Harry Potter discussion

Questions > Uh oh?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tess (new)

Tess | 134 comments In the 4th book it said Cedric was in his 7th year so he would be taking NEWTs which are EXTREMELY important but he was excused from them. They don't seem like things you can be excused from if they determine your entire career...

Also, why did Hagrid need to go to Askaban in the 5th book, he didn't do anything wrong, they were just sacking him. I know Dumbledore needed to becuase of "DA" but the ministry never said anything about Hagrid being involved in that...

message 2: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie Did Hagrid go to Azkaban?

message 3: by Taylor S (new)

Taylor S | 118 comments I don't remember Hagrid going to Azkaban. He did in the 2nd book, but not the 5th. Did he?

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Also, in the first book (when Hagrid's just telling Harry he's a wizard) he tells Harry that both his parents were Head Boy and Girl. Later, we find out James never even was a prefect!

message 5: by Tess (new)

Tess | 134 comments Hagrid never went to Azkaban, but Umbridge & her gang was trying to make him go...

message 6: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 34 comments I was confused about that too. I think what Hagrid meant was that they were really popular in their day, they were the "head". Or, maybe if you're good enough they'll make you Head Boy or Girl even if u aren't a Prefect?

message 7: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 686 comments Hagrid did go to Azkaban. In Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Fudge comes and gets him.

message 8: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie I think you have to be a prefect in order to be a head boy or girl, even if you are popular.

message 9: by Lightshayde (new)

Lightshayde | 6 comments Hagrid did not go to Azkaban in the 5th, only in the 2nd.

message 10: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 686 comments Thats what I said Lightshayde.

You do have to be a prefect in order tp be head boy or girl.

message 11: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 686 comments And J.K.Rowling said that Cedric's N.E.W.Ts were graded by how well he did the tasks. She said something about how the tasks had everything in them that would be required in a class, but a bit harder because his life was on the line, if you can call that a bit.