Ask Rachele Alpine Anything and Everything discussion

Best Book of 2012

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachele (new)

Rachele Alpine | 3 comments Mod
What's the best book that you've read this year? Can you pick just one? I'm not sure I can!

message 2: by Evan (new)

Evan (evanroskos) | 1 comments Got an ARC of FORGIVE ME, LEONARD PEACOCK (Aug 2013) and it was mind blowing. Intense doesn't even begin to describe it.

message 3: by Claire (new)

Claire Caterer I loved the gorgeous writing and otherworldly quality of Nova Ren Suma's IMAGINARY GIRLS.

message 4: by Rachele (new)

Evan...the summary for that book gave me chills, but it does sound like it would make you think.

Claire...I LOVED Imaginary Girls. Nova's writing is beautiful! I was lucky enough to take a writing class with her. She's amazing!

One of my favorite books that I read this year would have to be WONDER. I went out and bought three more copies of it when I was done to pass on to friends/family.

message 5: by Claire (new)

Claire Caterer WONDER is on my TBR pile. I'm very psyched to read that. I know Nova in a virtual sort of way. She used to work as a production editor at Harper and would hire me to do freelance copyediting & proofreading. So when she announced she was leaving to write full time, I was so excited for her! Her first book, Dani Noir, was wonderful too--more of a MG feel. I'm sure her class was fantastic!

message 6: by Mindy (new)

Mindy McGinnis Ok I've got to ask - did you typo the title? 2012? ;)

message 7: by Caroline (new)

Caroline Haha, Mindy, good catch! Though based on the ARCs I've read so far, there is no way I'll be able to choose a favorite book of 2013.

I don't think I can possibly choose a favorite book of 2012, either, but I'll pick one of my favorites at random: CODE NAME VERITY.

message 8: by Mindy (new)

Mindy McGinnis I think mine would probably be CINDER. It really did blow me away. Also AFTER THE SNOW by S.D. Crockett. Not marketed a lot, but it was amazing.

message 9: by Rachele (new)

Ba ha ha! That was a typo...I think I am just excited for 2013 and all the debut books (and maybe it was subliminal in hopes the world will not end on Friday...kidding!).

I guess should change it! Dang those typos!

Ask Rachele Alpine Anything and Everything

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Dani Noir (other topics)