Indie-Licious discussion

Writing > Authors: Tell us about your book!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 72 (72 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Court (new)

Court (courtyoung) | 89 comments Mod
Feel free to share details about your book here!

message 2: by Bronsen (new)

Bronsen Hawkins (indiesentreader) | 4 comments My book, Surviving: High School, is a YA fiction about a highschooler who is trying to get his life back to normal after the death of his father. He is struggling with being who he was and who his father would have wanted him to be. And all that is topped with him having to deal with all the pressures that high school naturally has.

All in all I welcome anyone to read it, and I love reviews.

message 3: by Court (new)

Bronsen wrote: "My book, Surviving: High School, is a YA fiction about a highschooler who is trying to get his life back to normal after the death of his father. He is struggling with being who he was and who his ..."

Thanks for sharing!!!!

message 4: by Stan (last edited Dec 18, 2012 12:54AM) (new)

Stan Morris (morriss003) | 7 comments Sarah's Spaceship Adventure Sarah's Spaceship Adventure by Stan Morris

When Sarah Talmaiz, sneaks out of the house one night to go riding with her boyfriend on his parent's space yacht, she expects to be back before her parents wake up. But her boyfriend turns out to be a jerk, and when the time comes to take 'no' for an answer, he doesn't. Luckily, the yacht is disabled by space debris, and Sarah is rescued by a young merchant, Pall Swiftcar, who takes her aboard his freighter. Unluckily, there has been a misunderstanding, and the merchant thinks they are married. While Sarah sleeps, he sets course for the asteroid belt (the hoop). Sarah is about to encounter several asteroids inhabited by people of very different cultures, and she is going to experience danger, hard work, and romance.

message 5: by Metaphorosis (new)

Metaphorosis (metaphorosisreviews) The Speed of Winter is a dark SF novella. The Speed of Winter (Four Seasons quintet, #1) by B. Morris Allen

A crowded Earth sends out a few arkships as a desperate hedge against extinction. One such ship reaches its destination, only to find the planet is uninhabitable. The story follows the life of Elise, the only child born amongst a crew struggling to find hope in dire circumstances.

Contains adult situations. Not suitable for children.
This is the first of a series exploring the fates of different arkships, and of the people left on Earth.

message 6: by E.M. (last edited Dec 18, 2012 02:54PM) (new)

E.M. Tippetts (emtippetts) | 10 comments In January I'll release the sequel to my chick lit novel, Someone Else's Fairytale, so here I'll tell you about Fairytale (I've got other books out as well):

Jason Vanderholt is the hottest actor in Hollywood. Chloe Winters is a college student who hasn't bothered to see most of his movies. When they meet by chance he is smitten and she becomes the woman every other woman in America is dying to be, but it just isn't her fairytale.

Readers have been very generous with this book, both in terms of sales and reviews, and for that I'm most grateful! The sequel is called Nobody's Damsel and will be out Jan. 5.

Someone Else's Fairytale by Emily Mah Tippetts Nobody's Damsel by Emily Mah Tippetts

message 7: by Carey (new)

Carey Heywood | 6 comments My book A Bridge of Her Own A Bridge of Her Own by Carey Heywood is about coming up with a plan B when you never thought plan A wouldn't happen. It is Mature YA :)

message 8: by Marie (new)

Marie Godley (mariegodley) | 7 comments I have 3 children's books published - for under 5's to age 10. The Special Christmas Bear was my first and they are all non violent.

message 9: by Jill (new)

Jill Cooper (jill_cooper) | 9 comments Glistening Haven, a Dystopian Thriller: Racism, segragation, obsession with beauty, it's all fair game in this fun high octane novel about love, betrayal, politics, and big brother.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YXE8S...

message 10: by Robin (new)

Robin Murphy (murfett) | 1 comments Sullivan's Secret
Secret of the Big Easy

My paranormal mystery series involves,ghost investigations, psychic mediums, spirit guides, and murder.

message 11: by Cindy (new)

Cindy Lyle (cindylyle) The Dragon Within

Deep within the mortal world of Eiddoril, war rages and the blood of innocents flows freely. Once ruled by the four elements—Earth, Fire, Water and Air—Eiddoril was a peaceful, beautiful land. Now, after three hundred years of being ravaged by an evil lord and abandoned by their true gods, the people and land of Eiddoril are dying.

In the kingdom of Gareth, an orphan girl is raised as one of the royal family. But when she begins to have vivid nightmares of a past that is not hers, she cannot help but wonder if she is somehow a part of that past. But how? Her questions lead her to Fitch, an old magic user, who helps her discover a shocking truth. Karah is not human, but instead part of a long-forgotten race charged with the responsibility of saving her realm. Armed with a desire to seek the truth, Karah sets out on a dangerous quest to defeat a deadly enemy.

In this fantasy tale, Karah must somehow find the strength to fulfill a destiny that has the potential to forever silence the dragon within. She cannot fail. The future of the world depends on her.

I would love to hear from anyone who has read my book.
Happy reading everyone!

message 12: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Torrey | 1 comments Hi everyone! Thanks for this group! :)
My debut YA is Teen Fury: Unleashed. (I'm sorry, I have no idea how to link it??)
Here's the blurb:

Adopted at birth, fifteen year old Felicia Murphy has no idea she’s the offspring of a Fury and a god of Mercy. The discovery will soon shatter her world...

Felicia’s reputation as stable and trustworthy means everything if she’s to win the grant for the troubled kids she mentors.

Snakes emerging from her head, massive mood swings, and a strong thirst for vengeance do not fit into her plans. She has no time to worry about her adoptive parent’s separation and the unwanted discovery that her biological parents are supernatural freaks. She can’t confide in her friends; who would believe her?

As her life spins out of control, she allows herself to be distracted by the two new guys who are suddenly showering her with attention, pulling her in different directions.

Felicia has choices to make. Embrace the Fury and risk everything, or find a way to tame the beast.

It's currently on sale for only 99 cents on all of the ebook retailers. Or if you're interested in a free copy in exchange for an honest review, please contact me on Goodreads or my email: amandatorreyauthor@hotmail.com

Thanks so much! :)

~Amanda :)
http://bit.ly/PvCdpQ (My book on B&N)

message 13: by Maria (last edited Dec 18, 2012 12:25PM) (new)

Maria | 10 comments I have 8 books published. Three are short story collections and 5 are novels. My latest novel is a psychological thriller, Haunted,

Haunted by Maria Savva

I have books in different genres, including drama, family saga, contemporary romance. You can find more details on my website: http://www.mariasavva.com

message 14: by Court (new)

Alexis wrote:
click the "add book/author" button just above your comment box. Type in your name or the name of your book..."

Thanks Alexis for the awesome tip!
I agree... so much variety and talent!
Thanks for sharing your works with us!!

message 15: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 3 comments My book:
Delta Project: Hide

D005 has been a part of a secret government program known as the Delta Project her entire life. She has been genetically modified to be stronger, faster, smarter and to heal faster. Trained in hand-to-hand combat, weaponry and battle tactics, she has been worked to physical and mental exhaustion every day of her life. Raised without love or care of any kind, she has no idea what it means to be happy – to be free. And now she has run away. But then she wakes up on the rocky shore of the Missouri River with no memory of how she got there, or why there are bullet wounds, scratches and bruises riddling her body. Her entire past has become a blank sheet except for a recurring nightmare of her running through the woods with dogs chasing her and voices shouting at her that she can never hide. As she struggles to understand the kind of life she has never had, emotions she has never felt before, and the mystery of her past, she is helped by Brianna Hartman and Reid Phelps – the two teenagers who discover her. When she goes to live with Brianna at the Hartman Ranch, she must also learn to deal with Bri’s brother, the gruff Cormac Hartman, who is running from his own past. He seems to hate her from the word go, but when she discovers his crude attitude is just his way of dealing with the hurt he is feeling, she decides to make it her mission to draw him back into life. Then a mysterious stranger comes to the ranch and her new world comes crashing down around her as her past comes back to haunt her

message 16: by Jessica (new)

Jessica McQuay (jessica27) | 7 comments Black Moon is a YA/NA Paranormal Fantasy

Black Moon (Paige Tailor Series, #1) by Jessica McQuay

"Am I losing my mind?"

Paige couldn't help but question her sanity. What other explanation could there be for her hearing a conversation held barely above a whisper in the back of a classroom full of students? What about coming home to find one of those very classmates lying in wait in the darkness of her home, ready to attack her?

Confused, frustrated and feeling every ounce of her social ostracism, Paige confides in the one person she's always been able to count on: her mom. But when her mom reveals a deeply rooted, unbelievable family secret, Paige discovers her world is filled with more than she ever imagined possible. A world where fairytales live alongside nightmares and secrets are the glue that binds them together. Suddenly no one is who they seem and Paige is faced with more questions than answers. Can she survive in a world filled with creatures scarier than anything she could imagine and where deceit runs as thick as blood? Or will the truth send her over the edge?

message 17: by Paul (new)

Paul Guildea | 6 comments In the dawn of a Winter Solstice, two sets of lovers caressed. One caressed lips and skin in a hidden forest, the other, a sun caressing stone carvings inside the burial chamber of Newgrange. And both lined eternity with their actions.

One day an orphan found her family, and soon discovered wings, Hybrid blood and a hidden chest of inner talents. Talents so dark, they could stop a breath.

In the world of creations, a half-angel, half-human Hybrid played the air with her fingers like a classical pianist. Entangled between her fingers, on laced strips of leather, hung red Pebbles that could unlock whole worlds.
Alex tumbled into a snow lapped graveyard. Wounded, bloodied and now lost in her identity. She could but make one choice, one decision. However, how far would she go to find herself, and what would it cost?

The cost would be more than she ever dreamed!

In the dawn of a Winter Solstice, two sets of lovers caressed. One caressed lips and skin in a hidden forest, the other, a sun caressing stone carvings inside the burial chamber of Newgrange. And both lined eternity with their actions.
~~~~
One day an orphan found her family, and soon discovered wings, Hybrid blood and a hidden chest of inner talents. Talents so dark, they could stop a breath.
~~~~
In the world of creations, a half-angel, half-human Hybrid played the air with her fingers like a classical pianist. Entangled between her fingers, on laced strips of leather, hung red Pebbles that could unlock whole worlds.
~~~~
Alex tumbled into a snow lapped graveyard. Wounded, bloodied and now lost in her identity. She could but make one choice, one decision. However, how far would she go to find herself, and what would it cost?

The cost would be more than she ever dreamed!

http://www.paulguildea.com/

message 18: by Karli (new)

Karli Rush (karlirush) | 2 comments Crescent Bound Crescent Bound (Crescent Bound, #1) by Karli Rush
NA Paranormal Romance.

Alyssa Worthington is the daughter and sole heir to the most prestigious coven in the witch world. Her childhood has been spent in the mundane human world learning to blend in and hide who she truly is, and it is here, during her last year that she meets a striking ex-high school quarterback from a small town in Montana who will turn her world upside down.

Alyssa holds the element of fire, unlike her best friends Lisa and Megan, who are both air elementals. It is the elemental powers that reside inside which require positive thoughts and positive actions in order to maintain this magickal connection. What would happen to a witch that let this get out of control? How can evil become the driving force behind revenge and death?

Dark secrets, dark magick and a desperate desire for revenge will bring Alyssa to the brink of destruction. She is being chased, but this pursuit is a silent one and her chaser has but one goal, Alyssa’s complete and total destruction. Will she overcome this dark threat and begin to live out her destiny? Will she survive and if so, will she lose herself as part of the price for being alive? Or, will her destiny rest on being crescent bound?

This a an 18+ Trilogy

Book 1 - Crescent Bound
Book 2 - Raven Bound
Book 3 - Demon Bound - Release date Friday, 12-21-12

message 19: by Cheri (new)

Cheri (cherilasota) | 6 comments Excited to learn about everyone's books! I've got one YA novel, Artemis Rising, that just got a new cover--though I've not gotten it up on Goodreads as yet! Artemis Rising

This story is an unusual twist on two ancient mythologies.

On the voy­age home to the Azores Islands, Eva accepts the pagan name of Arethusa but learns too late that her life will mir­ror the Greek nymph's tragic end. Her mother reveals that her des­tiny lies with Diogo, the shipowner's volatile son. But Eva has a vision of another...

When the ship founders in a storm off the coast, Tristan, a local boy, saves her life and steals her heart. Destined to be with Diogo yet aching for Tristan's for­bid­den love, Eva must some­how choose between them, or fate will choose for her.

I also have a contemporary short story out on Amazon called Mending Time.

Jack walks Aurelia home every day from her college classes. She just doesn't know it. What will it take for her to notice him? Is he willing to take the risk and accept the consequences?

message 20: by D.J. (last edited Dec 20, 2012 10:31AM) (new)

D.J. | 10 comments I would love to know what you think of my first book for children!

Join Max and Laura on their first adventure in The Portal Series as they discover what rainbow corices are capable of and run into a bit of bother with a gang of albino slugs…just an average day in Realand.
Realand (The Portal Series #1) by D.J. Kirkby Realand is suitable for independent reading by children 7 years and up.

message 21: by Alan (new)

Alan (coachmt) | 2 comments My first were the Mother-Earth series, three MG/YA Fantasy/Adventure (I know, lots of slashes!) that have been very well received by all ages.
A Measure of Disorder (Mother-Earth, #1) by Alan Tucker A Cure for Chaos (Mother-Earth, #2) by Alan Tucker Mother's Heart (Mother-Earth, #3) by Alan Tucker
My newest came out in November and it's YA SciFi/Adventure
Knot in Time by Alan Tucker
Here's the back cover copy:
My name is Darius Arthur Heisenberg, but most people call me Dare. If my last name sounds familiar, it’s probably because of my great-great uncle Werner Heisenberg. He was a physicist who came up with something called the Uncertainty Principle. But listen, Uncle Werner had no idea how uncertain things really are.

I work for a group, called the Keepers, that label themselves the custodians of time. And, believe me, time is a mess. It needs all the custodians it can get. Which is, of course, why the Keepers selected me, a nineteen-year-old high school dropout, to join them. I recently worked as a janitor for a couple months. Perfect fit, right?

Okay, it didn’t make much sense to me either, but I wasn’t in a position to turn down a steady job and a roof over my head. Besides, all I’m supposed to do is travel through time and save the universe as we know it, how hard could it be?

Yeah, better hold on. This could get ugly.

message 22: by Leonardo (new)

Leonardo Noto (leonardonoto) | 6 comments Hi,

I'm a physician and the author of three works: The Life of a Colonial Fugitive (historical thriller), The Cannabinoid Hypothesis (medical/crime novel), and Intrusive Memory (my memoir). The Life of a Colonial Fugitive is free on Kindle from 20-24 DEC 2012 if anyone is interested!

http://www.amazon.com/The-Life-Coloni...

Best,
Dr. Leonardo Noto The Life of a Colonial Fugitive by Leonardo Noto The Cannabinoid Hypothesis by Leonardo Noto Intrusive Memory by Leonardo Noto

message 23: by Sara (new)

Sara Burr (sarafurlongburr) | 12 comments Hello,

My first book Enigma Black (Book 1) is a Science Fiction/Dystopian/Romance about a young woman's quest for retribution after the murders of her family at the hands of an unknown entity.

Here is the full synopsis:

When she was just seventeen, the course of Celaine Stevens' life was permanently altered with the murders of her father, mother, and brother in one of a series of mysterious and violent explosions occurring across the country. Struggling with picking up the pieces, she's haunted by the memory of that day and her promise of retribution against those responsible for her misery. But just as she seems to be getting her life back on track, an encounter with a mysterious stranger promises her the vengeance she desires, ultimately turning the former target into the assassin.

However, as she soon learns, all choices come with consequences. And the consequence of her choice threatens to destroy the very fabric of her being.

I also posted a book trailer in this forum.

Enigma Black can be found at:http://amzn.com/B00ABVO2ZC

As a special December promotion, I will be willing to gift the book to the first three people who send me a direct message on Goodreads with their e-mail address (so I can have it sent there).

Enigma Black (Enigma Black, #1) by Sara Furlong Burr

message 24: by Mellie (new)

Mellie (mellie42) Mine is about a young woman with a damaged past who tangles with a serial killer while on the hunt for an ancient Egyptian artifact. It's set in a steampunk London of 1860.

Nefertiti's Heart by A.W. Exley

message 25: by Greg (last edited Dec 26, 2012 01:05PM) (new)

Greg Baldwin | 12 comments My book is an epic fantasy in the vein of Lord of the Rings and Dragonlance.

Even heroes are eventually forgotten. But for those who become legend, be it for good or for evil, their tales are forever." --unknown bard.
An evil arises that threatens the very essence of all living things. A champion bearing two powerfully enchanted black swords rises up to meet this threat head on. With the help of three of his friends and two loyal bronze dragon companions he will travel the world and battle deadly enemies in hope of saving that which we all hold dear...Life itself.BlackBlade: The Forging of a Legend

message 26: by Thomas (last edited Dec 26, 2012 02:00PM) (new)

Thomas Hay (wwwthomaslhaycom) | 36 comments Hello, is it me you are looking for? "An Abduction Revelation" is my previous memoir transformed into a Sci-fi novel. But is the Sci-fi novel really Sci-fi? www.thomaslhay.com.

message 27: by Melodie (new)

Melodie Ramone (melodieramone) AFTER FOREVER ENDS is contemporary fiction. It's kind of being pigeon-holed as Contemporary Romance, but it's much more than that. A genre bender, really, it combines fictional memoir with a life-long romance and then throws in a twist of magical realism and paranormal that runs throughout the story.

Here's the official synopsis:
Orphaned by her mother and brushed off by her dad, fifteen year old Silvia Cotton has lived a lonely life. That is until her father moves the family from the Highlands of Scotland to the Midlands of Wales. It is there she is enrolled in Bennington, a private boarding school, and meets the charming and rebellious Dickinson twins, Oliver and Alexander. Her regrettable life is changed forever.

Locked into a fierce friendship with Alexander and lost to a whirlwind romance with Oliver, Silvia finds herself torn away from everything she thought she knew. Married too soon, she moves with Oliver to a rustic cabin deep in a Welsh wood and embarks upon a life she'd never planned for, surviving on hope she never knew existed and faith she never knew she had. She makes her way through university and onto a career, only to surrender her ambition to raising her children and living a life that was strikingly "normal". But what is normal? Certainly not what ensues in the wood.

True love, faeries, friendship, loves lost and gained. Old magic, fate, doubt, strength and courage, Silvia's story could belong to anyone, but it is her own. Simple yet extraordinary, told with wit and candor, Silvia recalls a life of joy and sorrow, laughter and tears. As she unravels the tangled web of her days, she reveals the secrets that exist in an ancient wood, how hearts given freely can become the stuff of magic, and how true happiness is never any further than one's own back garden.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16...

message 28: by Galen (new)

Galen Watson | 2 comments The Psalter is a Wilbur Smith meets Umberto Eco religious thriller/ historical fiction. The modern-day thriller weaves in and out of a 9th century historical fiction until they merge at the denouement.

A medieval prayer book, a religious prophecy, and a forgery that changed the church—forever.

Father Romano has run afoul of the modern inquisitors before. This time, it leads to a medieval manuscript and murder. Was it an ordinary theft gone wrong or something more? The Carabinieri in Rome would like to know.

Michael Romano is an American priest working in the Vatican's Secret Archives with a penchant for stepping over the line. Church Inquisitors have noticed -- and they aren’t happy. Nevertheless, Romano is also the Church’s senior paleographer, an expert in ancient manuscripts, and his expertise is needed to examine a ninth-century codex known as a Psalter.

Father Romano’s examination leads him into the past as he uncovers an historical narrative of medieval forgeries, Saracen invasions and a legendary fight for the richest kingdom on earth. Yet he has unwittingly become a target for those who will stop at nothing to possess the secret of the Psalter.
The Psalter by Galen Watson
Galen Watson

message 29: by Judy (new)

Judy Goodwin | 8 comments My name is Judy Goodwin, and I've had some short stories out for a while in eBook form, but now I've just published my debut novel, entitled "Heart of the Witch." This is a fantasy novel with romance and adventure in a world similar to our own in colonial times.

Heart of the Witch by Judy Goodwin

In a town struck by witch hunting fever, Zerrick Dhur holds a deadly secret. Magic stirs in his soul, and dreams call him to a mysterious woman, deep in the jungle of the newly colonized land. Driven to flee the civilized lands, he finds both friends and enemies, searching for the heart of magic. As he journeys deeper, the question remains. Will his powers lead him to good? Or to evil?

message 30: by Court (new)

I wish I had more time to read! My TBR list is steadily growing! Thanks for sharing your works with us!

message 31: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Hay (wwwthomaslhaycom) | 36 comments How often a song reminds us of a person, a place, or a time in our lifes. I used songs to spark memories in my memoirs and let them introduce my life events.

message 32: by Jade (new)

Jade Varden (jadevarden) Deck of Lies The Full Deck by Jade Varden
Deck of Lies: The Full Deck

I've recently released a boxed set edition of my YA series, Deck of Lies. It's a mystery series that begins with a single lie. Once it's uncovered, Rain Ramey finds that it's just one thread in a tapestry of deception. In her attempts to unravel it, she'll end up destroying all the worlds she knows.

message 33: by James (new)

James Wymore (jameswymore) | 10 comments My book, Theocracide, just came out. It's a literary sci-fi full of intrigue in a world where people can see anything they want all the time.

message 34: by Darlene (new)

Darlene Jones (darlene_jones) | 3 comments Hi,

Abby believes the clickings she hears in the fillings of her teeth are messages from aliens. She's right!
Embraced by Darlene Jones
www.emandyves.com

message 35: by Thomas (last edited Jan 13, 2013 08:58AM) (new)

Thomas Hay (wwwthomaslhaycom) | 36 comments I transformed my memoirs into a sci-fi novel, "An Abduction Revelation." My ex had always claimed we had been abducted by aliens. I never believed her. But, I got to thinking "what if she was right?"
I've read how excited authors get when their Kirkus Review is out. They said it is "an oddly compelling book."
In case your curious www.thomaslhay.com

message 36: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah Martin (martinbeks) | 2 comments Stella, a clandestine spy for the CIA, returns to her family when she hears of her sister, Riley's, divorce. While home, the son of a pair of Russian mobsters takes his revenge by kidnapping her nieces. With her partner, David, best friend, Stan, and the rest of the CIA helping her, Stella and Riley race against the clock to get the girls back safely.

Sugar and Spies by Rebekah Martin

message 37: by Virginia (new)

Virginia McKevitt (virginiamckevitt) | 1 comments Book two of Fracture The Secret Enemy Saga, The Hunted, is now available at Amazon and Smashwords as an e-book. Paperback will soon be available also. The beta readers have given it a thumbs up!
Blurb:
The city of New Orleans has more than hurricanes to worry about in this fast paced and exciting paranormal mystery. The Couton have found the city and have taken it for their own. Now it is up to Tegrin and Kristina to rid the famous city of its new inhabitants before the body count rises.
“Are not all legends based on a truth? She is here. She has been born of the blood from both worlds but has been hidden from her true calling. We can feel her magic. It pushes at us from beyond the veil Priestess, and as for the assassin, his weakness is the one he is sworn to protect. They walk as one.”
“Then that is what will destroy them both.”
Joey looked around the room. Who was she talking to? They were alone. She was crazy, more crazy than Billy. A list of horror movies raced through his mind at lightning speed; replacing his anger with an emotion he thought had died long ago, fear.
She leaned back over Joey, grasping the arms of the chair for support. He turned his face away from hers, fear filling his eyes. Tears ran down his face and soaked into the collar of his shirt. She straddled him again and turned his face towards her, stroking his cheek gently.
“Now, now bodyguard. Don’t be afraid. Let’s finish this.”
http://www.amazon.com/Hunted-Fracture...

message 38: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Bailey | 6 comments Thanks so much for creating a place for indie authors! My debut novel, Finding Lucas, is available on Amazon as both an ebook and in paperback.

http://www.amazon.com/Finding-Lucas-e...

Can you ever really go back to the past?

After five long years of living with Derek, her former bad-boy-turned-metrosexual boyfriend, Jamie Ross finally reaches her breaking point. She's had enough of his sneering disdain for her second hand wardrobe, unusual family and low-paying job as the associate producer of Chicago's sleaziest daytime talk show. When her new boss plans a segment on reuniting lost loves, Jamie remembers Lucas, her first love and the boy she'd lost ten years earlier. Spurred on by her gang of quirky friends, Jamie goes on a hilarious, disastrous and life changing hunt to track Lucas down. But are some loves best left behind?

message 39: by Mary (last edited Jan 13, 2013 06:09PM) (new)

Mary McCoy-Dressel (mary-j-mccoy-dressel) Howdy, Ma'am, Book #1 from the Bull Rider series. Sensual Contemporary Romance.

What happens when classy takes a trip with rowdy?

Take one sexy bull rider who needs publicity. Bring in a feisty Italian who’s known the good life, and happens to be a photographer. She agrees to travel the circuit with him for a season.

Velia Armano left Chicago and an abusive husband, and moved to Tucson, Arizona to start over. Caulder McCutchen is recovering from a tremendous loss less than two years ago, but winning the coveted buckle consumes him. They both have obstacles to overcome. Staying out of each other’s arms is only one of them. When the season ends, who wins the real prize?

Available at Smashwords, Apple, and Kobo Now. Will be at other major retailers like B&N, Sony, and Diesel soon.
Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Howdy-Maam-Ride...

You can find an extended description on the book page.Howdy Ma'am, Book # 1 Howdy Ma'am, Book # 1(Bull Rider Series) by Mary J. McCoy-Dressel

message 40: by Mary (new)

Mary McCoy-Dressel (mary-j-mccoy-dressel) Hi, Courtney, Can we add books to the bookshelf at the bottom of the main page? Thanks!

Courtney wrote: "Feel free to share details about your book here!"

message 41: by Court (new)

Everyone: feel free to add your books to our shelf! :)

message 42: by Larry (new)

Larry Kollar (lkollar) | 12 comments Which one should I talk about? I have three launched, and a fourth ready to go at the end of the month.

White Pickups by Larry Kollar My first novel, White Pickups, is about surviving in the weirdest apocalypse ever. It has some great reviews so far, all 4- or 5-star. I'd recommend it for mature audiences (17+), as it does have a lot of rude language and a couple of fairly explicit sex scenes. I'm calling it "paranormal" for lack of a better genre. The conclusion, Pickups and Pestilence, is in beta and is slated for launch is late April.

Accidental Sorcerers by Larry Kollar My newest launch (yesterday!) is Accidental Sorcerers, a YA fantasy novella. An untrained boy awakens an ice dragon, lives to tell about it, and that's just the beginning. This one is OK for ages 12 and up. It doesn't pretend adolescent temptations don't exist, but the focus is on honor, love, and loyalty.

message 43: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Poston (ashposton) Infamous No book cover yet (unveiling is Feb 5th!!)... INFAMOUS is a NA/Matura YA about an eighteen-year-old suffering through her Mom's wedding while still grieving over the death of her bar-owning father. And its about falling in love with the wrong person at the wrong time, and living with the consequences.

message 44: by Larry (new)

Larry Kollar (lkollar) | 12 comments The Crossover by Larry Kollar I've just released The Crossover, a fantasy novella about two adventurers thrown into a world where nothing is familiar (at first).

It's free on Smashwords. It's on Amazon, too, but it's 99c there until price-matching kicks in.

message 45: by Court (new)

I am loving all of these!!!!

message 46: by Colee (new)

Colee Firman (coleefirman) | 2 comments My second book is Sanctify (Unbinding Fate #2)

Sanctify (Unbinding Fate #2) by Colee Firman

The Overseer’s Stone is destroyed and all of the Scattered Akori are back. That’s exactly what Addy wanted. The part she didn’t bargain for was being swept away, landing in a fascinating world just under the surface of her own.

Addy finds herself in Greystone—the true home of the Akori. The search for a way back to Tremain proves to be a monumental task, with a roadblock at every turn. Unimaginable secrets from the past unravel, leaving Addy wondering if there’s anyone she can really trust.

Will mistakes from Eva and Andrew’s past be the end of them all? Old enemies resurface, forcing Addy and Tanner to make impossible decisions that will change everything.

Bonds are broken and new connections are forged in Sanctify—book two of the Unbinding Fate Series

message 47: by M. (new)

M. Lewis (mlauryllewis) The GRACE SERIES (Grace Lost #1, Tainted Grace #2) follows a group of survivors as they struggle to stay alive during a zombie apocalypse. Romance blooms while the living dead evolve beyond just shambling cravers of flesh. Intended for mature audiences only.
Grace Lost
tainted grace
tainted grace (The Grace Series, #2) by M. Lauryl Lewis

message 48: by Thaddeus (new)

Thaddeus White | 8 comments Bane of Souls is a tale of twists and turns, and follows a young man called Horst. Whilst visiting the city of Highford with his uncle he finds himself conscripted by the city's mages and abandoned by his uncle. He shortly afterwards finds that Highford is being terrorised by a spate of murders and that the killer has a particular taste for dead mages...

Bane of Souls Bane of Souls by Thaddeus White

Bane of Souls is stand-alone book, and a second stand-alone novel set in the same world is due out in the first half of 2013.

message 49: by Beth (new)

Beth Michele (bethmichelewriter) | 6 comments Hi all,

My debut New Adult novel Love Love will be released soon. Here is the synopsis, and thanks!
---------------

Gabrielle Willis is smart. She's funny. And oh yes, she's a bit klutzy.

When Gabrielle leaves sunny California bound for the energy of Manhattan, she was willingly leaving the life she had known, for the new life she would create. But was she really leaving something behind, or was she running away.

On the outside Gabrielle Willis has it all under control. A new life in Manhattan, a great roommate, and a good job. But she was haunted. Haunted by a a memory she's tried to forget, and by a family who's abandoned her. But what happens when what's on the outside is only an illusion, and in perfect contradiction to what's buried deep within.

Enter Dane Rhodes. He's gorgeous, smart, and sexy as hell. Just what Gabby wants, or so she thinks. But when she meets Brad Dixon, the sweet guy with the crooked smile, he begins to make her see that the very thing she is trying to run from, is the very thing that just may push her to see the light.

Love Love by Beth Michele

message 50: by Livi (new)

Livi Best (ol040388) | 1 comments Mannequin (Book One) by Olivia Best Mannequin

Please check out my new contemporary romance novella! It is the first book in a series; the second installment has an expected release date in May 2013.

"Mannequin" is unique in that it is set in the glamorous high fashion modelling industry in New York City. It is a fresh and young take on the erotic romance genre!

$2.99

Amazon.com link

Amazon.co.uk link

B&N link

----------------------------------------------------

Elodie Marais was a young orphan living in a small town in France when she was discovered by a model scout from London. Instead of moping over a broken heart, she chose instead to pursue a modelling career, with dreams of making it big. Though scars of memories past had prevented her from opening up to others, she soon learns that healing can occur if the right person comes along.

At 19 years old, Elodie is now living in Manhattan, working as a rookie model for one of the top agencies in the city. Her bad girl ways are challenged when she meets James, a handsome gentleman for whom she finds herself falling. But will her attraction to the devious Tyler, the charming male model of the moment, win out? Or will she simply revert to the former shell of herself, choosing her career over love?

Immerse yourself in this sexy and stylish world as you follow Elodie on her journey of self-discovery and romance.

« previous 1