Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Story of My Life
This topic is about Story of My Life
Book Issues > Book description in Italian

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Grace (justonce) | 66 comments The blurb for the default edition should probably be in English.

Do non-librarians have a way to "flag" an issue without starting a discussion in this group? Seems like there could be a more efficient way to do this.

message 2: by Lobstergirl (last edited Dec 17, 2012 09:47PM) (new)

Lobstergirl No, this really is the best way. It's pretty efficient. It's the equivalent of flagging something.

Got the description.

Grace (justonce) | 66 comments Thanks for that! Although there's now an error in the English blurb - a stray comma (I realise it comes straight from the author's website, but I'd be inclined to fix it anyway).

"shopping Chanel falling in and out of, lust,"

should be "shopping Chanel, falling in and out of lust,"

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 44644 comments Mod
Fixed the stray comma.

message 5: by Jim (new)

Jim The default description problem should probably be looked at. When a librarian adds a non-English description, they tend to click the 'Set this as the default description' button, thinking they are setting the default for a given language, but unfortunately, this changes the description for all editions that are using the default, no matter what the language of the edition.

A possible solution would be to have a second button for default descriptions that would specify which language the default applies to. Right now, as in this Italian description, it's chaos out there. Should really be looked at since GR is expanding into international markets.

Grace (justonce) | 66 comments http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/88... Same issue for this book, but was told in another thread that the default edition could not be changed. Should the description be changed to the English one, or is it preferable for it to be in Indonesian since that's the most popular edition on Goodreads?

message 7: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments Grace wrote: "http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/88... Same issue for this book, but was told in another thread that the default edition could not be changed. Should the description be changed to t..."

The edition language is Indonesian so I would keep the description in Indonesian as well. I have removed the default description so each edition has its own version now.