The Bookworms discussion

General > Welcome

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rinasa1234, Super Awesome Bookworm (new)

Rinasa1234 | 913 comments Mod
Hi! This is Rinasa. Welcome to The Bookworms! Here's a little info about me: I am 13 years old, I live in New York, and I have an odd obsession with bookworms. Bookworms, to me, are interesting figures. They kind of symbolize a person who likes to read and do school work. I just think they're cute and awesome!

message 2: by Laszlo (last edited Feb 13, 2013 01:13PM) (new)

Laszlo (steampunk) | 246 comments Hello, my name is Laszlo! I enjoy to read science fiction books, and my favorite books ever are The Giver by Lois Lowry and Looking for Alaska by John Green. I enjoy the subject of Physics, and hope to one day be a Physicist. I am currently writing a short-story about a highly intelligent high-school student named Paprika who enjoys pulling pranks, and has been transferred to the last school that has (a) Not suspended her and (b) Let her in. She is misunderstood by most people who believe she does the things she does to make up for her father's untimely death, except for her best friend, Amanda, who knows that she only does it as a way of showing the stupidity of society. I am also writing a novel called "The Circus" about two orphans who live at a circus who try to solve who killed two men, a magician and a clown, who worked at the circus.

message 3: by Rinasa1234, Super Awesome Bookworm (new)

Yeah Katie, I know. I checked the group. Those are some cool stories Lazlo.

message 4: by Rinasa1234, Super Awesome Bookworm (new)

I am currently trying to write an essay experimenting with anthropomorphism but it kind of deflated.

message 5: by Laszlo (new)

Laszlo (steampunk) | 246 comments Rinasa1234 wrote: "Yeah Katie, I know. I checked the group. Those are some cool stories Lazlo."

Thank you!

message 6: by Laszlo (new)

Laszlo (steampunk) | 246 comments Rinasa1234 wrote: "I am currently trying to write an essay experimenting with anthropomorphism but it kind of deflated."

Is it a story?

message 7: by Rinasa1234, Super Awesome Bookworm (new)

I actually drew my 6 grade art portfolio with bookworms on it. I was sitting at my laptop going, " name, name, name, what name? " bookworms just popped into my head, very weird.

message 8: by Rinasa1234, Super Awesome Bookworm (new)

I guess, it is first person and it follows the lifeline of an iPad.

message 9: by Rinasa1234, Super Awesome Bookworm (new)

I think, I don't know, I'll try.

message 10: by Rinasa1234, Super Awesome Bookworm (new)

What a day, what a day, what a day! Once again, I was busy. Sarina was commanding open Safari, open iBooks, open Music, etc. Why am I the only one that carries the burden of her. Why can’t she give me a break for once? Hmmmm….. actually now that I’m thinking about that, it’s probably just because I’m awesome and there’s no other alternative. But still, I do not like work. I used to be a young, bright bulb with flawless software. Now I just can’t help but be slow and crash and die out. I’m just not a young filly anymore.
The only reason I’m still here is because of Apple’s “ awesome” software system. It tries to force me to function properly and obey my owner’s commands. It makes me feel like a dog. I want to be freed from my bindings and go retire in Refurbishland or something. Instead, I spend my days doing work. Even though technological items can do all this and all that and we’re awesome, it doesn’t mean we enjoy it. Well, at least I don’t. I spend my days being handled by oily fingers and disgusting skin cells. In the morning, Sarina always has to take me out of my wonderful charger to be put in her crude backpack. Then I have to open up Music, play the music she tells me to, and multitask with some other random app she tells me to. I really hate multitasking. All it ever does is make me work harder and use my battery. When she’s done with this brutal torture, she forces me into her revolting book bag again. I hate being in there because it’s so dark and lonely. I’m not saying I like her presence, I just don’t like being neglected. When I’m finally taken out of that “thing”, it’s already 3 in the afternoon. I then end up working, again. I have to open this, open that. Multitask this, multitask that. How come no one ever understands the pain of running things smoothly? It’s just plain horrible! But just you wait, this isn’t even the worst part yet. The worst part comes at night. Silly ole’ Sarina is a night owl and likes to stay up making me work. First, she always goes on Goodreads. Then, she plays those odd games like ZombieFarm2 and Tiny Tower. I don’t even begin to understand how any of this is entertaining or fun. What is fun? I don’t even understand these concepts because she never gives me a break. I have no time to spare at all!
Now you know all the information you need. All there is left to do is for me to show you my plans for the future. I’ve been thinking, perhaps we should just automatically die after a time period. Or do you think it would be possible for us to just leave? Maybe not, but what about having our human being our servant? Your right, perhaps that is a bit to ambitious. Ding! I just got a wonderful idea, I think we should have a contract so we get a say in how long we are bound to our tormenter. Why, if it were up to me, I would have been out of here half a year ago. I honestly think I should be the one that is released since I am so awesome. I’ve worked hard enough, I should be freed right this instant. What do you think? Sounds good to me. All I have to do now is carry it out……. Done, done and done. It was fairly simple. Well, kind of. You see, I tried to communicate with Sarina but she just doesn’t get electronics. So instead, I had to pretend I was malfunctioning and die off a bit. The plan had to be carried out over several days for this to work of course, but the point is that I did it. She finally decided to let me go and now I’m free! Ahhhh, the relaxing life of a retired product. I totally deserve this. Off to somewhere I go!
Minis, what have you learned from this story? Well, the lesson is that you should never go against your nature. Do what is in your wiring, not anything else. It will only lead to your own demise. Trust me, I know what I’m talking about. Oh, the days when things were simple and I had a person. Oh, sorry minis. Now hurry up and get to class. Hmmmmph, am I doing the right thing now? After all those years of suffering once I broke free. Was it really better than my life before. Because now my old self is starting to make sense again. What to do, what to do?
So you see, that was how my life went for so long. I couldn’t decide what to do. I was so conflicted all the time that I didn’t enjoy work at all like a tablet should. Now I understand what to do and I like working now. I am back with Sarina and I don’t complain anymore. I perform my task and perform it well. I was just very negative before. It actually isn’t so bad anymore. Look, here she comes. I have to get ready to go to work again. Bye, for the last time ever, iPad1.

message 11: by Laszlo (new)

Laszlo (steampunk) | 246 comments Interesting.

message 12: by Rinasa1234, Super Awesome Bookworm (new)

I know, but I have a length requirement and the original essay was really stupid at the end so I changed it and just added really random stuff in.

message 13: by Rinasa1234, Super Awesome Bookworm (new)

500 words or two printed pages, so far I only have 1 3/4 printed pages

message 14: by Rinasa1234, Super Awesome Bookworm (new)

Meanie, I didnt count my words KT do it for me

message 15: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (khaleesifoxes) Hello my name is Michelle. I love reading History and YA books. I just finished reading The Selection by Kiera Cass and The White Queen by Philippa Gregory. I am also working on writing 2 stories just for fun.

message 16: by Laszlo (new)

Laszlo (steampunk) | 246 comments Hello, Michelle! :)
Ok, here is my finished equation explaining why abnormality is impossible:
w(p)×nu=epa≠a(uq×ln(oe)=a(≠a))(t{×=cw}×u{n≠cw}(pe(s)t=00.00000000..... 1[b pro.](con.= dov))(con.= dov)

message 17: by Laszlo (new)

Laszlo (steampunk) | 246 comments Michelle wrote: "Hello my name is Michelle. I love reading History and YA books. I just finished reading The Selection by Kiera Cass and The White Queen by Philippa Gregory. I am also working on writing 2 stories j..."

Do you like Physics?

message 18: by Rinasa1234, Super Awesome Bookworm (new)

Here we go

message 19: by Laszlo (new)

Laszlo (steampunk) | 246 comments What?

message 20: by Rinasa1234, Super Awesome Bookworm (new)

I haven't read either of them. I will look them up.

message 21: by Rinasa1234, Super Awesome Bookworm (new)

Nothing

message 22: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (khaleesifoxes) Kggelen wrote: "I read The Selection also. It got a lot of bad reciews, but I thought it was alright."

I didn't mind the Selection either. It sort of reminded me of a reality show like the Batchlor, mixed with a beauty pagent.

message 23: by Laszlo (last edited Dec 17, 2012 06:53PM) (new)

Laszlo (steampunk) | 246 comments No, seriously.
c{a.k.a=be}(s)-i{pnd(=)}=d

message 24: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (khaleesifoxes) Laszlo wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Hello my name is Michelle. I love reading History and YA books. I just finished reading The Selection by Kiera Cass and The White Queen by Philippa Gregory. I am also working on wr..."

Ive never taken Physics so I couldnt give you a proper answer.

message 25: by Laszlo (new)

Laszlo (steampunk) | 246 comments Neither have I. I am only eleven.

message 26: by Laszlo (new)

Laszlo (steampunk) | 246 comments Let c represent chaos theory, a.k.a. the butterfly effect. Let be represent the butterfly effect, and let s represent states (or says), and i represent information, and let - represent lack of, and let pnd represent indirectly, and let d represent demise (or death).

message 27: by Laszlo (new)

Laszlo (steampunk) | 246 comments Tell us, or we will die!
c{a.k.a=be}(s)-i{pnd(=)}=d

message 28: by Rinasa1234, Super Awesome Bookworm (new)

Who is there?

message 29: by Laszlo (new)

Laszlo (steampunk) | 246 comments Yes?

message 30: by Laszlo (new)

Laszlo (steampunk) | 246 comments Why?

message 31: by Laszlo (new)

Laszlo (steampunk) | 246 comments I don't see what's so strange about that...
Oh, right, you're new to Doctor Who. :D

message 32: by Laszlo (new)

Laszlo (steampunk) | 246 comments You get used to it, eventually.

message 33: by Laszlo (new)

Laszlo (steampunk) | 246 comments Favorite episode?