A Wild in Colbie discussion

Colbie beach-Make a wish > Rock pools-Beach-Colbie

Comments Showing 1-50 of 358 (358 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

message 1: by B L Jones (new)

B L Jones (bljonesbooks) | 3100 comments Mod
(Sit on rocks or search um people, maybe a left over wish will be there...wow that sounded disney like ;)

message 2: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh pulled into a parking space along the clearing of the rock pools. He opened his door and jogged over to open the door for Lily and Hope, helping them get out. He felt the sun glaring down on them and decided to put his sunglasses back on.

message 3: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments Lily again, thanked him.
"Mmummy Mummy! Look how pretty it is!" Hope yelled exicitedly, almost jumping up and down with her words.
"I know honey, you stay close though. You dont wanna get lost." She murmured, kissing the top of her daughters head gently before holding her hand.
"Lead the way." She said with a smile, looking at Josh.

message 4: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh nodded his head, locking the doors to his car. Once he lead them to the rock-pool he reached his hand out to hold Hope's free hand. "Don't want you slipping." he assured her, starting to walk further into the pools. He came to a stop a few feet in and crouched down, looking into a empty filling. "C'mere Hope, Can you see what's in the sand?" a sand crab skittered above the sand in the empty pool.

message 5: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments Hope grinned, swinging between the two happily. She giggled, just because Hope was Hope, and she simply just felt the need to laugh. Lily had removed her shoes, and rolled up the bottoms of her jeans, a smile on her lips as she watched her daughter. Hope bent down beside Josh her hands rested on her knees as her inqusitive eyes locked on the crab.
"Mummy! Mummy! Look!" Lily knelt down beside the little girl, also watching the crab.

message 6: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh reached his hand down into the watery sand, scooping up the crab along with a handful of sand. He brought the crab up to his face, looking at it. He nudged it toward the girls, excited to see their reactions of being so close to a little sand crab. "You can pet it, if you would like." he told Hope with amusement in his voice.

message 7: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments Hope looked up at Lily for reassurence and her mother nodded stroking a hand through her daughters hair. The little girl tentativly reached down and stoked the back of the crab, snatching her hand away after a few moments before looking up at her mum again. Leading the way, Lily also stroked the crab gently, a smile lighting up her whole face.

message 8: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) When Hope and Lily were done observing the sand crab, he put it back in the low rock pool gently. He stood up and wiped his wet hand on his jeans before offering it back to Hope and walking to another nearby pool. He crouched down by this one, his eyes lighting up. "I think you'll like this one a lot, Hope."

message 9: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments Hope took his hand happily, skipping along beside him happily. Hope knelt down beside him, curiously searching the waters of the pool before looking back up at him.
"Whats in it?" She questioned before returning her gaze to the rock pool again. Lily bent down beside her, also searching the pool curiously.

message 10: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh pointed to the sea star under the surface of the water, clinging to a rock. It was a orange tinted pink and as big as Hope's hand. "It's a starfish." he said softly. "We shouldn't take this one out of the water, though. We might hurt it."

message 11: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "Wow..." Hope breathed, bending over to get an even closer look at the sea star beneath the water.
"Its pretty." She said with a toothy grin. Lily watched happily, seeing her daughter in such a good mood, instantly put her in one.

message 12: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh nodded, silently agreeing with her. He heard the waves start to crash against the pools. He straightened up, looking at the coast. "We should start heading toward that ice cream I promised before the tide pulls in." he looked to Lily for conformation as he slipped his hand into Hope's once more.

message 13: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments Lily nodded, standing up and clutching Hope's hand in her own. Hope began to lead the way, pulling the two of them along.
"You should both hold hands." She commented, pulling away from both of their grasps and joining their hands together before running ahead and giggling as she went. Lily's face heated slightly.
"Sorry about her." She apologised yet again.

message 14: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh rubbed his thumb lightly against Lily's hand as he held it. "Nah, she's precious." He watched Hope run toward the car. He frowned, "Not so fast, Hope! You might trip." he winced at the thought. He was already protective over this little girl, and he had only known her for a few hours.

message 15: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "Thanks, for back there. Nobody really knows how to deal with her all to good since she has so much energy and a short attention span. But you managed to keep her interested and happy, so again thank you." Lily watched as Hope ignored Josh's warning and tripped over, but unlike normal children she brushed herself off and continued running.
"Atta girl Hope!" Lily called out with a light smile.

message 16: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh's hand tightened around Lily's when Hope tripped. He relaxed when she got up, unharmed. "When I was a teenager, I used to teach kids around her age how to swim at our community pool." he shrugged, turning to gaze upon Lily.

message 17: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "Really? " Lily questioned, glancing up at him.
"You dont really strike me as that type of guy." She admitted, sliding her gaze back to hope.
"Im actually still a teenager." She confessed without looking at him.

message 18: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) He stopped, pulling her to look at him. He used his free hand to touch her chin, making her meet his gaze. "What type of guy did you think I am? I'm only 21, so technically I'm still that guy." he raised a eyebrow at her.

message 19: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "Rich.Snobbish.Cocky.Arrogant." Lily blushed deeply.
"That was until after I saw how good you were with Hope though, so now my opinion is changing a little. She said with a light shrug.
"Im 19, just for the record." She managed a small smile.

message 20: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh turned back to the car and kept walking. He gave her a sidelong glance as she did so, "For the record, I had you pinned the second I saw you." he smirked, a few yards away from the car and Hope.

message 21: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "You did huh? And what would that be?" Lily questioned, one eyebrow arched as she looked up at him, watching Hope out of the corner of her eye to ensure her little girl didn't get up to no good as they continued to walk toward the car, closing the gap between them and the vehicle.

message 22: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh glanced at Hope before leaning in to whisper in Lily's ear, "Someone who had it going on in all the right places." He leaned back from her, grinning. "I'm starting to learn that my guess was also in the physiological sense as well." He backed away from her, chuckling. He used the button on his keys to open the doors.

message 23: by wanderer (last edited Dec 23, 2012 08:06AM) (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments Lily rolled her eyes slightly.
"Did I forget to mention I dont date? I'd be happy for you to be my friend though." She smiled sweetly. In all honesty it wasnt that she didnt want to date. It was the fact she didnt want to be used, and in addition she had her past, history which had to be explained at some point as well as other baggage which she would have hated another person to deal with. No, even if she wanted to, Lily didnt date, purely out of fear.

message 24: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) "You don't date?" Josh swinged Hope up into his arms, looking down at her. "Wasn't this a date, Hope? Your mum is breaking my heart." He started bouncing at the heel of his foot, bouncing Hope up and down as he waited for her response.

message 25: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "Mummy it was date." Hope informed her mother in the way that no adult could say no to. This caused another mild scowl along with an eyeroll.
"No I simply believe that you blackmailed me by getting on my daughters good side first. Since youve had experience with young children you know how hard it is to say no to them." Lily replied. She couldnt have possibly just had a...date..? could she? It was completley against her nature ti do so.

message 26: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh stopped bouncing Hope to look between the two of them. He set Hope back down on the floor to stand in front of Lily. He got down on one knee in front of her, as if he were to propose marriage. He looked up at her, a playful smile on his face and grabbed both of her hands. "Lily, I promise to respect all of your boundaries and pay for dinner. Will you go on a second date with me?"

message 27: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "A date. Not a second date." Lily stated smoothly, her jaw now set. She couldnt possibly say no with Hope standing only a metre away from them, her arms crossed as she studied her mother.
"Fine..." She said in exasperated tone, clearly not happy that he had found a way to break through her defense line in which she declined every mans offer for dinner. Most of them just asked and with a gentle let down gave up. None went through the trouble of going to her daughter first.

message 28: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) He stood up, grinning ear to ear. "Still a date." he sang, getting into his car. "What time should I pick you up?" he sat down on the leather seat, not believing his plan had worked. He was trying to pick out in his head the perfect place to take her. Nothing too over the top, that would overwhelm her. It had to be nice though.

message 29: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "Depends. I have to check if my parents can have Hope first." Lily stated, a fresh scowl still on her face.
"And this is a date as friends might I add." She declared firmly, reaching into her back pocket and retrieving her phone, swiftly texting her mother. A quick response came back as she returned the mobile to its original place.
"I'll drop Hope off at six, so any time after seven." She stated, leaving herself enough time to get ready.

message 30: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) "A date as friends? Keep telling yourself that, Lily." he popped up her chin. He frowned slightly, noticing Hope not having a safety seat. "I'll make sure to get her a car seat for next time." If I don't screw this date up. He turned to put on his seatbelt, safety first.

message 31: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments Who said there was going to be a next time? Were the words that were begging to escape Lily's mouth, but instead she simply nodded silently.
"And we are friends, are we not? I told you, I dont go on dates with romantic interests in mind." She persisted, strapping Hope in and then herself.

message 32: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) He gave her a sidelong glance before starting the car, "We'll see about that at the end of the night." He changed the shift in the car, backing out of the parking spot.
((Back to the town center? FF?))

message 33: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments ((Yea :) I'll post first :3))

message 34: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments Levi perched herself on one of the rocks overlooking the sea, her cardigan wrapped around herself firmly as she gazed out at the ocean that seperated them from the rest of humanity. She had moved here a few months ago, and although her stubborn attitude prevented her from saying it aloud- she felt calmer, more at peace here. The ordeal itself had happened over 6 months ago now. And she still suffered with the constant nightmare-reminders of her past. Levi brushed a stray strand of dirty blond hair from her seemingly blemish free skin, letting her mind wander and drift away from reality.

message 35: by ~*ЇÐℰℱẎṧℴ¢ḯεтƴ *~ (last edited Dec 23, 2012 06:48PM) (new)

~*ЇÐℰℱẎṧℴ¢ḯεтƴ *~ Coltan was walking slowly through the mounds of rocks, noticing how they dared to defy the raging waves of the sea; they sat un-moving, their cold edges pushing into the harsh wind, almost as if they were a rebellion army standing against the greater force. Coltan looked out at the sea, silly lyrics starting to form in his mind of a stone army. Smiling to himself, Coltan naturaly began to softly sing the words floating around his head, placing an imaginary tune to them. His voice rang soft and sad,

Standing strong, standing tall,
they are defiant
Rise against, rise above, those who dare prove they're strong enough
Rebel, rebel, my stone army,
no longer sinking,sinking,sinking

Coltan continued adding words to his lullaby, watching his footing as he climbed over more rocks. Suddenly he came to a stop, the words fading on his tongue. There, perched on a rock overlooking the thrashing sea, a girl sat, wisps of hair blowing around her face like a halo. She looked like a sad bird, stopping its flight to observe the beauty it craved.Suddenly Coltan was unsure of himself...should he continue on his treck, or make himself known?

message 36: by wanderer (last edited Dec 24, 2012 08:13AM) (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "I know your there." Levi's voice was deviod of any emotion, almost monotonious as she spoke. Never once did she flicker her gaze around to look at the newcomer, nor make any attempt to move. She simply remained in her chosen spot, eyes remaining on the raging seas as the ocean drew ever closer to her current place on the seemingly carved rock she had chosen to situate herself on.
After the aubduction, Levi had managed to earn the talent of recognising where everybody was at certain times. A blessing, in her opinion. Almost to ensure the same occurence was not placed upon her again. As the wind whipped through the air, she pulled her cardigan ever closer to her small, appearingly delicate frame, her hair only become more wild, the curls coming loose from the careless bun she had placed atop her head.
She tugged at the hem of the sleeves of her attire, her feet bare and her knees brought up to her chest, black leggings a stark difference to her almost white skin. Once upon a time she would have longed for her skin to be tanned and smooth. But now she was a living ghost. One that didnt care for appearence no more. She had placed her shoes neatly beside the rock. A worn pair of navy toms that had earned a few holes from wearing them to often. If it had been Levi from the past, she would have been mortified with the prospect of wearing broken shoes out in public. But the truth was. Levi simply didnt care no longer.

message 37: by ~*ЇÐℰℱẎṧℴ¢ḯεтƴ *~ (last edited Dec 24, 2012 10:41AM) (new)

~*ЇÐℰℱẎṧℴ¢ḯεтƴ *~ Coltan froze. He awkwardly ran a hand through his hair, shifting on his feet. "Um, hello...am I.. interrupting?" He asked, not failing to notice how she appeared to be engrossed in the ocean scene, her eyes never breaking from the waves, her posture rigid. It was almost if she was lost in her own lonely world, surrounded in an unbreakable bubble. Coltan knew the feeling well; it was music that brought him out from the dark abyss he used to call life. Tentatively, Coltan took a step towards the mysterious girls perch. For a reason he could not fathom, Coltan was intrigued by her. She reminded him of his stone army lyrics, her pale, delicate frame leaning into the brutal winds. She was swarming with secrets he yearned to unfold.

Coltan chuckled to himself..sometimes he could be too much of a poet. He knew nothing about this girl...and yet he was daydreaming about her like he knew her.He had no business intruding on her peace. Coltan stepped back, erasing his approach to the girl clouded in mystery who promised challenge.

message 38: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments Levi picked up the movement behind her, could almost hear every crunch of the small standstones beneath his feet as he tentativly took a step foreward, before thinking better of it and stepping back again. She almost almost froze up. Almost unfolded out of her hunched over position but willed herself to stay put. No, he had made himself present, surely that would lead to no harm?
But then again, Levi was accustomed to harm. Used to it coming from the shadows, attacking her. A dirty hand clamped around her mouth, holding her back. Dragging her away...She shook her head firmly, as if to erase the thoughts that were welling within her. The flashbacks had etched themselves into her life now. And her history being brought up yet again from her past sent a cool shiver down her spinal cord. His voice sounded melodic, almost. Smooth like silk. It reminded her of honey, for some reason she couldnt yet place. And for some odd reason, she wanted his presence to remain. Rarely did she recieve that feeling.
"I dont bite." She said at length, although still remained in her statue-like position.

message 39: by ~*ЇÐℰℱẎṧℴ¢ḯεтƴ *~ (last edited Dec 24, 2012 11:19AM) (new)

~*ЇÐℰℱẎṧℴ¢ḯεтƴ *~ (Im going to have to reply later..sadly. There's been a shooting and fire in my neighborhood.... everyone's in panic mode. Two people in my community have died..SO as you can tell, nows probably not the time to be on the computer haha)

message 40: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments ((Aww im so sorry! And on Christmas Eve! I hope everything turns out ok, I completley understand dont worry about it :)))

message 41: by ~*ЇÐℰℱẎṧℴ¢ḯεтƴ *~ (last edited Dec 27, 2012 02:07PM) (new)

~*ЇÐℰℱẎṧℴ¢ḯεтƴ *~ (Hey...I'm back::) Sorry for the bad response, trying to spend as little time on the computer as possible.)

Coltan grimaced, feeling awkward at being caught backing away. He swore she had eyes at the back of her head. She was undeniably very in tune with her surroundings, always alert...as if she was expecting the unfortunate to fall upon her. Coltan tried to force a laugh from his lips, but it came out sounding like a cough. Im so pathetic, he thought to himself, realizing there was a awkward silence hanging in the air. Coltan was still cautious enough to not try an approach again, but instead sit down on a rock a few feet the side of the mystery girl, where he wasn't too close to be overbearing, but not far enough where they couldn't have polite conversation. He made sure he was in her peripheral vision, so as he didn't pose a threat from behind. "My name's Coltan" He said simply, placing his hands in the pockets of his camouflage cargo shorts.

message 42: by wanderer (last edited Dec 30, 2012 02:18PM) (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments Levi continued to gaze out towad the ocean. She couldnt help but think of the vast possibilities of life. Where she could go, what she could do. it would be so easy, just to escape it all. Escape her family and run. Start afresh and begin again. But she knew that wasnt possible, that the memorys would always come back to haunt her however much she tried to banish them from her mind. They would always be there, and she would always be broken. The broken toy pushed to the back of the shelf no longer wanted. The toy children craved for until she was damaged. That desribed her perfectly well.
She could see him out out of the corner of her eye, relaxing slightly, although it wouldnt have been visible unless you'd have known her for long enough. She wouldnt rest her eyes upon him, not yet. For she was finding solace in her mini secneraios in which she could escape. She had thought of ending it once or twice. Ending her life completley. But the old Levi was still there. The one that never gave up no matter how tough things got, no matter how much she was pushed down. She pursed her lips, replying only after a few minutes of letting the sound of the waves on the shore crash into the silence. She wet her mouth slightly before speaking.
"Levi." She replied, almost as if her own name was foregion on her tongue.

message 43: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments ((No problem! I hope you had a good christmas C:))

~*ЇÐℰℱẎṧℴ¢ḯεтƴ *~ Coltan waited patiently for her response, happy to let her inner clockwork shift and turn while he gazed out at the crashing waves, watching their captivating beauty that he was so fond of. Hearing Levi's bell voice murmur her name, Coltan smiled. "It's a pleasure" he said softly, standing from his rock perch and reaching his arms over his head to stretch. Feeling bold, Coltan turned to the fragile yet strong being beside him, locking his eyes on the side of her face, which she refused to turn. "So tell me, what is it that brings you to the rock pools?" He asked, trying to begin small talk.

~*ЇÐℰℱẎṧℴ¢ḯεтƴ *~ (Thanks for understanding:) And my Christmas was great...thanks:))

message 46: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments It was then that Levi flinched, when he stood from the rock and stretched. It was a motion she had come to hate, when people stood up. It caused her to feel vunrable, considerably so if she were sitting down. She had become accustomed to knowing what it meant when the incident had occured. What it meant when one of them stood up. It meant pain. Expolosive pain which she would have rather much avoided. But then again, didnt everybody want to escape pain?
"To you too." she whispered softly, her gaze still lingering on the majestic waves, the way they moved in sync with each other, all entertwined in some way.
"Its an escape." Levi murmured quietly, before finally dragging her vacant, hollow eyes away from the sea and onto him, almost emotionless were her eyes and often they took peoples breath away at how utterly destroyed the look inside them were.

message 47: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh stood on the gravel by the rock-pools, shifting his weight. He felt like he was dizzy and couldn't think straight. He just wanted Lily in his arms again. It had only been a few months but it already felt like a lifetime. He started hearing the tell-tale of her heals clicking and he ducked down, waiting for her friend to leave her before showing himself.

message 48: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments Cassy practically pushed her onto the beach, much to her distaste as she had to slip her heels off.
"I thought you wanted to party?" She questioned dubiously, to which her friend just gave her a foolish grin.
"Im just gonna go get Warren quickly, you should stay here and wait." To this Lily raised one eyebrow and gave a half hearted shrug.
"Ok...?" It came out sounding more like a question, to which Cassy simply turned around, leaving her out near the rock pools. Lily wasn't to bothered though. This was where her and Josh had first gone out together, and so it held a special place in her heart. She brushed her feet across the sand, her feet almost by lapping sea foam as she hummed gently, letting herself daydream.

message 49: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh slowly stood up as he saw her. It was like he was in a trance, the only thing he saw was her. The texts and calls were nothing to her in person. He watched her for a moment before taking tentative steps to her. He felt like sprinting over and wrapping his arms around her.

message 50: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments Lily ran a hand through her ombre locks as she let a soft sigh escape her lips, beginning to turn to see if Cassy was returning. And thats when she saw him, and she had to do a double take just to make sure her eyes weren't playing tricks on her as they so often did while he was away.
"Josh..?" She breathed, her eyes wide for a moment as she just looked at him in utter disbelief. He wasn't supposed to be back so soon, but she certainly wasn't going to complain about it. In seconds she was there, her legs locked around his waist, her lips pressed to his.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8