Speaker Geeks! discussion

Mature/Sex Debates > Your Thought about Homosexuality?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 374 (374 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

message 1: by Yazid (Ciel) (new)

Yazid (Ciel) (plue) Voice out your opinion about homosexuals. :)

message 2: by Woolfie (new)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) I believe that whatever practices are engaged in, as long as they do not physically endanger you, (and let's face it, why should it be dangerous?) then what's the harm in allowing it to be practised.Most of the time it's not a conscious choice, it's a feeling, a sensation, an inclination. It is NOT unnatural or immoral, I personally do not feel that way about my fellow men, but that doesn't mean that I would hesitate if I knew a friend of mine was gay. Live and let live I say, don't hate, try and relate, if you can, then great! If you can't then tolerate.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Free speech.
Free world.
Right to satisfy ones needs.
Freedom of expression.
Let them practice it.They are like us but with different need.Equality

message 4: by Meenu (new)

Meenu Being homosexual is perfectly fine. People need to respect that and the people that are homosexual. What ever happened to equality? Just cuz they're different doesnt mean they dont deserve equality.

message 5: by Valerie (new)

Valerie | 7 comments I agree with everyone's comment :)

message 6: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, Lend me your ears! (new)

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 91 comments Mod
I think people make to big a deal out of it. What people want, just let it go. People are just making themselves look like idiots. It just is. It shouldn't even be a question of laws and freedom and stuff. I don't get why there are laws against it. It's just what is natural for some people and we have to respect that.

message 7: by Lo, I'm a waste of time (new)

Lo (darkalleycookies) | 563 comments Mod
A lot of people don't like homosexuality because it goes against their religion, but I don't think they should force their religion on the rest of us. Homosexuals are still people, and are the same as heterosexuals except for one small detail.

message 8: by Alison (new)

Alison (alison_loves_books) | 12 comments To be perfectly honest to say it is going against peoples religions is archaic. You know what else goes against peoples religions? Using gods, or religious figureheads, names in vain. Many still do it. Also, to say it is against your religion is like saying we should still be sacrificing animals. I don't mind sexuality by the way. A person is a person no matter who they love.

Marija *Somewhere beyond this starless sky, Through the darkest days of mine, Another sun will rise* | 64 comments I don't have anything against homosexuality. I'm all like peace in world and that kind of stuff so I really don't care who you like or don't like. Only that matters is that you're a good man

message 10: by Lo, I'm a waste of time (new)

I believe in the bible there's one section that says everyone should stay away from women when they are menstruating because it's gross?

Trying super hard not to offend all who practice this religion, but the Bible is not always correct.

message 11: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (last edited Jan 29, 2013 02:26PM) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
According to Jewish law, anything that the menstruating woman touched was unclean. However, that no longer applies. It was a time period thing (I believe), and there were many cultures around the world that also did that.

message 12: by Lo, I'm a waste of time (new)

Leah wrote: "According to Jewish law, anything that the menstruating woman touched was unclean. However, that no longer applies. It was a time period thing, and there were many cultures around the world that ..."

Sorry about that. I really am just nonreligious, so I'm not really clear on everything people believe in.

(Are you Jewish?)

message 13: by Lo, I'm a waste of time (new)

I've got to say: I'm surprised by how many people actually have the same view on this as me. I know I'm still in middle school so naturally a lot of the kids at my school are dumb, and some are just super religious, but hardly anyone there accepts LGBTQ people, and it's sad really.

message 14: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (last edited Jan 17, 2013 07:15PM) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
Lo♪ wrote: "Leah wrote: "According to Jewish law, anything that the menstruating woman touched was unclean. However, that no longer applies. It was a time period thing, and there were many cultures around th..."

Oh, no, I'm not offended or anything in any way whatsoever, and that's perfectly fine! And, no, I'm not Jewish, I'm a Christian, but I just remember reading it in Leviticus, so don't take my final word for it. :D

(This next part is likely going to take a lot of criticism, but these are just my beliefs and opinions.) Also, on this debate, because of what the Bible says, I am not exactly in favor of homosexuality. However, I'm not going to treat anyone badly because they don't share my beliefs. Many people are going to have different beliefs than me, and I'm okay with that. They just believe different things than me.

message 15: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (last edited Jan 17, 2013 06:47PM) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
Aw, you made my day! Thank you so much! I can't stop smiling now! :)

message 16: by T.J. (last edited Jan 17, 2013 08:16PM) (new)

T.J. Pesonally, I would never think less of a person if they are homosexual or anything. I hold absolutely nothing against people who are and wouldn't regard them any differently. But I'm also Christian (and I'm not shoving my "religion" as people call it, onto anyone; which is isn't, it's a relationship but oh well) and I also find it...gross. Like, I don't don't enjoy reading about it, but I don't think badly about the person(s). There's my opinion.

message 17: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
I'll agree with you.

Mrs.Crazy (nico di angelo) | 4116 comments Mod
Homosexuality is a nasty thing and should be outlawed.

...it just is wrong on so many levels

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Shumailah (Mrs.Crazy) wrote: "...it just is wrong on so many levels"

Nope.You can't take away others freedom just because you think its not right.

message 21: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
Makaylia wrote: "... I dont know if you can technically out law having a homosexuality. It would take away peoples freedom. You cant change who someone is. I know a few people who are... curvy? I dont say gay, i sa..."

I know that my state has a law that constitutes that marriage is between a man and a woman.

message 22: by T.J. (new)

T.J. Besides, making homosexuality illegal wouldn't halt the "problem." A piece of paper passed by Congress does not insure the compliance of everyone.

message 23: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
It really doesn't.

What I said is not my real opinion. Just wanted to disagree and see what people would say. I'm not against homos.

message 25: by T.J. (new)

T.J. But I don't think people are born that way. I just want to include that in my opinion. And I also believe that just as a person became homosexual, they can also stop, too. That's what I think. No matter what people say, it's what I think.

And whales? That's an interesting pick. I was thinking more along the lines of world hunger...but whales are cool, too.

message 26: by Arwen (new)

Arwen Personally in fine with homosexuality. There are people in my family like that. So it's there choice you can't choose who you like and it would be unfair just to discriminate against them simply coz they like their own sex. God it's like hitler he didn't like the jews coz of their religion. So just coz you may think its kinda wrong keep it to your self and please don't discriminate.

message 27: by Lo, I'm a waste of time (new)

Shadowhunter Girl wrote: "But I don't think people are born that way. I just want to include that in my opinion. And I also believe that just as a person became homosexual, they can also stop, too. That's what I think. No m..."

I know you said you won't change your opinion, but it's wrong.

Think about it this way: the first person EVER to come out that they were homosexual, why would they do that? In a world where female-male relationships are so stressed, why would someone come out and admit there's "something wrong with them"?

Homosexuals chose to be gay the day heterosexuals chose to be straight. THE DAY DIDN'T EXIST.

Also, can heterosexuals just become gay because they want to? No. Neither can homosexuals.

message 28: by T.J. (new)

T.J. If you think that way, that's fine. There are people I know of who have stopped being homosexual. And it wasn't the case where someone "thought" they were and discovered that they actually weren't. Please give more credit to the human race to know at least that much about themselves.
I don't think my opionion is wrong, just like you don't think yours is either. I can read all the articles in the world and still stand firm with this. I don't have a problem with it regardless. People shouldn't be treated any less because of this. Not saying anyone is, but there are people in the world who do. So yeah.

message 29: by T.J. (new)

T.J. Homosexuality does not define a person.

message 30: by T.J. (new)

T.J. At least, that's what I believe.

message 31: by Lo, I'm a waste of time (new)

Shadowhunter Girl wrote: "At least, that's what I believe."

That's true.

(Sorry for overreacting early. Everybody's got their own beliefs.)

message 32: by talltyrion (new)

talltyrion I'm a firm believer that gay marriage should be legal everywhere. I think that I could never believe that god who would damn someone or even simply be against two people loving each other. That's not the god I was raised to believe in, and it's not who I believe in.

message 33: by T.J. (last edited Jan 28, 2013 08:05PM) (new)

T.J. Generally, Christians substitute the word "religion" with "relationship." And I know (any true Christian would agree with me because it's in the Bible) homosexuality goes against God's wishes and what He wants for us. Does that mean He loves the person any less? Of course not! God's love never falters for that person but rather what that person is doing that goes against Him. Homosexuality is one of those things. But that doesn't make Him love them any differently. That's something that shouldn't be misconstrued.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

religon alwase canges stuff i think its pergiclty fine you cant chang it and most people do diserve to be happy i am biselxual myself...

message 35: by T.J. (new)

T.J. I've known people to change that way.
And this statement is irrelevant to this topic, Im just putting it out there, but just because something makes someone happy, doesn't make it right.
(Again, this is NOT in regard to this topic! Please, please don't miscontrue what I'm saying)

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

i know i mean like happy and in love with the guy/girl there with im not talking about drinking waaaay to much and smoking dope

message 37: by T.J. (new)

T.J. I know. I didn't mean it that way.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

howd you mean it then

message 39: by T.J. (new)

T.J. I just wasn't implying anything with drinking, etc unless you were just using that as an example. Never mind.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah it was an example that was all i dont think im gonna live long enufgh to see if i end up with a girl or guy....

........ .........

message 42: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
Shadowhunter Girl wrote: "Generally, Christians substitute the word "religion" with "relationship." And I know (any true Christian would agree with me because it's in the Bible) homosexuality goes against God's wishes and w..."

Well said.

message 43: by talltyrion (new)

talltyrion Good point; I honestly do believe that gay is good, not just what my religion tells me.

message 44: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
H99 wrote: "Where exactly in your Bible does it say that homosexuality is bad? I really am curious."

Leviticus 20:13
"If a man practices homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman, both men have committed a detestable act. They must both be put to death, for they are guilty of a capital offense." (NLT)

1 Corinthians 6:9-11
Don't you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don't fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality, or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people-none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God. Some of you were once like that. But you were cleansed; you were made holy; you were made right with God by calling on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. (NLT)

There are others, but here are two that use the exact term...meaning there is no wondering.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

i dont like that thats predugust god hates gays and hes suppost to love eveyone...

message 46: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
You're welcome.

message 47: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
Alex wrote: "i dont like that thats predugust god hates gays and hes suppost to love eveyone..."

He does love everyone, but that's just where he stands on the matter.

message 48: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (last edited Jan 29, 2013 02:40PM) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
(Disclaimer: These are my personal beliefs. You don't have to agree with me, but don't attack me for it.)

What I mean is, God loves everyone. Period. After all, He created us. But He has outlined a few things that He is against. Very clearly, as seen above. But I don't think that if you're gay He loves you any less. I guess it's kind of the same as the fact that when we do wrong things, He doesn't love us any less. He may be disappointed, but He doesn't love you any LESS. I would think about it in a parent type of way. When you do something wrong, your parents may be DISAPPOINTED that you did something wrong, but that doesn't change the fact that they love you. I hope that makes better sense. :)

(That disclaimer wasn't directed at you H99! Sorry if it sounded that way!)

message 49: by talltyrion (new)

talltyrion Disappointment is so much worse than not being loved.

message 50: by talltyrion (new)

talltyrion Know that they simply didn't love me would be less painful than knowing that they did and were disappointed.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8