UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Meet the Authors > Andy Leeks - As They Slept

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andy (new)

Andy Leeks (andyleeks) | 2 comments http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/...

Hi my name is Andy Leeks and I grew up in Watford but moved to Kent in 2011 for a taste of the quiet life.

I started writing my first book, "As They Slept" almost by accident. After a heartfelt Facebook post fell on deaf ears, I decided I needed to prove a point.

As They Slept was released on 14th December 2012 and has been described as "witty, pithy and extremely well written". It has been compared to the work of Dave Gorman, Danny Wallace, Jeremy Clarkson and David Mitchell.

I continue to commute to London and I'm currently writing Part 2, which is scheduled for release on 31st March 2012.

The blurb

The autobiographical tale of a stubborn, thirty something commuter, who wasn't prepared to lose a petty argument on Facebook.

Infuriated by the snoozing passengers surrounding him, Andy posted a status declaring that sleeping on trains is a complete waste of time.

His friends disagreed.

In a bid to prove them wrong, Andy set out to write a book from start to finish on the daily commute.

"As They Slept" is a collection of comical tales, guaranteed to make you smile.

In a similar style to "The World According to Clarkson", Andy explains how to eradicate lost property, why women can't use their pockets, and exactly when it's ok to lie.

"As they slept" is currently on offer on Amazon and is available for purchase at $0.99 / £0.77

message 2: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5174 comments Just bought it Andy!Thank you.

message 3: by Andy (new)

Andy Leeks (andyleeks) | 2 comments Many Thanks