Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > Are you traveling for the holidays this year?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 62 (62 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11617 comments My family is staying home this christmas. It is baby Zayvion's first Christmas, so it's special for us (though probably not so much for him). My son is very excited about maybe, possibly, if the stars align, getting an XBox (finally!) from santa.

Anyone traveling this year?

message 2: by Misha (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer) I rarely travel for the holidays. My family all lives 2,300 miles away, and travel is too time consuming to just go for a couple of days, but no one has enough time off to make it worth the trip for me. I went one year for Thanksgiving and then just sat around my dad's house or wandered coffee shops alone while everyone was at work.

In lieu of traveling, I've started a tradition of throwing an "Orphan Christmas" for my colleagues who have to work at the newspaper on Christmas day. I usually have the day off and I live close to the paper, so I make a meal and invite them to drop by on their dinner breaks for some home cooking and pleasant company.

message 3: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24100 comments Mod
I always travel at Christmas. Almost always I go to the east coast, as I will be this year.

message 4: by evie (new)

evie (ecie) | 4258 comments We will spend a few days in Kiama on the south coast. This weekend coming, we will get together here with mum, and my sister and my nephew.I have two weeks off work and for most of it I will be here in Sydney. It's quiet around town during the break, a lot of people go away. Sometimes we can even get a parking spot at Bondi.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I have two weeks off as well. I am heading north to Port Macquarie.

message 6: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments Going to see family! I love when little gets to see all of his cousins. Apparently my oldest nephew is over 6 feet tall. He is going to tower over me and laugh about it. ♥

message 7: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) No travel. Safe at home. Hoping for huge snowstorm.

message 8: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments going to disney world for a week with all my kids and their spouses beginning jan 1. looking forward to it.

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments No travel, but one sister, one cousin, and my dad have all decided they're coming for various strange portions of the season. My sister arrives on the 28th. My father arrives on New Year's Day.

message 10: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Kevin wrote: "going to disney world for a week with all my kids and their spouses beginning jan 1. looking forward to it."

Excellent!

message 11: by Susan (last edited Dec 18, 2012 11:00AM) (new)

Susan | 6406 comments I am not jealous in the least of Kevin's trip to Disney World. Nope, not at all.

::dreams of how cool it would be to go to Disney World::

message 12: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11617 comments Susan, I found your dance partner!

message 13: by Cyril (new)

Cyril We're traveling after the holidays to pick up the little girl we're adopting in India.

message 14: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24100 comments Mod
Wow that's exciting.

message 15: by Riona (new)

Riona (rionafaith) | 488 comments I'm hoping to go to New Orleans in January. Just need to buy a plane ticket!

message 16: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments cyril - that is so cool and very exciting. where in india?

message 17: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments Congratulations, Cyril!

::dances with Dale::

message 18: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Congrats Cyril, safe travels.

message 19: by evie (new)

evie (ecie) | 4258 comments Excellent, Cyril.

message 20: by Rock (new)

Rock For the last 7 years I have taken my kindergarteners to local area nursing homes and sung christmas songs for the elderly there. It is such a joy. I will post pictures on my facebook account again this year. This kind of activity really brings home the idea of what the holiday season is all about.

Happy Holidays to you all!

message 21: by Jammies (new)

Jammies My parents are taking the whole famdamnily on a Disney cruise, followed by a day and a half at Disney World, so yes, I'm traveling this year.

message 22: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments Super fun! Get some mouse ears, Jammies!!

message 23: by Rock (new)

Rock Susan wrote: "Super fun! Get some mouse ears, Jammies!!"

mouse ears! Yiipppeeeee!!!

message 24: by Jammies (new)

Jammies Susan wrote: "Super fun! Get some mouse ears, Jammies!!"

I plan to get a Santa hat with mouse ears onnit!

Bun, I was surprised at how many places there are to be by yourself when you want to on a cruise, but I'd rather you were glad I was going than sad that you're not.

message 25: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments ^Even better, Jammies!

message 26: by Jammies (new)

Jammies And I just promised my friend Sherri that there would be pictures and snobservations.

message 27: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments I cannot wait to hear your report.

message 28: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments ::begins to craft a small version of Disney World for Bdubs to enjoy on her terms::

message 29: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Disney World in a snow globe.

message 30: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments Oooooooh.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Félix wrote: "Disney World in a snow globe.

"

You mean it's not real? Figures.

message 32: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) We're going to the Bay Area for a week.

message 33: by Cyril (new)

Cyril Kevin wrote: "cyril - that is so cool and very exciting. where in india?"

Thanks, everyone.

My wife is picking her up in Chennai, and then I'll meet them in Delhi to get her visa.

message 34: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments I'm going to my parents for christmas, but that doesn't count as traveling. They're less than an hour away.

message 35: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven)

message 36: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Cyril, that is so cool! I totally missed that. But, congratulations!!!

message 37: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments Félix wrote: ""

He's gone back to Spain, probably already shaved off the beard so he can grow a new one for next year.

message 38: by evie (new)

evie (ecie) | 4258 comments Pop in to Gnome world after it's all over.

message 39: by Daphne (new)

Daphne Q | 12 comments So happy to be home on a lovely rainy Christmas Day

message 41: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments Welcome back, Jammies! Sorry to hear about Mouse. :( We had a dog who got Vestibular Disease. He would only eat rice with hamburger mixed in off a fork that we used to feed him. We also used a towel under his belly, supporting his hind quarters like a sling as we held the ends to help him go to the bathroom.

message 42: by evie (new)

evie (ecie) | 4258 comments (((Jammies and Mouse)))

message 43: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Poor Mouse.

message 44: by Jammies (new)

Jammies Thanks, everyone! Even with the snow and the sick doggie, it's good to be home.

message 45: by Riona (new)

Riona (rionafaith) | 488 comments So my plans to go to New Orleans with my friend fell through, but now I'm going to be going to Colombia (alone!) for 3 weeks at the end of January. Excited!

message 46: by Jammies (new)

Jammies For Suz:

message 47: by Susan (last edited Jan 05, 2013 08:34PM) (new)

Susan | 6406 comments ::HEARTS JAMMIES::

:D

This delights me to no end!

message 48: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Congrats, Kyle!

message 49: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments Yes, congrats Kyle!

Now be super sweet to your wife because the last month of pregnancy sucks.

message 50: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Yeah, but the bun is about to double in size over the next 4 weeks. Sleep will be in short bursts between back pain episodes. And, her feet will swell with the slightest provocation. Add foot rubs and back rubs to the fanning and grape feeding!

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.