Indie-Licious discussion

Reading > Recommend an Indie

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Court (new)

Court (courtyoung) | 89 comments Mod
Share with us your favorite indie book and author! There are many out there and I love discovering new writers and series.

message 2: by Carey (new)

Carey Heywood | 6 comments Two of my absolute favorite books this year were:

After Forever Ends by Melodie Ramone

And

Mythology by Helen Boswell

Both by Indie authors :)

message 3: by Marie (new)

Marie Godley (mariegodley) | 7 comments Jennifer Loiske - Shapeshifter series - Imminenece and Seduction are out now.

The Pirate Ghost (Formerly known as the Curmudgeon) (pirateghost) If your a sci-fi fan, loved Star Wars, even Geeked out to Andromeda in the early days of the Scy-Fy channel, then you might want to try the Spinward Fringe Series by Randolph Lalonde. He's an Indie-Author who writes out of Canada and this series is fantastic. I think it's better than Wool (Omnibus) by Hugh Howely.

Origins (Spinward Fringe) by Randolph Lalonde Spinward Fringe Triton by Randolph Lalonde Spinward Fringe Fracture by Randolph Lalonde Spinward Fringe Frontline by Randolph Lalonde Spinward Fringe Resurrection and Awakening by Randolph Lalonde Spinward Fringe Fragments by Randolph Lalonde The Expendable Few - A Spinward Fringe Novel by Randolph Lalonde Freeground (First Light Chronicles, #1) by Randolph Lalonde Limbo (First Light Chronicles, #2) by Randolph Lalonde Spinward Fringe Broadcast 7 Framework by Randolph Lalonde

message 5: by Maria (new)

Maria | 10 comments I have so many favourite indie authors, but if I have to pick one, it would be Darcia Helle, she writes suspense/thrillers. I've read quite a few of her books and can't choose a favourite.

message 6: by Shakeisha (new)

Shakeisha Zelma (gullygoddess) | 1 comments I recently read The Other Girls Get Lucifer Everyday The Other Girls Get Lucifer Everyday (T.O.G.G.L.E #1) by Anon Beauty . It was really good. It incorporated action, suspense, drama, and romance and just had a really good story with a narrator who you could connect to. The book is about three girls who live in Pakistan with their abusive Al Queda father, and their drugged out mother. The girls view him as Lucifer. So, the oldest sister secretly trains the other sisters to take down the father. I honestly recommend it.

message 7: by Matt (last edited Dec 18, 2012 01:28PM) (new)

Matt | 2 comments I'm biased but I recommend my wife Jamie Canosa's book Dissidence. It just reached #63 on teen scifi books on Amazon! If you liked Hunger Games or Divergent you will like this book :) Thanks!

message 8: by Mia (new)

Mia Darien (mia_darien) I adored the Oracle of Delphi books by Diantha Jones, the Bakkian Chronicles by Jeffrey Poole, and the Flash Gold stories by Lindsay Buroker -- although I'm a book behind on those last two!

All three are fantasy, though the first two have contemporary time angles and the third is Steampunk era stuff.

message 9: by Judy (new)

Judy Goodwin | 8 comments I recommend Susan Ee and Lisa Long for their YA fantasy novels:

Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee
Gifted A Donovan Circus Novel by Liz Long

message 11: by Jade (new)

Jade Varden (jadevarden) I really liked Angel Dance by M. D. Grayson. It's a very action-packed mystery.

Angel Dance (Danny Logan Mystery, #1) by M.D. Grayson

Angel Dance

message 12: by Darlene (new)

Darlene Jones (darlene_jones) | 3 comments I liked The Wind Weeps by Anneli Purchase