Pokemon Professors United (PPU) discussion

Just for Fun > Nuzlocke

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Caleb (new)

Caleb Izard Just a place we cannput some updates from any nuzlocks we might be doing at the time.

message 2: by Summer (new)

Summer (wildskf) Last night I started my POKEMON DIAMOND Nuzlocke challenge .... here's my status so far :

Badges : 0
Deaths : 1
-- RIP Buck the Bidoof, lvl 6.

Team:
Dickens the Piplup, lvl 11
Alcott the Starly, lvl 9
Shakes the Budew, lvl 9
Bronte the Zubat, lvl 6
Shelley the Magikarp, lvl 6
Poe the Starly, lvl 4

message 3: by Summer (new)

Summer (wildskf) If you can't tell already, I'm nicknaming my Pokemon after famous authors :)

- also, my character's name is Books, and her rival is Assface.

message 4: by Caleb (new)

Caleb Izard Leaf green play through
Badges 4
Deaths 18:(
I have had a horrible time with one hit ko this time. And poor jojo the Mankey passed on last night. But I was able to get a rhyhorn goldeen and nidoking. I will soon take on the fushia gym

message 5: by Caleb (new)

Caleb Izard I forgot to tell you that if you encounter a shiny you are allowed to catch/use it

message 6: by Caleb (new)

Caleb Izard Update for my team so far
Mothra the venonat lvl 27
Boo the haunter lvl 25
Ratpack the raticate lvl 35
Chompy the golbat lvl 35
Henry the nidoking lvl 30
Fishy the goldeen lvl 25

message 7: by Summer (new)

Summer (wildskf) After the 1st Badge!

Badges : 1
Deaths : 2
--- RIP Bronte the Zubat, lvl 8

Current Team:

Austen the Machop, lvl 15
Dickens the Piplup, lvl 12
Shakes the Budew, lvl 13
Alcott the Starly, lvl 11
Tolkien the Geodude, lvl 10
Shelley the Magikarp, lvl 10

:)

message 8: by Summer (new)

Summer (wildskf) Dude, Venomoth is beast if you train him right :D

message 9: by The landmaster (new)

The landmaster (landonzea) | 74 comments yup, he is until he meets heatran O_O. (in which case you better start running)

message 10: by The landmaster (new)

The landmaster (landonzea) | 74 comments I've never heard of nuzlocke...is it just a form of gameplay?

message 11: by Caleb (new)

Caleb Izard It's a type of gameplay. You can only catch the first pokemon you encounter in an area. If a pokemon faints it is considered dead and must be released and you must nickname every capture. There are other optional rules but those are the main ones.

message 12: by Caleb (new)

Caleb Izard I'm really liking venonat so far. Just one more lvl to evolve lol. Poor jojo the Mankey and lobster the krabby died recently.

message 13: by Caleb (new)

Caleb Izard End of day update. I am beginning to lose hope as I can feel victory slipping through my fingers... Rip Mothra 25-31 and Boo 15-29:,(

message 14: by Summer (new)

Summer (wildskf) Landon wrote: "I've never heard of nuzlocke...is it just a form of gameplay?"

Yup, exactly what Caleb said. It was designed to make Pokemon more challenging and to have players use Pokemon they wouldn't normally have. Plus, it makes you care about Pokemon more because if they faint, that's it. If all your Pokemon faint, game over.

You can read more about it HERE and I definitely recommend watching Marriland's Pokemon Emerald Nuzlocke on YouTube (so addicting! better than watching real TV, imo)

I almost prefer Nuzlocke challenges to the actual gameplay now .3.

message 15: by Summer (last edited Dec 20, 2012 01:47PM) (new)

Summer (wildskf) Update : just level grinding for now.

Badges : 1

message 16: by Caleb (new)

Caleb Izard My nuzlock has become impossible to continue. I have had terrible luck concerning status effects and crit hits and am down to my golbat and nidoqueen. As I cannot possibly win and cannot stand to see any more of my pokemon die I will be starting over.

message 17: by Caleb (new)

Caleb Izard Leaf green 2.0
Name Caleb
Rival Blue
Badges 0
Deaths 0
Team Flint the charmander lvl 6

message 18: by Summer (new)

Summer (wildskf) Sorry you had such bad luck with your first nuzlocke challenge. I'll cross my fingers for you on this new one ! :)

message 19: by Caleb (new)

Caleb Izard Thank you Summer. So far its going pretty good. My team is growing very well.

message 20: by Summer (new)

Summer (wildskf) After 2nd badge!

Badges : 2

Team....

Dickens the Prinplip, level 18
Shelley the Gyarados, level 20
Alcott the Staravia, level 20
Shakes the Budew, level 18
Tolkien the Geodude, level 17
Austen the Machop, level 17

:)

message 21: by Caleb (new)

Caleb Izard Before badge 1
Deaths 0!!!
Team
Flint the charmeleon lvl 16
Vermin the rattata lvl 8
Plague the rattata lvl 8
Kong the Mankey lvl 8
Hive the kakuna lvl 8

message 22: by The landmaster (new)

The landmaster (landonzea) | 74 comments cool, you can have one of these games and a normal game as long as you dont save or turn the system off.

...I might try it...sounds like fun!

message 23: by The landmaster (new)

The landmaster (landonzea) | 74 comments I have never tried to buzz thru one of the games so far...a change of pace could be good...dang just realized...you wouldnt have very many pokemon, esp. in the beginning...

message 24: by Summer (last edited Dec 30, 2012 07:23PM) (new)

Summer (wildskf) Ahhhhhhhhh ;n;

RIP Tolkien the Geodude, Lvl 24

Badges 2
Deaths 3

Team now...

Dickens the Prinplup, lvl 24
Alcott the Staravia, lvl 23
Austen the Machop, lvl 22
Shakes the Budew, lvl 22
Asimov the Bronzor, lvl 24
Conrad the Ponyta, lvl 15

...... I loved Tolkien so much ;n;

message 25: by The landmaster (new)

The landmaster (landonzea) | 74 comments Um, question, what counts as an "area"? and what happens if you accidentally kill the first pokemon you meet in an area?

message 26: by Caleb (new)

Caleb Izard Areas are each route/city. And if you accidentally kill the first encounter you can't catch anything in that area.

message 27: by The landmaster (new)

The landmaster (landonzea) | 74 comments Okay, thanks!

message 28: by Summer (new)

Summer (wildskf) Running a Pokemon wedlocke ( a Nuzlocke variant ) on a copy of Soul Silver with a randomizer code for added lulz.

So far, I have one pair of wedded Pokemon...

Voorhees the Aron, lvl 12
Carrie the Pupitar, lvl 10

I used to read but now I don't It's bad I know (spark740) Haha. This is a cool thread.
I made it to Winona in my first and only nuzlocke. Then decided nuzlockes aren't my thing. They say you're supposed to get really attached to your pokemon, but its when I just start over the game and wage a campaign with no rules that I am really sad to shut it off.

message 30: by Caleb (new)

Caleb Izard I have had to take a break from nuzlock a cause I am trying to complete the national before x and y come out:/. I really want to get back into it tho