YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Really Good: Male Perspectives

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Greta (last edited Dec 18, 2012 10:54AM) (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments I really love books that alternate perspectives or have a male POV. Maybe some of you feel the same way and look for this in the books you choose.

We can share suggestions here :)

message 3: by Pang (new)

message 4: by Greta (new)

message 5: by Greta (new)

message 6: by Novel (new)

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Greta wrote: "Ashfall (Ashfall, #1) by Mike Mullin"

Yes!

message 7: by Novel (new)

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Greta wrote: "Where She Went (If I Stay, #2) by Gayle Forman"

waaah, this book made me cry... btw, i love this thread Greta!

message 8: by Novel (last edited Dec 18, 2012 10:18PM) (new)

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Here's another good one:

What I Didn't Say by Keary Taylor

message 9: by Novel (new)

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments The Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta this is a companion novel to Saving Francesca.

message 10: by Samia (new)

Samia Ruponti (snoebell92) | 451 comments Novel wrote: "The Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta this is a companion novel to Saving Francesca."

The piper's song is wayy flatter than saving Francesca. Tom just annoyed me in it. I have to give a try to other recommendations!

message 11: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Dec 19, 2012 01:27AM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) My top 3 with male leads :
Hold Me Closer, Necromancer by Lish McBride White Cat (Curse Workers, #1) by Holly Black Unwind (Unwind, #1) by Neal Shusterman (shifting male/female PoV's)

Other books/series which I enjoyed :
The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan Looking for Alaska by John Green Hushed by Kelley York Ready Player One by Ernest Cline Something Like Normal by Trish Doller Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1) by Kendare Blake
The Demon King (Seven Realms, #1) by Cinda Williams Chima (shifting male/female PoV's)
The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) by James Dashner Boy Toy by Barry Lyga
Hounded (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #1) by Kevin Hearne Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion

message 12: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Walking Disaster (Beautiful, #2) by Jamie McGuire
This isn't available yet, but it's Beautiful Disaster from Travis' perspective.

message 13: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Good list, Stacia!

message 14: by Night Owl (last edited Dec 20, 2012 10:11AM) (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Wonder by R.J. Palacio Stargirl (Stargirl, #1) by Jerry Spinelli The Giver (The Giver, #1) by Lois Lowry The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton Paper Towns by John Green The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas by John Boyne A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks

Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn , 50% boy's perspective!

message 15: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay had alternating perspectives, but I liked Josh's chapters better.

message 16: by Jonababez (last edited Dec 23, 2012 07:45PM) (new)

Jonababez | 2458 comments Defiance (Defiance, #1) by C.J. Redwine , Good For You (Between the Lines, #3) by Tammara Webber , Where She Went (If I Stay, #2) by Gayle Forman and Point of Retreat (Slammed, #2) by Colleen Hoover

message 17: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine | 93 comments Jona wrote: "Defiance (Defiance, #1) by C.J. Redwine, Good For You (Between the Lines, #3) by Tammara Webber, Where She Went (If I Stay, #2) by Gayle Forman and Point of Retreat (Slammed, #2) by Colleen Hoover"

Just finsihed defiance and it was really good! Loved Logan :)

message 18: by Samia (new)

Samia Ruponti (snoebell92) | 451 comments I love Good For You!!!

message 19: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Samia, I'm really undecided about that series. Some reviews say its awesome, but others are only luke warm. Are all the books, or only the last one, in the male pov?

message 20: by Novel (new)

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Greta wrote: "Samia, I'm really undecided about that series. Some reviews say its awesome, but others are only luke warm. Are all the books, or only the last one, in the male pov?"

I didn't continue the series after the 1st book, but I heard the last book is really good.

message 21: by Samia (new)

Samia Ruponti (snoebell92) | 451 comments Greta wrote: "Samia, I'm really undecided about that series. Some reviews say its awesome, but others are only luke warm. Are all the books, or only the last one, in the male pov?"

all of theme are from alternative pov. it may seem slow to some, but I'm not a fan of insta-love, so I liked all of them. The characters take a lot of time falling in love, and face a lot of "hollywood hardship" (paparazzi, faked photo etc).

message 22: by Jonababez (new)

Jonababez | 2458 comments I love love love Good For You, the best book from the series!!!

message 23: by Novel (new)

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Jona wrote: "I love love love Good For You, the best book from the series!!!"

hey! why are you online on Christmas Eve?!?

message 24: by Jonababez (new)

Jonababez | 2458 comments Novel wrote: "Jona wrote: "I love love love Good For You, the best book from the series!!!"

hey! why are you online on Christmas Eve?!?"

Because I'm at home! LOL!

message 25: by Samia (new)

Samia Ruponti (snoebell92) | 451 comments Jona wrote: "I love love love Good For You, the best book from the series!!!"

Me too! I have read it 4 times already!

message 26: by Jonababez (new)

Jonababez | 2458 comments Samia wrote: "Jona wrote: "I love love love Good For You, the best book from the series!!!"

Me too! I have read it 4 times already!"

Woah!! 4 times? That's a lot!
I'm waiting for the paperback to come out so I can order and reread it! :)

message 27: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments not sure yet if it will qualify as a "best" book ...but it's an all male perspective. Warm Bodies (Warm Bodies, #1) by Isaac Marion

message 28: by Tayla (new)

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) | 3093 comments Beautiful creatures <3

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Where She Went (If I Stay, #2) by Gayle Forman Made me cry.
The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden (The Coincidence, #1) by Jessica Sorensen is good too. Thought it's alternating

message 30: by Jalyn (new)

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 3847 comments Jona wrote: "I love love love Good For You, the best book from the series!!!"

I think so too! It was definitely my favorite <3

message 31: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandagb) | 43 comments Chasing nikki (Chase Walker #1) is a fantastic novel but so heart breaking too. Worth a read.

message 32: by Kat (new)

Kat (kaitlins16) Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher -this is from a male's perspective even though most of it is her talking on the tapes. Amazing book.

Intertwined (Intertwined, #1) by Gena Showalter -alternating
The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan Jerk, California by Jonathan Friesen Candy by Kevin Brooks Ship Breaker (Ship Breaker, #1) by Paolo Bacigalupi Paper Towns by John Green Looking for Alaska by John Green An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
Being by Kevin Brooks -when I think of weird books, this just automatically comes to my mind, but I loved it.

message 33: by Jonababez (new)

Jonababez | 2458 comments Just read this and I think it's really good!
Flirting with Maybe by Wendy Higgins

message 34: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Flat-Out Matt by Jessica Park is a novella. It's Matt's perspective of the events in Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park
It includes a prologue that takes place before he meets Julie and an epilogue that tells us a little of what happened after the end of Flat Out Love.
This novella was awesome! It totally solidified my love for Matt!

message 35: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 82918 comments Mod
Taken (Taken, #1) by Erin Bowman This was awesome!

message 36: by Kasi (new)

message 37: by Novel (new)

message 38: by Berna (new)

Berna Point of Retreat (Slammed, #2) by Colleen Hoover and This Girl (Slammed, #3) by Colleen Hoover
Will Cooper is just amazing!

message 39: by Novel (new)

message 40: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5314 comments Berna wrote: "Point of Retreat (Slammed, #2) by Colleen Hoover and This Girl (Slammed, #3) by Colleen Hoover
Will Cooper is just amazing!"

I second!

message 41: by Lee (new)

Lee Mavin | 6 comments Percy JackonThe Lightning Thief

message 42: by Novel (new)

message 43: by Jess (new)

Jess | 329 comments I think one of my favourites with a male perspective is the Chaos Walking series by Patrick Ness.
The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking, #1) by Patrick Ness , The Ask and the Answer (Chaos Walking, #2) by Patrick Ness , Monsters of Men (Chaos Walking, #3) by Patrick Ness

message 44: by Ronnan (new)

Ronnan Tristan (ronnantristan) The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller

The prose in this book flows like water in a stream. Just beautiful! Narrated by Achilles right hand Patroclus.

message 45: by Tayla (new)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.