Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

My Life in Black and White
This topic is about My Life in Black and White
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > My Life in Black & White by Natasha Friend → Start Date: December 30th, 2012

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Gisbelle and I would love anyone that can to join us!!

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Eeep :) Excited!

I just saw you have another one scheduled on the same day :P

message 3: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments lol I can do it :D

message 4: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I had it get confusing this month only once, when I had three Dystopian books going at once...Phew! that was just 2 too many of the same genre at once!

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Dystopian is so not my cup of tea. I only like a few of them so far.

message 6: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments alright, I'm so ready for this one! I think it's going to be a good one!

so there are no chapter numbers! LOL!
um...there are about 300 pages.
If we aim for 1/2 way, we can stop at "Specks of dust, atoms" which is about 154 pages.

too far...??? too little???
what do you think?

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I think I might be able to manage that :) So yes, half and we come back and talk :) I have a good feeling about this one too :D

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Have you started yet Trisha? I just started and now reading chapter 3, Pussy Galore. Gosh, it is intense!

message 9: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments wow, what a title!!
I've been "just getting ready to start" but I've been working on my Slumbook challenge books and LOL! It's taken me an hour and I'm still picking! hahah!!

Okay, I'll start it in about 10 min!! :D

intense huh? I hope that's in a good way! How far did you get??

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I'm still in chapter 4. :) It's gonna be a good one! Take your time.

message 11: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments WOW! well, I'm on chapter 6...and

her best friend Taylor sucks
her sister Ruthie is awesome (and is amazing with non-cussing insults)
and her mom....I can't believe she said what she said.

yep, so far so good...but I can see this one is going to be tough one....

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I hate that girl Taylor and her "boyfriend" Ryan also. What a tool! Love, love, love her sister :)

We are on the same chapter now :)

message 13: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments oh no!!! Jarrod SUCKS TOO!! wait until you her what REALLY happened during the accident.

what a horrific night for her! :(

yeah, and Ryan..I hate that guy too! LOL

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Oh boy, I can't wait to find out :) I need to do sth with the group first then I am going to resume. I see 5 stars ahead of us, Trisha :D

message 15: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments lol me too!!! hahahahah!!!

Gisbelle | 27299 comments When I read that scene (the BJ scene), I was like Oh. My. God. How could Taylor do that to her best friend??? And Ryan also. It was disgusting!

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Gosh... I knew what Jarrod did and it was sick. Yuck! She was only 15 and his sister's best friend also.

message 18: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I know!!!! Ugh, he's......he's just disgusting .....

and I think her sister gets The Best Sister EVER award. She is just amazing!!

How far did you get?? it was so hard to stop!!

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Chapter 8 now. Jarrod and Taylor are SO disgusting. And Lexi's mother... I cannot believe it. My mother would never tell me not to eat something because she wanted me to look good. She is so shallow.

I'm going to read more now :)

message 20: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments ugh, her mom makes me so mad!
she made Lexi's life all about how pretty she was....and now that she's not pretty, she doesn't know who she is because she's always been just a pretty face.

ugh, :( lol! I'm glad you don't like her either!

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Yeah, a mother should love her kid unconditionally, right? I am not a mother, but I will when I become one :)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Finished :)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I didn't hate her mother much later. Still what she had done was not cool.

message 24: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments almost done :) updating my antivirus (on the new computer) and then I'll be back to discuss! Yay!! :D

what did you think??

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Loved it :) Let me know when you are done.

message 26: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments ugh, this was such a GOOD book!!!

Okay, I'm done! Now, what did you think? LOL!

and why four stars and not five?

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I should ask you the same question :) The second half of the book was a bit, you know, bland. Nothing exciting. I liked the book, though.

Gisbelle | 27299 comments So you think the reason Taylor "hooked up" with Ryan was acceptable or not?

message 29: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments ugh! not acceptable at all. The girl code calls for absolutely NO NO NO touching the other girls' guy.

I think Taylor wanting to be Lexi for just a moment. to see what is was like..totally not right.

I actually liked the 2nd half of the book better than the first.

I found Lexi horrible to read at first. she was shallow and annoying in her kind of "better than anyone" way of talking...

I liked it much more when she got real and had freak outs and real talks with her sister....it was amazing how shallow she was before the accident. How she really hadn't had to really deal with anything

I still think the best line in the book was from her sister when she told her to suck it up and grow a backbone - they everyone else had a long time ago.

I also liked Theo's line about everyone having scars, just not all of them are on the outside. he was a great addition to the book.

and...boxing?!?! LOL!

message 30: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments (oh!! and yay, this is my 25th completed buddy read :D for 2012 :D Since October!)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Me too! I hate it when a girlfriend does that to each other. Like there are no other guys around.

Maybe you are right. She wanted to be Lexi and being drunk also made her do sth that stupid.

OMG... I love that line too. I highlighted it as well.

And Lexi's mother was getting more likeable. Compared to Taylor's mom.

I couldn't believe she became a boxer in the end lol... That was so unpredictable :)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Trisha wrote: "(oh!! and yay, this is my 25th completed buddy read :D for 2012 :D Since October!)"

25 is an impressive number :D

message 33: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Gisbelle wrote: "Trisha wrote: "(oh!! and yay, this is my 25th completed buddy read :D for 2012 :D Since October!)"

25 is an impressive number :D"

LOL! I think you did at least that many! :) that's a lot of book chatting! :D

message 34: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Dec 31, 2012 10:34PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments so....did you put it at 4 stars because the 2nd half got kind of boring?

I wasn't sure.

I can't believe what those guys did to Taylor. I'm so glad that Lexi got over her revenge and wanted to help her friend. :( I can't imagine how violated Taylor must have felt.

Gisbelle | 27299 comments The part about what they did to Taylor was shocking. It was nice of Lexi to move on also.

I don't know it was just getting less excited in the last few chapters. It was still good, but not as good.

So why you give 4 stars?

message 36: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I don't know...it just wasn't...it was good..but it was amazing if you know what I mean. I reserve my 5 stars for amazing books and, while I thought this one was good...it wasn't like some of our others that were just WOW. LOL! I hope that makes sense.

I'm so glad we did this as a buddy read!!

Thank you, again, Gisbelle!!!

Gisbelle | 27299 comments It makes sense lol... It was a great book for me too, but just not 5-star great :)

Not need to thank me, Trisha. i had fun also. I'm glad we read it.