GraveTells Book Club discussion

North of Need - Week One > Someone order a side of hot man?

Comments (showing 1-13 of 13) (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A (new)

A (AMB86) | 200 comments Mod
Owen comes with more than your typical mystery? What do you think is up with him? Do you think he is there for good as he states?

Sue "DavinciKittie" Brown-Moore (davincikittie) | 119 comments Mod
I wanted to trust him instinctively, but then there's that scene where he's in front of the fireplace that made me wonder a little. Having already read this it's hard to think back that far but I remember liking him immediately but having some reservations about why he was there.

message 3: by Iris (last edited Dec 03, 2012 12:36PM) (new)

Iris (Ipro) | 7 comments It's a romance novel, so you know right off the bat that there will be a HEA in the end. but at this point you kind of ave to wonder how in hell they're going to work that out once the weather starts warming up.

message 4: by A (new)

A (AMB86) | 200 comments Mod
Okay I am always weary of people anyway, regardless of how attractive they may be. While I think he is there with good intentions, as the saying goes the road to hell is paved with good intentions as well. I suspect I know why he is there, but I will wait to see if my intuition is ready. Couldn't he arrived a little warmer though I mean it is cold. :)

message 5: by Rhianna (new)

Rhianna (rhireading) | 16 comments Do I remember right that Laura envisioned Owen as Henry Cavill? I'm sure I read that somewhere during the blog tour. Ever since then I feel a little old because the only role I ever remember him from is as Albert in The Count of Monte Cristo. lol

Anyone else adore his mismatched eyes though?

message 6: by Karin (new)

Karin Shah | 6 comments I also love the mismatched eyes. Since he was wearing the clothes she put on the snow man, I knew he was supernatural, but I really didn't have any clue exactly what was going on. I think her incredible loneliness helps her accept him ar first, even though her natural caution is also there.

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (austinbooklover) | 44 comments I personally find him bland after the last book... Not very attractive, not very perked by him so far unfortunately - total downer!

message 8: by Iris (new)

Iris (Ipro) | 7 comments I actually found him very sweet in a "I've been burned before" kind of way. Plus, considering the fact that our heroine is seriously grieving, he can't come on too strong. I think if he did, her reaction to him wouldn't be positive. He's got to ease into things with her.

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (austinbooklover) | 44 comments I would agree if I felt this book more than one dimension - it barely pushes over to 2 not just 3 unfortunately... so far just not liking it... I will suffer through this months unfortunately it seems

Rhianna wrote: "Anyone else adore his mismatched eyes though?"
I totally do! I love that the buttons become his eyes and that she made a little snow family. This book really tugs at my heart strings.

Iris wrote: He's got to ease into things with her...

Yeah, definitely! With the heroine so emotionally fragile, their relationship can't be superspeed or start off as uber intense. Owen is sweet and caring. He's not the most alpha guy either, but oh he is so adorable!

message 12: by Buffy (new)

Buffy Kennedy | 8 comments I was instantly intrigued with Owen and so far I definitely think his intentions are good. He's yummy and I can't wait to hear his story and find out which of my theories on his purpose are correct!

Book Bite Reviews (Briere) | 25 comments Yes! I think the snowman (view spoiler)