SLCLS Genre Study discussion

Catherine Coulter
This topic is about Catherine Coulter
Mystery Subgenres > FBI Suspense/Mystery

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sonja (new)

Sonja I just finished Catherine Coulter's THE MAZE. It is the second book in her FBI series. It was enjoyable except for some hard language.

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  (sarcare) | 58 comments I read a lot of the early books in that series, and found them to be pretty typical romantic suspense. As the series progresses, I found it harder to keep the characters straight. It also became more action/thriller and less romantic suspense, which lost my interest. She still keeps writing them though!

message 3: by Maureen (new)

Maureen | 4 comments I enjoyed the series more as the emphasis turned towards an FBI thriller, with less of the romantic elements. I have quite a few patrons who like the suspense aspects of these books, but don't care for the romantic scenes.

message 4: by Angie (new)

Angie I am not sure if Steve Berry fits in the category, but the Cotton Malone series is pretty good. I particularly enjoyed Alexandria Link (Book 2).

I also really like James Rollins' Sigma Force novels. They do have some harsh language, but the science and historical aspects of the stories are really intriguing.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  (sarcare) | 58 comments I actually liked the books with the romance in them better. A series I read that I really enjoyed that was similar was Suzanne Brockmann's Troubleshooter series, which actually had much more complicated plot strands and relationships that developed throughout the books. It isn't a series I reccomend often, because it tends to have more sex/violence/controversy than many folks indicate they prefer.

message 6: by Sonja (new)

Sonja I started one of Suzanne Brockmann's books awhile ago and couldn't get into it. I am probably one of those folks who doesn't want the sex/violence as much as a good who-done-it mystery.

message 7: by Heather (new)

Heather (h-town) | 37 comments Sarah wrote: "...Suzanne Brockmann's Troubleshooter series, which actually had much more complicated plot strands and relationships...more sex/violence/controversy than many folks...prefer."

Thanks, Sarah! I'm gonna try one. Sounds right up my alley.