52 Books in 52 Weeks (2012) discussion

Reviews. > Week49. (2-7 Dec)

Comments (showing 1-5 of 5) (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mohamed (new)

Mohamed Naser (Modidoody) | 54 comments "In this thread, everyone will post their reviews/opinions of the book they have read this week AFTER you rate/review it on your page. The purpose of this is so everyone can see what you read this week and read your review without having to visit each profile. Some of you have their profiles locked, so this saves you the trouble of unlocking it.

ANY COMMENTS THAT ARE NOT RELATED TO THAT MATTER WILL BE DELETED.

The format will be like this:

Name of book.
Author.
n/5 stars.

"Your simple opinion/extended review/one word that expresses what you thought of the book. GO CRAZY! Anything counts. Don't feel pressured."

Link to your review.

Also, this allows us to be organized, so even if a member didn't log in for about a month, they can add the book they've read to the appropriate thread.

THANK YOU ALL!

EDIT:
As I've mentioned in the guidelines, one word or a simple opinion counts as a 'review'. I only called it that because Goodreads calls it that."

Now let's see your achievements, awesome people.

message 2: by Ali (new)

Ali (AliAlghamdi) | 124 comments Mod
إمبراطورية النجوم
أحمد خالد توفيق
3/5 stars

إمبراطورية النجوم by أحمد خالد توفيق

بالتأكيد أحسن من الاثنين اللي مضوا، الرواية ممتعة، وأخيرًا تزوج شريف عبير وابتدأت قصة حبهما وفانتازيا! أتوقع أني سأتوقف لفترة عن روايات فانتازيا ولربما أعود إليها.

message 3: by Mohamed (new)

Mohamed Naser (Modidoody) | 54 comments Looking for Alaska
John Green
4/5
Looking for Alaska by John Green
the book was kind of a legend to me, i never knew such books existed it just kept changing my mood and my atmosphere as i kept going in it. The author is a genius really :)
and the time i read the book in is a bit strange it kind of reminded me of a dear friend that passed away on the 1st of Dec ..
such a great book i strongly recommend it.

message 4: by Sara (last edited Dec 11, 2012 11:38AM) (new)

Sara (Sarasization) | 53 comments Freakonomics A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything by Steven D. Levitt

Freakonomics
by Steven D. Levitt

3/5

VERY INTERESTING! I'd love to do researches like the ones mentioned in the book here in Saudi. I liked how the book opened my eyes to things I've never thought about before. I learned that Economic isn't only about business; it's related to and gets affected by everything o.o

message 5: by Johara (new)

Johara Almogbel | 52 comments The King's StiltsThe King's Stilts by Dr. Seuss

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It was kind of hard adjusting my brain to a Dr. Suess prose, I kept reading the words like I expected them to rhyme any minute. But after that it was smooth sailing.

Very good story, I'm actually suprised I hadn't thought to read any of Dr. Seuss's prose before. Seriously cute. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I can't wait until I have kids of my own so I can read this at night to them.