran | 1 comments Hey Bella,
How many more Sullivans books are you planning to write? I really hope as much as you can since I just love the series!

message 24: by Bella, author of COME A LITTLE BIT CLOSER (new)

Cinthia wrote: "I just have to thank and congratulate Bella for this wonderful family and say I'm looking forward to all upcoming Sullivan ... and other families she comes create."

Thank you Cinthia! You're really wonderful. :) Bella

message 25: by Bella, author of COME A LITTLE BIT CLOSER (new)

Kimberly wrote: "Hi Bella, thank you so much for your wonderful books. I wanted to know after all the Sullivan's stories are told would you do a follow up on any of them to continue there story? Love to know how..."

Hi Kimberly! Thank you so much for your lovely comment. I'm so glad you're enjoying my books. I will actually be writing a very special story for Mary Sullivan (their mother) this winter, which will revisit with all of the couples to see how they're doing. And of course as I write the Seattle Sullivan cousin's books, we'll see various San Francisco Sullivans pop in and out, too. :) Bella

message 26: by Bella, author of COME A LITTLE BIT CLOSER (new)

Nicole wrote: "I agree with Kim. Is their more to the current Sullivan's to write about?"

Hi Nicole! Oh yes, don't worry, you will see lots more of my Sullivans in future books. :) Bella

message 27: by Bella, author of COME A LITTLE BIT CLOSER (new)

June wrote: "I agree.. we would like to see a wedding for each of them.. Just wondering if you were going to write about the love story of Mary and Jack Sullivan?"

Hi June! This is the #1 question I get asked :) and yes, I am definitely going to write about Mary and Jack - it will be a very special book out this winter. It's going to be a tearjerker, for sure.....

message 28: by Bella, author of COME A LITTLE BIT CLOSER (new)

Jennifer wrote: "There are the Seattle cousins to come.. and I would love to see Jack and Mary's story.. the Sulivan's story could go on for a while their weddings thier first near of marriage... and there could be..."

Hi Jennifer! Yes, there are *LOTS* of Sullivan cousins... :)

There are also some characters that I have hinted at in a couple of books now that will hopefully launch a new, somewhat connected series, this year too. Very alpha heroes, very sexy....

message 29: by Bella, author of COME A LITTLE BIT CLOSER (new)

Sue wrote: "I am curious, when you are writing your books, Bella, do you do some kind of outline first or just go with the flow so to speak?"

Hi Sue! I always say I'm a seat-of-my-pants writer...but then by the time I finish each book I've got a 100 page outline as well. So, I guess I'm both, but I make a lot of notes along the way! :)

message 30: by Sue (new)

Sue  (mypeace) | 23 comments Oh, can't wait for Mary and Jack's story!!! :)

And Alpha Hero, sexy is always good!!!

message 31: by Bella, author of COME A LITTLE BIT CLOSER (new)

Amelia wrote: "Hey Bella! What advice would you give to an aspiring romance writer?"

Hi Amelia! My best advice would be to write a lot and read a lot. I believe it's the same advice Stephen King gives in "On Writing." :) Fortunately, reading and writing are 2 of my favorite things, so it's no hardship! But honestly, those truly are the most important things you can do. And then, after you've written and read every day, you can do research into the publishing world, etc.

message 32: by BlackRoze (new)

Tamibates BlackRoze (blackroze37-tamibates) | 1 comments How do authors read other author books and enjoy, not thinking about what all goes intomaking the book.

message 33: by Pam (last edited Jan 17, 2013 12:31PM) (new)

Pam Nelson (pamnelson) Hi Bella, First I wanted to say thank you for your work. I have read a few of your books and love them. Now my question when your writing a story do you know how it will turn out from beginning to end or do you write it as it comes to you?

message 34: by Bella, author of COME A LITTLE BIT CLOSER (new)

Linda wrote: "I got so wrapped up reading the Sullivan series. i love all of them. What inspired you to write about the Sullivan family?"
Hi Linda! Thank you - I'm so glad you've loved all of my Sullivan books! I've always loved to read books about a big family, like Julia Quinn's Bridgertons, so when I got to a point in my career where I could write about anything and anyone I wanted to, The Sullivans were my obvious choice! And writing their stories has been the most magical thing I've ever done. :) Bella

message 35: by Bella, author of COME A LITTLE BIT CLOSER (new)

Chris wrote: "Bella, Where is your favorite place to go, to just unwind?
Chris NoOne"

Hi Chris! I love to walk, hike and swim. So anywhere that I can do those things is my perfect unwinding spot. :)

message 36: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Gallagher (jenex) | 9 comments Bella wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "There are the Seattle cousins to come.. and I would love to see Jack and Mary's story.. the Sulivan's story could go on for a while their weddings thier first near of marriage... a..."
Great news... hugs and a big big thanks you for being YOU

message 37: by Tina (new)

Tina | 1 comments So how did you get your ideas for the books??

message 38: by Bella, author of COME A LITTLE BIT CLOSER (new)

Craig wrote: "I love to write but find it hard to make time with busy days. How do you establish a time to write and find the inspiration to make such powerful books? Thanks, Bella!"

Hi Craig! Honestly, I write everywhere and anywhere. For instance, this morning I was getting my hair done and while I was under the dryer, I pulled out my laptop and wrote for 30 minutes. I'd rather write in longer chunks, but if 15 or 30 minutes is all I can get, I'll take it. Because the words always add up!

Good luck with your writing!

message 39: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Gallagher (jenex) | 9 comments Bella wrote: "June wrote: "I agree.. we would like to see a wedding for each of them.. Just wondering if you were going to write about the love story of Mary and Jack Sullivan?"

Hi June! This is the #1 question..."

I have cried reading other Sullivan books so nothing new doe mw lol !!

message 40: by Bella, author of COME A LITTLE BIT CLOSER (new)

Wendy wrote: "I love your books and cannot wait for you next one about Lori and the Seattle Sullivans. How did you get interested in writing?"

Hi Wendy! I can't wait for you to read ALWAYS ON MY MIND on March 5th! I'm in <3 with Lori's hero. Le sigh....

I've always been a writer - first it was songs, and then books about the music industry, and then 10 years ago I wrote my first romance and was hooked!

message 41: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Gallagher (jenex) | 9 comments Bella wrote: "Kimberly wrote: "Hi Bella, thank you so much for your wonderful books. I wanted to know after all the Sullivan's stories are told would you do a follow up on any of them to continue there story? ..."
oh wow thin I will have to start doing the lottery lol

message 42: by Craig (new)

Craig Froman (craigfroman) | 2 comments Thanks for the wonderful reply, Bella! :)

Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog | 2 comments Hi Bella,

Will there be any follow up books to the Sullivan series? What I mean is, will we hear more from Zach, Ryan, Marcus, Smith, and so on? I want to know what happens to them after they have found the women of their dreams :) Especially Ryan and Zach!!!!

message 44: by Katie (new)

Katie Terranova-Logan  | 2 comments Hey Bella!! If you weren't writing what would you be doing?!

message 45: by Bella, author of COME A LITTLE BIT CLOSER (new)

moran wrote: "Hey Bella,
How many more Sullivans books are you planning to write? I really hope as much as you can since I just love the series!"

Hi Moran! Honestly, at this point I can't see a time when I won't be writing about my Sullivans....which is to say, I hope to keep writing and publishing them for you for a very long time!!

message 46: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Gallagher (jenex) | 9 comments Bella do you think when Writing of a piece of Music for each of the couples??? give them their own signature song ??

message 47: by Shelby (new)

Shelby Hardesty (ShelbyHardesty) | 1 comments First, I love the Sullivan's. Second, I want to be adopted into that family. Third, is there any movie or tv productions in the works for the series? I would love to watch your stories!!

message 48: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (mertime) | 1 comments Hey Bella~ What is YOUR favorite Sullivan book?

message 49: by Bella, author of COME A LITTLE BIT CLOSER (new)

Black wrote: "How do authors read other author books and enjoy, not thinking about what all goes intomaking the book."

Biack - Honestly, I love reading so much that I almost never get caught up in thinking about the how-to's of books when I'm reading someone else's book. I could just read all day long if I didn't have so many books to write! :)

message 50: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Gallagher (jenex) | 9 comments forgive my Typo's sight is not good..

« previous 1 3