Old Books, New Readers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived > December Poetry Contest- Bread and Butter

Comments (showing 1-21 of 21) (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Christa - Ron Paul 2016 (Christa-RonPaul2012) | 3184 comments Rena has been so kind as to pick out next topic, so everyone show your manners and say thanks :D

Her choice of a topic is much intriguing and I look forwards to writing something. The topic is "Bread and Butter". You can take it as a literal meaning, or use it as taking care of your family "Providing the bread and butter" or like Harry Potter says "Stunning is the bread and butter of wizards" so get creative and think up something way awesome, I know you can do it!

1. Your poem must have something to do with "Bread and Butter" even if it is in a very obscure way. (If I don't think your poem has something to do with it you will have to explain it to me because I am a little dense.)

2. Your poem may be of any length but it must be a poem and not a short story.

3. Any inappropriate materiel (To be determined by me alone) will be disqualified and deleted without notice. (Although I will probably message you to chew you out later :D)

4. All poems must be posted in this thread.

5. You may only enter one poem though you may put up as many as you like.

6. All poems must be entered by December 30th.

7. All poems must have a title/name.

Winner will be picked by poll. Did I miss anything? No? Good, contend away

message 2: by Natasha (new)

Natasha (Inutasha) | 42 comments I still don't completely get it, what is the bread and butter of harry potter mean?

Christa - Ron Paul 2016 (Christa-RonPaul2012) | 3184 comments Oh, there is a part where Harry say's "A Stunning spell is the Bread and Butter of a Wizard." It's the spell they use the most, you can't be a good one without being able to stun.

But I just added that in there cause I was being silly, you don't have to write about that :D

message 4: by Frederick (new)

Frederick Anderson (Fredander) | 78 comments Thank you Rena!

message 5: by Serena (new)

Serena I'm not sure if I should say your welcome, or sorry?

Christa - Ron Paul 2016 (Christa-RonPaul2012) | 3184 comments HAhaha, I am really excited about it, I have re-started my poem several times over. Each time I start to write it is wrong, but I will find something. The hard part is to pick what kind of tine your poem will have. Sad? Happy? Happy with a bit of sad, grim, serious, silly, or a mixture of several. This one is hard!

♠️ TABI = 타비 ♠️ (Tabi_Card) Oh man, this is a tough one this month lol....we should end the year on a happy note!!! hahaha just kidding lol ;) I like a challenge XD

Christa - Ron Paul 2016 (Christa-RonPaul2012) | 3184 comments I will be the first to admit this is not my best poem, but it came to me whilst I whiled away my life on electronic device. I don't know if I will enter this one, I might write another poem later, but for now this will do.

Cooking from scratch (Not my best title wither, I know)

Flour mixed with water
Add yeast and oil
A touch of honey
Don't let it boil

Let the dough rise
Preheat the oven
Grease the pans
And wait till doubled

Divid bread in two
Rise again in pans
Cook at 350
Let cool, if you can.

Warm bread on plater
Butter on the table
Bread and butter
Settling in my middle

message 9: by Serena (new)

Serena Christa - Ron Paul 2016 wrote: "I will be the first to admit this is not my best poem, but it came to me whilst I whiled away my life on electronic device. I don't know if I will enter this one, I might write another poem later, but for now this will do.

Cooking from scratch (Not my best title wither, I know)

Flour mixed with water
Add yeast and oil
A touch of honey
Don't let it boil

Let the dough rise
Preheat the oven
Grease the pans
And wait till doubled

Divid bread in two
Rise again in pans
Cook at 350
Let cool, if you can.

Warm bread on plater
Butter on the table
Bread and butter
Settling in my middle
"

Hehe, I like that, quite yummy sounding; fun and warm. :)

Christa - Ron Paul 2016 (Christa-RonPaul2012) | 3184 comments I'm sorry I haven't said anything yet Rena, about your poem. the fact is, I don't know what to say. You should really enter that in some kind of contest, and I don't mean this little one. Your poem was a-maz-ing!

I don't think there will be any competition this month. Nice chose of wording and the story was.....well I already said amazing but I can't think of any other way to describe it. (I am sadly lacking in my vocabulary it would seem.) I loved it and may even copy it down (with your permission of course) and read it to my kids some day, when I have them. Best telling of Hansel and Gretel ever.

message 11: by Serena (new)

Serena O.o
oh

Uhm...should I say sorry?..I feel like I should say sorry...I really have never shared my poetry before, with anyone (and you want to read it to your children? Wow ...I ...yeah, I would be honored)...and thank you!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I could have sworn a famous poet wrote that, LOL. Excellently done.

message 13: by Serena (new)

Serena :D
Thank you Veronica!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Rena, it´s amazing!
It´s style reminds me of old ballads, full of myths and magic !

message 15: by Serena (new)

Serena Thank you very much Sanna, I hope you have a happy new year! :)

Sariah the Authoress (authoress96pulchritudinous) | 3 comments Rena, you may have two people reading it to their children, WITH your pemission, of course. May I just say that it's one of the best poems I've ever read and that I like even more than The Raven? I really love it. You should be really really really proud of yourself!!

message 17: by Serena (new)

Serena Thank you Sariah, :)
I quite love The Raven, so to have my work compared to it is high praise indeed to me.
I would love for you to share my poetry with your children, as I think that's what poetry is for. :)
Have a happy New Year!

Sariah the Authoress (authoress96pulchritudinous) | 3 comments You too! ;D

Christa - Ron Paul 2016 (Christa-RonPaul2012) | 3184 comments Rene won! Congrats, I'll be messaging you shortly for the new theme :D

♠️ TABI = 타비 ♠️ (Tabi_Card) Congratulations Rena!!!!! XD

message 21: by Serena (new)

Serena :)
Thank you all!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.