Crow's Row (Crow's Row, #1) Crow's Row question

should i finish?
Jo Jo Dec 03, 2012 09:11AM
So, I started this book a few weeks ago and stopped because it became too dry for me. I stopped at the part where they're in the pool. However, I hear it's crazy good. Am I missing something? Something that immediately threw me off was the description of the male lead. Seriously, am I missing something?

I'll tell you if you want to avoid the boring go to the final chapters, that is so worth reading it.

Emily Most definitely agree, she grows a pair and kicks some ass! But... it will want you picking up the next book. Word on the threads is the author might ...more
Jun 10, 2013 04:25PM

You stopped reading just when it starts to get good, but then again I loved this book from start to finish so.... :)

i did not like this book...just couldn't get into it.

Jo wrote: "So, I started this book a few weeks ago and stopped because it became too dry for me. I stopped at the part where they're in the pool. However, I hear it's crazy good. Am I missing something? S..."

There were some elements of Crow's Row that I really enjoyed, but I agree with you that it is pretty dry. The romance in it was so white-washed that I gave it a bad review. Granted, this was my first experience with the NA Romance genre. If there's no steam there's no romance in my opinion, but I know some don't agree with my view and that's all gravy!

Please let me know if you were impressed with the sequel. Every day I debate with myself on whether I should bother purchasing the second book or not, I was definitely intrigued with the ending and want Emmy to kick some Cameron ass in book two. Hopefully she'll have gotten over her bogus naivete!

There are parts where things drag and you wonder where things are going, but I really enjoyed this one. There are a few twists you don't expect, then after they happen you almost wonder how you didn't see it coming. At the end I was definitely wanting more. Not your classic HEA. I am glad the author has decided to do a sequel, even though she did a nice job of wrapping everything up. Things do pick up after the pool scene.

I would seriously die if the story ended without a sequel. There's no way in Hell there can't be another novel. Jo, I got that feeling some at the beginning as well, but it totally picks up and is worth the somewhat drag you are currently experiencing.

Jia Mercado I totally agree with you! I've been waiting since like forever for the the second book -_-
Jun 10, 2013 08:01PM

For me the ONLY good thing about the book was the ending, so maybe you could give it a chance.