What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Historical fiction. Civil War Corinth Mississippi. I think African American author.

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Terri (new)

Terri | 3 comments Read this book in approximately 2000. Heard it reviewed on NPR. I believe the author was African American, and at least one of the characters was an African American Civil War soldier. I would label the book historical fiction. It had a great line in it... something about "fields of glory". Thanks for your help.

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
Perhaps this: The Glory Field by Walter Dean Myers

Cheryl has hopes her life will calm down soonish (cherylllr) Maybe look at some Listopias? You can comment on the bottom with the question, and maybe some CW buff will answer.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39287 comments Mod
Terri, are you still looking for this? Was it anything mentioned above?

message 6: by Terri (new)

Terri | 3 comments No, these suggestions were not the book I'm looking for. I am still hoping to find this book. I have done web searches but have not tried the listopia suggestion.

message 7: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2501 comments Mod
Where I'm Bound, maybe?

Cheryl has hopes her life will calm down soonish (cherylllr) I did a couple of place name searches, no luck.
But 'civil war' as a tag pulls up several lists, so if you think you might recognize the cover, be sure to look at Listopia.

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Terri, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "Terri, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.

message 11: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5204 comments What’s with putting “Abandoned” in all caps before the description?