The Obama vs. McCain group! discussion

What do you think about......?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 114 (114 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Keyanah (new)

Keyanah (drizzleherb-peacelover) | 56 comments What you guys think about the political cartoon? And please don't say you don't know what I'm talking about. You know, the one with the killed monkey and the police officers, and the "have to find someone else for the stimulus package." What do you think Bout it exactly. Is it racist or a 'misunderstanding?'

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

??
I don't, tho.

message 3: by Sarah jean (new)

Sarah jean  blank (Sarahjean) | 299 comments hmm i heard of it but will you add a link

message 4: by Keyanah (last edited Mar 01, 2009 08:34AM) (new)

Keyanah (drizzleherb-peacelover) | 56 comments Okay hold on a second....Look at this!

message 5: by Oceanwaves (new)

Oceanwaves (oceanwavesheartsoul) | 185 comments That's sick...

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

That is WRONG!

message 7: by Oceanwaves (new)

Oceanwaves (oceanwavesheartsoul) | 185 comments Why aren't any of the republicans saying anything??? You know this is wrong, and you won't admit! This is totally racist!

message 8: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen | 243 comments Yes, that is a little upsetting. Because we need to respect our leader, no matter how many mistakes he makes. That cartoon is just one of millions putting down people. I wonder what you all would say if I put up some of the mean comics I have seen about Bush. Hmm...would you think that was as "wrong" as this one?

I have one other question though.....did you know that the theory of evolution is incredibly racist?

message 9: by Oceanwaves (new)

Oceanwaves (oceanwavesheartsoul) | 185 comments Yeah! Bush is still a human being no matter all he bad things he's done. I don't believe evolution is racist. I believe this is racist because when black's were discriminated, we were called monkeys. And in this cartoon Obama, the black president, is being called the monkey, which they are symbolizing as a racist cartoon.

message 10: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen | 243 comments Yes, I see that.

I say that evolution is racist because of the very title of Darwin's book. "The Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection, or The Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Life"
By the standard of evolution, "blacks" were lower on the "evolutionary progress" than "whites". Now that's wrong, right? Why does evolution not tell its dirty secrets? It has hidden things like that but the premise of what evolution is actually racist. It kind of has to be...unless all of humanity was one race and there were no real distinctions between white and black, like what people want to say. Another reason why it's so hard to believe that evolution is true.

message 11: by Sarah jean (new)

Sarah jean  blank (Sarahjean) | 299 comments Kathleen wrote: "Yes, that is a little upsetting. Because we need to respect our leader, no matter how many mistakes he makes. That cartoon is just one of millions putting down people. I wonder what you all would s..."

oh, i guess ya'll havent seen the funny mccain put downs, oh and the sarah palin ones to...

Yeah i guess since somebody doesnt like her the cartoonist sexist. right? casue all people who dont like obama are racist

message 12: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) I agree about respecting our leaders, for sure. I don't like Obama exactly, but I still respect him, and hope that he'll be a good president, and be able to turn the country around. When Bush was doing badly and everyone hated him, I still respected him, because it's a hard job, you know? And he did his best, just like Obama will.

message 13: by Keyanah (new)

Keyanah (drizzleherb-peacelover) | 56 comments Sarah jean wrote: "Kathleen wrote: "Yes, that is a little upsetting. Because we need to respect our leader, no matter how many mistakes he makes. That cartoon is just one of millions putting down people. I wonder wha..."

Sarah Jean, it depends on what the cartoon says!

message 14: by Oceanwaves (last edited Mar 03, 2009 05:14AM) (new)

Oceanwaves (oceanwavesheartsoul) | 185 comments Sarah Jean, no. This isn't just a put down. It's totally racism. And why do you keep saying that all the democrats believe republicans are racist?? Almost ALL my friends are republicans, and I don't even fight with them! (except for one because she acts like a know-it-all! XD) And it wouldn't be sexist to hate Palin cause we're all girls. I just don't like Palin because of her political views. What they're saying about this cartoon is, Obama-the monkey-is totally wrong for being the president. And at that they're referring to him that's he stupid or unitelligent for making him the monkey character. And then to make matters worse, they shoot him, and they say they need someone else for the stimulus plan. Which I believe is completetly ridicolous. This cartoon is racist. Why can't you admit it? D:
Another question: Have you ever expirenced racism? From someone else saying they don't like you for your color?

message 15: by Sarah jean (new)

Sarah jean  blank (Sarahjean) | 299 comments 1st. girls can be sexist
2nd. I do not belive the cartoon is racist
3rd. i do not think all democrats belive rebublicians are racist i think all racist.
4th. have i ever experianced racisum? not racisum exactly, but other things like it, like sexisum.
5th. i dont even think of myself as rebublican.
6th. i love to argue ♥
7th. what do you mean by "What they're saying about this cartoon is," whose "they're?

message 17: by Keyanah (last edited Mar 03, 2009 02:00PM) (new)

Keyanah (drizzleherb-peacelover) | 56 comments Okay, honestly those cartoons are just plain stupid.

How the heck can I be sexist against my own flippin' gender???????????????

And what in the world you mean by I do not belive the cartoon is racist?????????????? It is DEFINITELY racist! How can you not see that? What makes you think this isn't racist Are you that blind or do you just like disagreeing with Obama supporters? I mean, COME ON!

message 18: by Sarah jean (new)

Sarah jean  blank (Sarahjean) | 299 comments whaat?????????????

you can be sexist against your own gender, many women belive men are supperior.

I am sorry but i thought 'I do not belive the cartoon is racist" was clear but since you dont understand i will go through it

I, me the person who is saying this
do not: i don't, oppisite of do.
belive: my opinion, as in i BELIVE cheese is yummy. sometimes used as "think"
the cartoon: our noun of the sentence, what i dont belive is racist
is racist: would mean, is against a race, in this case the african american race

thats as clear as i can get.

message 19: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen | 243 comments Sarah Jean, the cartoon is putting down Obama. But why do we think of it as racist? Because black people are who evolution have placed closest to monkeys! Can't you guys see that? It is wrong to put someone down because of their color. Not just because it's rude but because we are all humans beings, no matter our gender, age, or color. Evolution places black people as "less evolved". That is wrong and evolution, as another point, is just not true. I'm not saying it is not true because it is racist but because it's lacking many proofs and doesn't even have a firm starting point. But, that's a different argument..

message 20: by Sarah jean (new)

Sarah jean  blank (Sarahjean) | 299 comments oh i get it, they dont like obama. and so there racist.

and guess what? i dont belive in evalution and such i belive in god & christianity.

message 21: by Oceanwaves (last edited Mar 04, 2009 04:22AM) (new)

Oceanwaves (oceanwavesheartsoul) | 185 comments Thanks for explaining Kathleen! I was having trouble with zat...:D
And Sarah Jean...CHEESE IS YUMMY!!!!! *mmmm*

message 22: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 132 comments Happy Birthday to me! Happy Birthday to me! Happy Birthday dear Lulu! Happy Birthday to me!

message 23: by Oceanwaves (new)

Oceanwaves (oceanwavesheartsoul) | 185 comments My birthday was the 26, but no one cared except one friend from goodreads.

message 24: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 132 comments Well u didn't tell us it was your b-day!

message 25: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) *gasp* ocean it was ur BIRTHDAY???

message 26: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 132 comments Sarah jean wrote: "oh i get it, they dont like obama. and so there racist.

and guess what? i dont belive in evalution and such i belive in god & christianity."

Ok. So u believe more in a god- who no one can officially prove is real- than in EVOLUTION!?!? (which, by the way, IS scientificly proven)

message 27: by ♫ Tina ♫ (last edited Mar 15, 2009 08:30AM) (new)

♫ Tina ♫ | 118 comments Oceanwaves wrote: "Thanks for explaining Kathleen! I was having trouble with zat...:D
And Sarah Jean...CHEESE IS YUMMY!!!!! *mmmm*"

Special....

message 28: by Oceanwaves (last edited Mar 15, 2009 04:48PM) (new)

Oceanwaves (oceanwavesheartsoul) | 185 comments Allie wrote: "*gasp* ocean it was ur BIRTHDAY???"

lol, yeah. I turned 12. :D And I didn't tell anyone because I didn't want to sound like I was trying to be conceited. I only told someone if they asked. :D

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, Happy Birthday!

message 30: by Sarah jean (new)

Sarah jean  blank (Sarahjean) | 299 comments Lulu wrote: "Sarah jean wrote: "oh i get it, they dont like obama. and so there racist.

and guess what? i dont belive in evalution and such i belive in god & christianity."

I dont think it needs to be proven,
AND BTW, it isnt totaly sintificly proven. parts are but not totaly.

Ok. So u believe more in a god- w..."

message 31: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 132 comments What about god? How do u prove that?

message 32: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 132 comments What about god? How do u prove that?

message 33: by Sarah jean (new)

Sarah jean  blank (Sarahjean) | 299 comments you dont, theres no need if i think (s)he exists, then (s)he does in my own world. maybe not in yours but i am not in "happy birthday to me" world

message 34: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen | 243 comments God exists no matter what people believe or don't believe. Why do we have to have proof? God is outside of this material world and doesn't have to "prove" that He exists. Also, He has given us the best sign that He is real. He sent His Son to die for us. That's evidence enough. Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation and He always will be.

message 35: by ♫ Tina ♫ (new)

♫ Tina ♫ | 118 comments Kathleen wrote: "God exists no matter what people believe or don't believe. Why do we have to have proof? God is outside of this material world and doesn't have to "prove" that He exists. Also, He has given us the ..."

Exactly!

message 36: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) I honestly have no idea what to think about God. I'm not religious, but I've always believed in Him, until I've learned more about science, and all this proof that goes against the Bible. So I don't know what to think. I understand that you don't need proof for God tho. It's what you feel in your heart. I'm just not sure what I feel, which is why I want to get more involved in the church, see what they say to find out what i think...

message 37: by Rachel (last edited Mar 17, 2009 05:57PM) (new)

Rachel | 132 comments Actually, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with Sarah Jean! God may exist in her world, because she's christian and she believes in Him. However, I don't, so in my world there IS no god, get it?

message 38: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 132 comments btw Tina I can't wait till Saturday! Shopping!!!!!

message 39: by Sarah jean (new)

Sarah jean  blank (Sarahjean) | 299 comments Lulu wrote: "Actually, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with Sarah Jean! God may exist in her world, because she's christian and she believes in Him. However, I don't, so in my world there IS n..."

oh thanks :) i dont know if i should take that as an insult casue you implyed you didnt think youd ever agree with me or a compliment since i did. But hey, ill be optimistic. THANKS :)

message 40: by Sarah jean (new)

Sarah jean  blank (Sarahjean) | 299 comments like i cant stand it when people say "god does not exist, period" but i dont care if somebody says "i dont think/belive god exists"

message 41: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 132 comments olo ya i'm just not really a believer *shrug*

message 42: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen | 243 comments But, Lulu and Sarah Jean, just because you do or do not believe in Him doesn't make Him disappear. That's not logical at all. And it's a big deal too. Just because you or me, puny little humans, say that God doesn't exist, doesn't make Him pretend. God does exist no matter what we think. He is totally outside us. What we say, think, or do makes no difference! We are nothing and God is everything. That is going to make you really mad but it's the truth. God is real and He doesn't need a human to tell Him that He is, or isn't, real.

Allie,
I know how hard it is to look at both science and the Bible but you need to realize that true, real science doesn't contradict the Bible, but rather enhances the Bible's messages. Evolution, which is not credible evidence for anything, has become something that is more of a religion than a scientific thing. Yes, there are theories out there that "go against" the Bible, but if you think about it, most of "true science" doesn't contradict the Bible. God created the world and we can see glimpses of His creativity and design through biology along side science.

message 43: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 132 comments well prove 2 me that God is real, and maybe i'll believe u, but i still don't believe in God! I am free 2 have my own religion!!!!!!!!!!!

message 44: by Allie (last edited Mar 17, 2009 10:35PM) (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) Everyone is free to their own religion, of course.

And yes... It's just hard to know what to believe, as I don't have proof for religion or science. And even tho I kno religion comes from what you believe, proof or no, I want some, which annoys me. Science sometimes seems to have more proof, sometimes not. So I really don't know.
One other thing about religion bothers me, if I may go even more off topic. I dont c y one religion is right and another is false. Religion is faith, but don't Muslims or Hindus
or Buddists have as much faith as a Christian? So which one really is true, how can you know? It's what you feel, but since I'm not deeply involved in any religion, I'm not
sure how to feel. Again, I somehow want proof for what is right and what is wrong.
Basically, I don't think it's fair to say another religion is wrong, since they believe In it just as strongly as you do. So for me, God doesn't have a specific name, or shape. He is a force, all and yet done of all religions gods, all the stories true, in their way.
I'm sry if that made no sense. It's late and I'm rambling so I should probably just go to bed.

message 45: by cleo (new)

cleo (theprincesscleo) | 157 comments Kathleen- He? God I think can be a guy or a girl!

message 46: by ♫ Tina ♫ (new)

♫ Tina ♫ | 118 comments Cleo wrote: "Kathleen- He? God I think can be a guy or a girl!"

In the Catholic Religion we believe that God is a He.

message 47: by cleo (new)

cleo (theprincesscleo) | 157 comments That's fine Tina! It is fine if you do! I just have different believes!

message 48: by ♫ Tina ♫ (new)

♫ Tina ♫ | 118 comments Cleo wrote: "That's fine Tina! It is fine if you do! I just have different believes!"

I'm just saying that, I didn't mean that other people's Gods are a male or female! I just said the God that I believe in is a male.

message 49: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 18, 2009 04:43PM) (new)

Yeah, eveyone has different religious beliefs.

message 50: by ♫ Tina ♫ (new)

♫ Tina ♫ | 118 comments Yes!

« previous 1 3