Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6) Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince discussion

Sirius!!!!!!I'm GLAD....

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Farheen I was really sad about the fact that Sirius died still as a convicted murderer ..........but while I re-read the Half-Blood Prince, I came to know,in the very first chapter, that is name was actually cleared!as Fudge says"it seems he was innocent after all....he wasn't a supporter of YKW......"and I was like "What!!???why didn't I notice it before??!!"but whatever....he died with a clear name..that lightens everything a bit....

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, I missed it too! I'm so glad!

Ciara It does indeed!
I was deeply saddened by his death, but you're right; it does lighten things a bit.

Jared For a moment I thought the title of this was "Sirius! I'm GLAD... HE DIED" and I was like whut

Andrea Escaffi-James I cried when he and Dumbledore died. I loved Sirius. He was not given enough stagelight. I wouldhave loved to have read more about him.

Fanzura But i think Sirius had the worst death in the book because even though i have read the part so many times over and over, i still don't get it.

Farheen Sirius' deaths was definitely unwanted........but it was important as well.......but I'm still glad about the clearing of his name.....and I would have loved to know a bit more about him.....

Leah Jared wrote: "For a moment I thought the title of this was "Sirius! I'm GLAD... HE DIED" and I was like whut"

omg me too

message 9: by Farheen (last edited Dec 20, 2012 11:03PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Farheen Leah wrote: "Jared wrote: "For a moment I thought the title of this was "Sirius! I'm GLAD... HE DIED" and I was like whut"

omg me too"

Well I definitely wasn't glad he died.....just glad about his clearance of name.......:-)

message 10: by Angie (last edited Dec 21, 2012 08:43AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Angie Thanks for giving a bright side. I can add that because of his death, Harry couldn't be under Voldemort's control.

I think he didn't care a lot on clearing his name, he cared more about Harry and being helpful in the war.

It was hinted in the other book and in his sad smile that Dumbledore already told him the reason of why Harry couldn't live with him, so he didn't care a lot on proving his innocence and surviving after that.

Besides, his name had to be cleared because the truth of Voldemort's return and who were his real supporters couldn't be hidden any longer.