2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2013 > Missy's 13 for 2013

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Missy (new)

Missy (adriella) | 52 comments With a toddler and a kindergartner at home I'm lucky to get 10 minutes to myself each day. My goal is roughly a book a month in 2013, a modest goal but I want to make it a successful year so I will start small.

Topics I would like to cover...
1. A classic, think books you would read in a college lit course...
2. An autobiography
3. Anything off the top shelf of my bookcase ( which is primarily devoted to surviving motherhood )
4. Hmmm....what else...

message 2: by Adriana (new)

Adriana | 3888 comments I know someone for a college lit course read 1984. I'm pretty sure. She mentioned that book a couple of times. Good luck (;

message 3: by Missy (new)

Missy (adriella) | 52 comments January buddy read- The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas

Takes care of that classic lit category...

message 4: by Missy (new)

Missy (adriella) | 52 comments First book of 2013 done! This is very exciting for me since I probably haven't been able to finish one complete book since my son was born almost three years ago!

The Touch by Randall Wallace
Completed 1/2/13
Rated 4/5

message 5: by Robyn (new)

Robyn | -15 comments congrats on crossing that first book off the list : ) I don't think I read a single non kid book til my daughter was around two. I was so excited to get back into it

message 6: by Missy (new)

Missy (adriella) | 52 comments Second book down! Having trouble getting through the Count of Monte Cristo as I seem to have misplaced my Nook (boo) so until I find it I'm back to paper and binding books. So I picked up a wonderful and quick read:
Heaven is for Real A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back by Todd Burpo
Completed 2/7/13
Rated 5/5

Can't wait to introduce my book club to this one!